• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sephiroth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 252753

Honestly, in gameplay terms I don't think ReMind was crying out for a Sephiroth battle. The Limitcut and Secret episode featured several battles against lightning fast, teleporting human sized enemies similar to the KH1 and 2 Sephiroth battles.

If I could add an extra boss battle it would be against a giant enemy, as I think it would contrast nicely with the many battles against humanoid foes already in the DLC.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Neither did Frozen or Toy Story or any other property in the game really.
Disney worlds are different from FF stuff. FF was gone completely from vanilla KH3 and it was great (the game, not the fact that FF was gone). If Disney was completely gone from KH, it would not be great -- at all.

OneDandelion

Awards
To be honest I think the Yozora fight more than made up for it. Sephiroth would have felt out of place with the FF characters not being fully integrated into the story anyway.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Disney worlds are different from FF stuff. FF was gone completely from vanilla KH3 and it was great (the game, not the fact that FF was gone). If Disney was completely gone from KH, it would not be great -- at all.
I'm not sure what this has to do with saying more of the Cloud-Sephiroth plot at RG shouldn't exist because it's irrelevant to KH's main story when it would be B story stuff just like everything that happens in Disney worlds, not main story stuff??

2 quid is good

Awards
Why's it different? And great is pretty subjective, as a conclusion to the saga so far KH3 comes down to average at best for me. As a standalone game it would be higher but its not one so I won't treat it as one.

Disney alone does not make KH. You can have a skeletal game with just it, but it won't be held in wide regard. I don't think any piece of media that has fans so split can be called great. A great mess maybe

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I've actually seen people request KH games without Disney in them all the time, since almost the day KH1 was released. I wouldn't want it to happen, personally, but I understand the desire (and I didn't want a game without FF either, yet here we are). I see someone resurrected the most recent thread on the idea, too.

I think Nomura would have even less reservations about cutting Disney than he did FF if it was solely up to him. Thankfully, Disney owns this series and he has no choice. Too bad SE couldn't put their foot down in regards to the FF characters; you'd think they'd want the cross-promotion from a business perspective enough to demand their inclusion in KH the same way the Disney company does with their own properties.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I'm so happy with what we got that I really wouldn't have wanted any time taken away from the 13 Data Organization fights and Yozora. Literally every fight is fun and good and represents their character extremely well... Having to develop a Sephiroth model, location, scenes, and a battle would most definitely take time away from the development of the other battles. They made the right call.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Disney alone does not make KH. You can have a skeletal game with just it, but it won't be held in wide regard. I don't think any piece of media that has fans so split can be called great. A great mess maybe

Ugh... yes it does. That's always kind of been the whole point of... Kingdom Hearts. I mean, FF is one thing, and even the semi-removal of that has garnered massive negative reactions for good reason, but Disney is a HUGE part of KH's identity and always has been and contributed a lot the fascination of its lore. You can't just remove that and expect something NOT to fundamentally change about the series. If you do, Kingdom Hearts doesn't feel any different from any other FF spin-off. Which is why it's one of the reasons Kingdom Hearts feels like the opposite of what it was originally intended; why it feels like it's own thing seperate from any FF spin-off because it became so much much bigger then that and part of that identity has always been the Disney associated aspect mixed with everything else. Sure, you can take that away but the series won't feel the same after that.

2 quid is good

Awards
Ugh... yes it does. That's always kind of been the whole point of... Kingdom Hearts. I mean, FF is one thing, and even the semi-removal of that has garnered massive negative reactions for good reason, but Disney is a HUGE part of KH's identity and always has been and contributed a lot the fascination of its lore. You can't just remove that and expect something NOT to fundamentally change about the series. If you do, Kingdom Hearts doesn't feel any different from any other FF spin-off. Which is why it's one of the reasons Kingdom Hearts feels like the opposite of what it was originally intended; why it feels like it's own thing seperate from any FF spin-off because it became so much much bigger then that and part of that identity has always been the Disney associated aspect mixed with everything else. Sure, you can take that away but the series won't feel the same after that.
Did.. Did you read my post? I said Disney by itself is not the only aspect of KH that matters. As in, KH is made up of different stuff than just Disney.

That if you made a KH game with JUST Disney it wouldn't work because KH is more than that. Not sure how much more clearer I can make this statement.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Did.. Did you read my post? I said Disney by itself is not the only aspect of KH that matters. As in, KH is made up of different stuff than just Disney.

That if you made a KH game with JUST Disney it wouldn't work because KH is more than that. Not sure how much more clearer I can make this statement.

Ah, I see. I think I misread that. My apologies. Yeah, KH being just Disney and inky Disney would not work at all because it might as well just be... well,... Disney. And the world already has enough of that anyway.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Since this topic is talking just about Sephiroth I'll only address him and not the FF characters as a whole (because I would love to see Rinoa, Gilgamesh, and Balthier appear in Kingdom Hearts)

As far as just Sephiroth goes I didn't miss the character. I greatly preferred the 14 bosses we got and like them all more as challenging fun bosses over Sephiroth anyway. I'm bias and just not a big Sephiroth fan so I'm the wrong person to ask this. I can understand folks wanting to see the conclusion to his and Cloud's story. I think the reason why I'm not bothered is because I've seen Cloud vs Sephiroth in so many media now that the appeal has worn off and the remake is coming too. But that's just me. Doesn't mean I don't want FF characters in KH, I'm just kinda over Sephiroth personally... (give me Gilgamesh)

D

Deleted member 252753

Just to add, from what I recall KH2 makes it clear that only Cloud can defeat Sephiroth, even though Sora can match him in combat, so I think a story where Sora fights Sephiroth again would be more tricky, unless Sora were fighting alongside Cloud to finish him, maybe. Though I realize Sora ignoring it being Cloud's battle and finishing him off anyway would fit KH3.

Back