• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Serious question>< Is apprentice xehanort or Ansem SoD is how xehanort looked like in his youth?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
Ansem doesn’t look much like xemnas, xemnas in the other hand looks like an adult terra but Ansem looks more like xehanort (also still find it strange apprentice xehanort looked more like an older young xehanort instead of terra?) so I know probably many have already talked about this but I still didn’t find the answer I seek, so anyone know pls?

AR829038

Awards
It's never been totally confirmed, but you can tell by his skin tone, facial features, and hair that Ansem is definitely designed in Xehanort's image. We never see the true Xehanort in his prime, but I think it's safe to take Ansem's appearance as what he would have looked like.

D

Deleted member 246005

I saw the Seeker of Darkness as Xehanort in his 40s while Young Xehanort is basically teen Xehanort.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don't think that Ansem SoD is how Xehanort looked in his prime. From the looks of it, Xehanort has always had a slender build. Young Xehanort is slender, while Master Xehanort, if you take all that clothing, looks slender. If anything, Ansem and Xemnas are more Terra because of the build.

Foxycian

Awards
Have
I don't think that Ansem SoD is how Xehanort looked in his prime. From the looks of it, Xehanort has always had a slender build. Young Xehanort is slender, while Master Xehanort, if you take all that clothing, looks slender. If anything, Ansem and Xemnas are more Terra because of the build.
you seen young xehanort in bbs? And kh3 with Eraqus? He has a good body build plus the new artwork showed his body same as riku plus his armor “no heart” has really big muscler build.

Foxycian

Awards
We
I haven't seen the new art work. And he doesn't look as "thicc" as Ansem/Xemnas.
Well yea YX is young adult age 18 while Ansem and xemnas are in their 30-32 so that’s understandable you won’t get buffed that quick not everyone grows the same.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think one of the Gummiphone loading screens actually subtly answers this...

Riku: “Xehanort was controlling Terra’s body when he created Ansem and Xemnas. But Ansem had no form until he possessed me. Am I why he looks the way he does? :/“

My understanding based on this is that Apprentice Xehanort’s and Xemnas’ appearances are indeed determined by Terra’s body (possibly *influenced*, though not determined by, Xehanort’s actual heart - i.e. silver hair and general evil). Ansem SoD apparently also throws Riku in the mix, since he technically used Riku’s body to take form. I’m not sure I see it though, aside from vague similarities in hair color. But the series does often make pains to draw associations between Riku and YX, in addition to Ansem SoD at least once saying to him “Indeed, you and I are the same.” So...

Attachments

• 8D972F36-C398-488C-AD83-4A4B35A960C6.png
    8D972F36-C398-488C-AD83-4A4B35A960C6.png
    454.8 KB · Views: 4

Noivern

Awards
They are supposed to look like aged up versions of Terra as his body was the template used. It's just that his body aged with time just like the other apprentices before they were actually turned into Nobodies.

It's also been noted before that Xehanort has always looked very similar to Terra, even before he himself was "norted". It's probably part of why he was interested in him too.

Foxycian

Awards
Was it also explained why apprentice xehanort appearance altered to look like an adult young xehanort instead of terra? Terranort looks like terra but Apprentice xehanort look like young xehanort if he becomes 30 or something, is possession also alter the appearance of someone.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Was it also explained why apprentice xehanort appearance altered to look like an adult young xehanort instead of terra? Terranort looks like terra but Apprentice xehanort look like young xehanort if he becomes 30 or something, is possession also alter the appearance of someone.

Huh? Apprentice Xehanort still looks very much like Terra.

OroysI2.jpg

Foxycian

Awards
Huh? Apprentice Xehanort still looks very much like Terra.

OroysI2.jpg
Well he does I know but his appearance were altered a little
41E46F8A-6FFA-434A-B02E-6355ADDA2458.png
Terra and young xehanort share resemblance, but young xehanort has smaller chin nose eyes mouth eyebrows etc.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well he does I know but his appearance were altered a little
View attachment 12302
Terra and young xehanort share resemblance, but young xehanort has smaller chin nose eyes mouth eyebrows etc.

And I still believe he looks more like Terra than Young Xehanort.

Unknown.png

Foxycian

Awards
And I still believe he looks more like Terra than Young Xehanort.

Unknown.png
Well what I meant is how young xehanort will look when he grows up, but I see what you mean.

Edit: I’m aware young xehanort and terra do share little resemblance like how Sora and ventus do, but like I said was it ever explained why apprentice xehanort features were altered a little? If they were twins then people could easily tell them apart, btw I’m asking question cause I’m not familiar with nomura’s interview and you look like a kh expert.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well what I meant is how young xehanort will look when he grows up, but I see what you mean.

Edit: I’m aware young xehanort and terra do share little resemblance like how Sora and ventus do, but like I said was it ever explained why apprentice xehanort features were altered a little? If they were twins then people could easily tell them apart, btw I’m asking question cause I’m not familiar with nomura’s interview and you look like a kh expert.

There is no official confirmation that Apprentice Xehanort's features were altered to resemble Young Xehanort. It's just a matter of perspective.

Last edited:

Noivern

Awards
Something relevant to discuss is that in one of the gummi-instagram-loading screens in KH3, Riku asks himself if he's the reason Ansem SoD looks the way he does, and the loading screen still happens after the realization that Terra was the body Xehanort was using.

This is never really brought up anywhere else, but it's amusing to me how they would bring that up in KH3 out of all places when we already knew about the whole Terra situation. It's not far off to imagine an aged up Riku with dark skin would look exactly like SoD either, although that is more in line with the anime-style of KH making it harder for characters to have individual characteristics rather than it being intentional. But they're both from Destiny Islands and both have silver hair, so then again, who knows really?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Ansem, Seeker of Darkness is the original Xehanort in terms of in real world time. I presume Ansem is based on an adult and bulk Riku.

Then comes Apprentice Xehanort, which is a younger and slimmer version of Ansem SoD.

And here goes Xemnas, a buffer version of Apprentice 'nort.

Then we have Terra and Master Xehanort. Terra is a buffer Apprentice Xehanort with alterations, while Master 'nort is the old man version of Apprentice Xehanort.

Terranort is just Terra with a Xehanort haircut.

Young Xehanort is the very young version of Xehanort, which most certainly was based on Apprentice Xehanort, but with younger features.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If it is worth mentioning, this is what Nomura had to say about designing Terra:

-- How did you decide on the design for their faces?

Nomura: Well Terra's look was already a decided thing, we just had to make him look a bit younger. I knew that Ventus should look either like Sora or Roxas, and I wasn't sure which one to go with, but I thought Vanitas looking like Sora would have a bigger impact so I had Ventus look like Roxas instead. And there is a reason that Vanitas looks like Sora. As Sora filled in Ventus' fractured heart, the fractured part (Vanitas) was effected by Sora and ended up with Sora's face. So if it had been Riku who had filled in Ventus' heart, Vanitas would have looked like Riku.

Foxycian

Awards
you guys might be right, ansem never had a face to begin with, he only got one when he possessed riku, could also mean that that’s how (possibly) riku will look when his older? Still hot tho 725C04A7-11E6-4F1D-84D0-A8CAC8D2EB72.png

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If it is worth mentioning, this is what Nomura had to say about designing Terra:
I imagine Nomura originally made him look a tad like Xemnas, but for the 10 years before KH timeframe to be a bit more noticeable, I presume he decided to make him younger.

Back