• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Shadows and Daylight *A Riku Story*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Q

Banned
I meant to edit my last post but i thought 2 days after wouldn't make much sense....you really know how to bring someone down...I didn't mean to spam!calm down lol

...well, that's extremely nice. I say it in such a calm manner, and yet you tell me to 'calm down lol'.
Read plz.

*waits for more* :D

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
how you type is the way people think of how you are saying it, I might not be the smartest kid alive..you may tell yourself you're calm...but the way you type doesn't look like it...truely though....you do know how to bring someone down,I saw your post on my new fanfic....how about instead of insulting me,you tell me what i'm doing wrong.

M

Miss Murder

Thanks to everyone who said it was good and I'll read Shadow's FF when I have more time. For now though I have a new chapter which I may edit and make longer - again, when I have more time. Anyway, here it is:

Chapter 7: The Last Reaping

As Riku followed Xehanort into a small and enclosed building, his hatred for the heartless grew with each and every silent and tortured step he took. When they finally stopped in the small space, Riku was near fuming. But he composed himself and said in his usual calm manner, "What are we doing here, Xehanort?"

Without his former mocking, Xehanort replied, "To show you the next world you will be visiting." He nodded to the middle of the dark and damp stone room, where a small pedistal was placed. With another nod of his head and a wave of his gloved hand, a white light began to shine in the empty space above the pedistal, growing and swirling until it was the size of a gypsy glass ball.

"You know of this place, do you not?" Xehanort said, a grin growing on his cruel and unfeeling lips as scenes of the world appeared in the misty orb.

Under his shadowy blindfold, Riku's eyes widened with recongition. Still, he couldn't say that he hadn't seen all of this coming. "Destiny Island. . .our island. . ." Riku said quietly. He turned his head away from the demonic orb to Xehanort. "You monster. . ." He hissed through his teeth.

To this Xehanort smiled, and that along made Riku's stomach churn. "Nothing I haven't heard before, dear boy. Now, for the list of names of the ones who will die. . ." Xehanort said, and with a burst of flame summoned a slip of yellowed paper with a few names scribbled onto it.

Riku grimaced as he read the names inscribed on the paper. "All of our friends back on the Island. . ." he whispered. "It's like the devil's paper. . ."

"It is the devil's paper," corrected Xehanort. "And those are the names he wants you to collect for him. Now, will you turn against your former friends to save Kairi?"

Riku was silent for a moment, but as he considered the consequences and values, he wasn't sure that he should go through with this. "I don't -" he began, but was interrupted by Xehanort's stern and commanding voice. "You don't have a choice!"

Riku closed his eyes. As much as he hated to admit it, Xehanort was right. "Fine. . .I'll do it."

Xehanort smiled and said, "Good, good. But we will have to let them see their killer's face, won't we? Their former friend, dear Riku. It will torture them to know that you turned against them in the worst way possible, and that you broke your seemingly-eternal bond of friendship. What will you say to them, Riku? To try and convince them that you really aren't turning into that which you most hate." Xehanort laughed histarically. "Well, you had better get going, dear boy. . ."

Riku narrowed his eyes, clenched his fists, and ground his teeth, but as much as he wanted to, he couldn't defy Xehanort. "Fine. . ." He whispered hoarsely. "Fine. . ."

A dark portal opened in front of Riku without him summoning it, and he stepped through after snatching the demonic paper from the air. Without a second glanve back, Riku continued on to his former home, Destiny Island. His friends were waiting.

____

As Riku stepped through to Destiny Island, the sunlight burned his eyes. Riku put a hand over his eyes - an ungloved hand. Wait. . .what? My eyes. . .the blindfold is gone! It was true. The blindfold that had covered Riku's eyes was gone, and with it the evil black coat that he hated so much. His former clothes were back on him, the ones he had worn before all of this started. "What the he-" Riku began, but was cut off by Selphie bounding up and saying to him, "Riku, you're back! Where did you go for so long?"

Riku was speechless. Was it all a dream? thought Riku. But he knew that it couldn't be that simple, for in his left hand was the slip of paper with the three names of his friends who would be dead. "No. . ." Riku shook his head. "No!" Riku closed his eyes. "No. . .I can't do it!"

"You have to, Riku. . .you don't have a choice!" Xehanort's voice rang out clear through Riku's head. He shook his head, but still he knew what he had to do to save Kairi.

"Umm. . .Okay then, Riku. Good luck with that," said Selphie, and she skipped off with her jumprope.

Riku sighed. "I have to go through with this. . ." In his hand appeared his Soul Stealer blade. "It's what I have to do. . ." Riku opened his eyes, and for a moment they reflected Xehanort's own eyes. . . but it may have just been a trick of the light.

__

Riku got up from the sand on which he had been lying on and brushed himself off with his free hand. "Well. . .then I suppose I have to get this over with once and for all. . ." Riku said, and his heart ached with the realization of what he was about to do. "When I kill them, the Island will die with them. Its very essence will be lost, and all of its meaning with it."

Riku looked down at the paper. It read:

Destiny Island: Reaping List

Number One: Selphie

Number Two: Tidus

Number Three: Wakka

Riku closed his now-free eyes and wrinkled the paper, stuffing it in his back pocket. "Fine then, Xehanort. I'll get rid of these three who you think are a threat to you," he said, but obviously knew that Xehanort only wanted Riku to kill these three because they had been his friends, not because they were a threat to him.

