• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Politics Separating art from the artist, how hard is it for you?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Willow A113

Awards
"How far will people go?"
People will go far enough to stop reading and watching a series. That's an easy thing to do. But to take a life-saving medicine. I'd take it in a heartbeat and I think anyone would. There is a HUGE difference between picking a new hobby and NOT DYING!

Anyway, I'd like to remind people that being a Happy Potter fan does not make one as bad as Rowling. There are so many fans that are very much against JKR and don't think of her when enjoying her media. Many fans aren't this famous but look at SuperCarlinBrothers. They post Harry Potter videos on YouTube multiple times a week. But do they agree with JK? Are they transphobic? No, quite the opposite! If you wanna go past fans, Daniel Radcliffe (actor of Harry Potter and Wolverine in the 2026 Disney+ Wolverine series) is very openly against Rowling and I believe he's even donated to LGBT charities! I'm just tired of the fans being attacked and wanted to spread some positivity in this thread.
(Note: I hope people don't get the wrong idea from this post, I still hate JKR and would never support her or consume any of her media. I'm just saying reading books is not a bad thing.)

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm just tired of the fans being attacked and wanted to spread some positivity in this thread.
I wasn't attacking any fans of HP in this thread if you got the idea. I just don't see what's wrong with not supporting HP because of Rowling. Besides that, I don't really mind what people do. Hell even I enjoy HP (not a mega-fan but I enjoy it).

Willow A113

Awards
I wasn't attacking any fans of HP in this thread if you got the idea. I just don't see what's wrong with not supporting HP because of Rowling. Besides that, I don't really mind what people do. Hell even I enjoy HP (not a mega-fan but I enjoy it).
Oh, I wasn't even thinking about you when I wrote that, sorry. And yeah even I could watch an HP movie at a movie night with people. They're actually solid movies. I don't support HP and would never put any money into it because of Rowling. I'll always boycott the series, money-wise. But if someone doesn't, that's fine too. As long as they're not hateful like JK, I could care less what they read or watch. Sorry if you thought I was getting after you- I wasn't.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh, I wasn't even thinking about you when I wrote that, sorry. And yeah even I could watch an HP movie at a movie night with people. They're actually solid movies. I don't support HP and would never put any money into it because of Rowling. I'll always boycott the series, money-wise. But if someone doesn't, that's fine too. As long as they're not hateful like JK, I could care less what they read or watch. Sorry if you thought I was getting after you- I wasn't.
Oh no you're fine! I just know I was really harsh about Rowling in the thread so I could get it if someone thought I was being so. All good <3

Willow A113

Awards
Off-topic, but it’s good to see you back @Willow A113. I hope things have gotten better for you.
Thank you it feels good to be back! Well, it's not better per se, but it's closer to being better. I turn 18 in 5 months so I'll be able to finally move very soon. We moved to Missouri (from Arizona) and the new house has different wifi which means I can now access khinsider. I should be back permanently. It's nice to see people are happy about the return of some random kid :LOL:

AegisXIII

Awards
Thank you it feels good to be back! Well, it's not better per se, but it's closer to being better. I turn 18 in 5 months so I'll be able to finally move very soon. We moved to Missouri (from Arizona) and the new house has different wifi which means I can now access khinsider. I should be back permanently. It's nice to see people are happy about the return of some random kid :LOL:
Ah yes, I remember you. I find it hard to keep track of who is who with all the new profile pictures around. Glad to see you are back.

D

Deleted member 246005

I remember disliking Nomura as a person years ago and I wasn't sure why. So it took a while to figure out that I was projecting my Xehanort saga dislike onto him.

Getting back into writing and years away helped get rid of it but sometimes it is tough to seperate.

Nomura's not the only one. I had dislike for the writers of DMC4 and a few other series like Bleach.

Alot of it just comes from your personality. Like I'm scatterbrained so I have a hard time doing outlines. So that inability to seperate my feelings tend to pop up in other aspects. And I'm sure other people have a similar problem.

AegisXIII

Awards
I remember disliking Nomura as a person years ago and I wasn't sure why. So it took a while to figure out that I was projecting my Xehanort saga dislike onto him.

Getting back into writing and years away helped get rid of it but sometimes it is tough to seperate.

Nomura's not the only one. I had dislike for the writers of DMC4 and a few other series like Bleach.

Alot of it just comes from your personality. Like I'm scatterbrained so I have a hard time doing outlines. So that inability to seperate my feelings tend to pop up in other aspects. And I'm sure other people have a similar problem.
Did you dislike all Nomura's content when you were disliking him?

AegisXIII

Awards
Not in the past, just after DDD.
I see. The famous DDD controversy. XD
But in a sense I think that's a good thing even if you dislike an artist.
It's way better to have a piece of art when you can feel the artist's touch with its qualities and its flaws rather than a tasteless piece of content made by a room of impersonal writers.
Art is made to make us feel emotions. And if it's anger, so be it. Otherwise it's just a product.

D

Deleted member 246005

I see. The famous DDD controversy. XD
But in a sense I think that's a good thing even if you dislike an artist.
It's way better to have a piece of art when you can feel the artist's touch with its qualities and its flaws rather than a tasteless piece of content made by a room of impersonal writers.
Art is made to make us feel emotions. And if it's anger, so be it. Otherwise it's just a product.
I get that but I rather dislike the work than the person.

Back