• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Seeking an Artist for a brand new Tabletop Card Game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I think I had posted about this some time ago, but basically, I've been developing a tabletop card game for several months now. In terms of structure and mechanics, the game is basically done (excluding tweaks that may be made after more play-testing). But the big thing I need now is the artwork for individual cards. I've already completed the templates as well as the 'card-back art' myself, but I mainly need the illustrations for the characters on the cards and the corresponding background art.

We can agree on a price for a set number of illustrations (there won't be nearly as many as there would be if this game were to be a CCG/TCG), and arrange it so that I own the pictures once they're done and have been paid for. The reason for this is that I'm serious about actually publishing the game, so I'm not taking any chances considering how complicated copyright laws are. I want to own the copyrights to every aspect of the game. (And obviously we'd agree on the price beforehand.)

Originally, I considered giving potential artists the option to volunteer to be a co-creator of the game, and split the revenue from sales rather than just being paid for the artwork, but it'll be very complicated sorting through how it'll work, and most publishers reject outside artwork from what I've researched, which could potentially screw over the artist. I have no interest in screwing anybody over, so I prefer to just work something out beforehand. That way, even if the publisher likes the game but trashes the artwork and replaces it with their own, at least the artist I worked with got something out of earlier on.

On a side note, while I haven't 'finalized' a name for the game yet, soon I'm gonna need a logo and box-art as well, so those are up for grabs as well.

I should also reiterate that this isn't some idea I've had floating in my head that'll go nowhere. I've been working on it largely since last June (excluding a couple months during the school semester), and I've already 'play-tested' the mechanics with pieces of notebook paper (as silly as that sounds). Obviously, I'm gonna do more play-testing, but I'd rather do so with a fresh prototype.

Without giving too much away, the game is gonna be all-in-one with possible expansions if it's successful, rather than the CCG form in which there would be starter decks and booster packs. It emphasizes deck-building, territorial conquest, and combat. It's a Swords & Sorcery kind of a setting with classes, spells, equipment, etc.

tl;dr

I'm looking to pay an artist for some illustrations that i can use for a tabletop card game I've been designing.

Vicodin

relative power
I'm up for it. Message me details of what I would be illustrating and what not and we can talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back