• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

See Destiny Islands in all new detail thanks to Kingdom Hearts 0.2 hack

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts hacks have often revealed interesting information about characters or worlds left out of games. We learnt that Woody and Buzz Lightyear were planned as summons for Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ in 2007, and that a world based on Disney's The Jungle Book was planned for Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.

Back in September, Youtuber HdHereidme uploaded a 6 minute video showing off a hacked version of Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-. While no new information or cut content was revealed, we do get to see the entirety of Destiny Islands in stunning Unreal Engine 4.

The video also contains a look at the Mirror Aqua boss battle room, as well as the Upside Down room from the Dwarf Woodland. Unfortunately areas such as Yen Sid's Mysterious Tower were not accessed but we don't have to wait long until we can explore that area in Kingdom Hearts 3, coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2018!

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Oh god, I had already forgotten how bad Aqua's running animation looks. xD
Anyway, that's why I want DI in KH3 so badly. ;_; It's so damn pretty, I love islands and everything with water in video games.

DefiantHeart

Awards
Already saw that when the Gamer's Joint guy showed the footage on his channel. Still it is nice looking at the new ps4 era kh graphic scenery. Very pretty. It makes me hopeful that we'll eventually get those cgi kh cutscene movies as normal gameplay someday in the future... that would be amazing.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Already saw that when the Gamer's Joint guy showed the footage on his channel.
It's kinda dicky that he pretty much just uploaded the original video with the only difference being 5 seconds of a cutscene in Yen Sid's tower and him recording his own voice over the top. Just rubs me the wrong way that he effectively stole that content from someone else , got 42K more views from them, and no doubt profited on it (either through ad revenue or because he's advertising a place where you can purchase shirts)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
This was fun to see. I love it when people hack games to explore the environment.

Oh god, I had already forgotten how bad Aqua's running animation looks. xD
Hey, it's not easy running in heavy, metal shoes!

Anyway, that's why I want DI in KH3 so badly. ;_; It's so damn pretty, I love islands and everything with water in video games.
Same. ;-;

It's kinda dicky that he pretty much just uploaded the original video with the only difference being 5 seconds of a cutscene in Yen Sid's tower and him recording his own voice over the top. Just rubs me the wrong way that he effectively stole that content from someone else , got 42K more views from them, and no doubt profited on it (either through ad revenue or because he's advertising a place where you can purchase shirts)
Things like this is why I hate The Gamer's Joint and wonder why anyone would support such a channel.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm still so neddled we didn't get to explore Destiny Islands in 0.2.
I didn't want anything special or secret, just strolling around one of my favourite worlds that stopped being fully explorable after the first chapter (without being split into identical rooms or bug boxes all around) in ps4 graphics.
I swear, I hope they're giving us some reason from keeping this world so hidden. Like in KH III they will add a newer part that's some kind of dungeon or something.

Things like this is why I hate The Gamer's Joint and wonder why anyone would support such a channel.

Yup.
Feel free to do whatever you want, but an advice? At least consider stop watching/supporting TheGamersJoint. You can get pretty much all his channel offers from others who actually bother making their own content.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm still so neddled we didn't get to explore Destiny Islands in 0.2.
I didn't want anything special or secret, just strolling around one of my favourite worlds that stopped being fully explorable after the first chapter (without being split into identical rooms or bug boxes all around) in ps4 graphics.
I swear, I hope they're giving us some reason from keeping this world so hidden. Like in KH III they will add a newer part that's some kind of dungeon or something.
Oh man, a secret "cavern of remembrance" behind the (not so) secret door would be amazing!

Sorakh212

Awards
I love it when certain tech savvy people, be they hackers, modders, or just good programmers, show us stuff like this in video games. What's particularly impressive about this one is the level of detail in the island especially when compared to KH1.
This really makes me even more psyched for KH3 though because man would it be awesome to run around Destiny Islands again but with modern tech, the way things are in the story, and just to explore again. Maybe it's just because I also really happen to like tropical levels in games but with this I think nostalgia is a big key factor as well. Interesting find though and thanks for sharing.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh man, a secret "cavern of remembrance" behind the (not so) secret door would be amazing!

It would. I mean, it's also possible, looking at the model there is potentially a whole lot to the Islands to explore and utilize.

Last edited:

ImVentus

Awards
I love it when certain tech savvy people, be they hackers, modders, or just good programmers, show us stuff like this in video games. What's particularly impressive about this one is the level of detail in the island especially when compared to KH1.
This really makes me even more psyched for KH3 though because man would it be awesome to run around Destiny Islands again but with modern tech, the way things are in the story, and just to explore again. Maybe it's just because I also really happen to like tropical levels in games but with this I think nostalgia is a big key factor as well.

Yeah that's always nice to see and I bet Destiny Islands would be a welcomed return for KH3.

SomeKHFan

Awards
The islands do look good. Would have been nice to actually explore them ingame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back