• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shadow of the Tomb Raider | September 14th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

For The King

LA12373LOGO-b

cover-610.jpg

Forget what you know about Lara Croft. As of today, all that is changing.

In our world-exclusive cover story, we uncover a brand-new Lara Croft. Rebooting the Tomb Raider franchise through an origin story wasn’t so much a choice as an act of necessity, according to Crystal Dynamics. Drastic measures were needed. To build an entirely fresh Lara – a culturally relevant hero worth of the attention that once came so effortlessly – they must break her first. In this new adventure – simply titled Tomb Raider – a younger and inexperienced Lara Croft must endure both physical and emotional trauma to survive.

Make sure to check out the Tomb Raider hub throughout the month of December for more exclusive details about Lara Croft’s rebirth. The hub will launch later today.

We've got two logo treatments for the new cover. You can see one in the front cover image below, and the other in the full wraparound spread that's a little further down the page.

Some main points from the issue:

- Lara is 21 in this game
- It's not only a reboot of the franchise but a reboot of the entire brand. As a result there will be no "real" Lara model this time.
- They're doing performance capturing with this game
- There are brutal deaths in the game this time. One is described as a deranged man stabbing Lara in the chest and then closing her eyes after she's dead. Another includes a boulder falling on her leg to trap her before another falls and crushes her head.
- CD won't talk specifics on weapons but concept art shows a bow, shotgun and pistol
- The lock on targeting system is gone and it now has a free aim system. CD says that it can compete with any of their competitors.
- "I think that the major difference between this game and the old is the concept of smoke and mirrors," begins Darrell Gallagher, the studio head at Crystal Dynamics. "There was an illusion of freedom because of streaming and loading that would pop you out in a different location, but this is absolutely real. You can literally go any direction that you see and carve your own way to the finish line instead of being guide."
- "It was important in the game to not only deliver the character arc of Lara Croft emotionally, but to deliver it in gameplay as well so the player gets to grow into a hardened survivor," says experienced director Noah Hughes. As the game unfolds, Lara will scavenge new tools and gear that augment her abilities. Lara's athletic prowess will also evolve. Some areas begin inaccessible due to physical limitations or scarce supplies. With the right skills and gear, however, the island is Lara's for the taking.
- There are base camps in the game. Here you can combine items to create something new and access a skill system to upgrade Lara's abilities. You'll also be able to use base camps to fast travel to different locations to minimize backtracking.
- You'll need to gather food and water in order to survive
- There are humans in the game, including some of the crew members from the shipwreck off the coast of the island.

Source: Tomb Raider Game Informer Info [Update 2: Multiplayer Jobs (Co-op/PvP) Post 892] - NeoGAF

Sorry if a thread has been made already, I'm am super pumped. Feel free to discuss the rest of the series here if you want. :)

D

Dexter 2

Re: Tomb Raider

Should mention it's due for Christmas 2011. ^

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Dexter made a thread; but don't worry, no one cares about Dexter.

Also, I will frame that cover.

For The King

Dexter made a thread; but don't worry, no one cares about Dexter.

Also, I will frame that cover.
Oh my bad, I tried looking around for one but I obviously didn't look hard enough. This thread can be closed if necessary. :)

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Don't worry about it, you made it in the right section anyway.

Awesome cover

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

Has anyone seen this before?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Anyways, i'm super excited for the game, even thought I have no idea wtf is going on with Lara's hair and why these enemy designs look so silent hill-ish.

ffxiiilight

Might be good, not sure yet. time will tell. I have one older (PS3) and the latest download version of Lara Croft. not played them in awhile

Awards

Geez spoiler tag those pics, they're huge!!

... Looks good so far, I'll read the story when my copy of gameinformer comes in.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~

I'd like to see some action but from the looks of it and from what i read i will probably buy it...Awww who am i kidding!! I will buy it for sure.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Geez spoiler tag those pics, they're huge!!

... Looks good so far, I'll read the story when my copy of gameinformer comes in.

haha, yeah I guess, I was going to resize them but I had to go to school :<

Radon

mofo

Oooh this looks really cool. I'm not gonna be surprised if this island has a smoke monster roaming around too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back