Riku looked around him, and saw that near the waterpool (and the doorway with the cavern inside) the three victims were standing and talking to one another. Selphie seemed to have told them that Riku had returned, for they were glancing around. Once they spotted him, they came jogging over.

"So you're back, ya'?" Wakka said with a grin on his face.

"Hey Riku! Where are Sora and Kairi?" Tidus asked him.

"See, I told you he was back!" Selphie grinned.

"I-I'm sorry. . ." Riku mumbled, and drew his blade on them.

"Riku! Whadda you doing?" Tidus asked, and took a startled step back with the other two.

"What's the matter with you, ya'?" Wakka asked, obviously shocked, but not as surprised as Selphie, who was shocked speechless.

Without another word, Riku slashed at the one who was closest to him - Selphie. She put a little arm out to try and block him, but his blade slashed through it and Selphie screamed in pain. Wakka and Tidus jumped to help her, but Riku swung his blade around, slashing through Tidus's chest and throat, and harming Wakka's arm, sending them both flying back. After a moment, Wakka leapt back to his feet, but Tidus remained lying on the now-blood stained sand, unmoving and not breathing.

Riku screamed inside of his head and turned back to Selphie, a tear in one eye. He stabbed his blade straight through her small, child neck, killing her immediately. He turned back to Wakka, who was staring at the bodies of Tidus and Selphie.

"Wha-" He began, but he didn't get time to finish, for Riku had decapitated him the next moment, and after a split second, the rest of Wakka's body dropped to the ground.

Riku breathed heavily and closed his eyes. "It's finished, thank God. . ." he whispered hoarsely.

God won't help you now. . . Riku said to himself. Your fate has been decided. Hell is the only place fitting for a monster like you! Riku screamed inside of his head.

Last edited:

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Lycia,plz gimme some advice....sorry to ask,somepeople liked my fanfic but redux didn't.Can I PM it to ya later?prob some people will not like it either

Last edited:
M

Miss Murder

OK I edited Chapter 7 and finished it. Be sure to comment and rate!

As for your advice Shadow, I haven't read your FF because the links you gave me just go to this slightly funny and kind of stupid short conversation involving Sora, Kairi, and Sora's mom.

If that's what you wanted me to see, then I can't really give advice for it, only to say that it's okay for what it is and all.

Q

Banned
Lycia,plz gimme some advice....sorry to ask,somepeople liked my fanfic but redux didn't.Can I PM it to ya later?prob some people will not like it either

Stop spamming her with messages for help with your fanfiction.
Take my advice, and stop pestering others. Just do it.

Once again, a great chapter. I eagerly await the next installment. :D

M

Miss Murder

Umm. . .no I don't think I have, Shadow. By the way, please stop spamming. You can PM me if you want though.

Thanks, Redux.

Chapter 8 coming soon.

M

Miss Murder

Chapter 8: A Twist of Fate

As Riku opened his eyes again, the corpses of his former friends were gone, Riku was back outside in the dark and dreary streets of the World That Never Was, his dark clothing was back on him, and Xehanort was beside him once more.

"Ahahahahahaha!" Xehanort laughed hysterically again and said, "Well done, dear boy, well done! I had no idea your heart was capable of such torture, but you proved me wrong!"

Riku turned to face the demonic figure, his fists clenched. "I did what you told me to, I acted as your bounty hunter for those who didn't even deserve it, I killed without even the slightest cause, now let Kairi go!" Riku said, beginning to speak from a low tone and ending yelling at Xehanort.

"Why of course, Riku. I never break a vow." Even as Xehanort said this his lips creased into a sickening smile, and Riku could only wonder what evils he was plotting. "Come now." Xehanort waved for Riku to follow him.

They walked, except this time into the very heart of the Nobody Castle. Thick cords and wires were hanging about, and the colors white and black were around so that it could almost blind you. Of course, Riku could see little to none of this due to his blindfold, clouding his vision but handicapping him in no way at all.

"Where is she?" Riku said, his eyes darting to-and-fro.

Xehanort chuckled again. "So impatient. . .ah, all in good time boy. All in good time. . ." Xehanort pulled out a insigna of the Nobody and Heartless symbols combined, and inserted it into an indented place on a egg-shaped pillar in the center of the room. This pillar was the source of all the wires in the room, and as such all of them connected at the top of it.

Around the insigna key, a silver light began to glow until, further along the pillar, a doorway was revealed, and through which Xehanort stepped, motioning for Riku to follow him. "This way, boy."

The doorway turned out to lead into a stairway leading downwards, spiraling down and down and down until it seemed to stretch on for eternity. But everything isn't always what it seems, and this is one of those cases, for the stairway finally ended at another doorway, and through this Xehanort stepped through, and Riku followed.

This doorway lead to what seemed to be a prison chamber, and in one of the cells sat a disgruntled-looking Kairi, with her hair wet but clothes dry yet torn in some places, and tear streaks lining her face. She sat on a stone bench with her hands folded, looking down at the floor. She looked up as the two entered, and upon recongizing Riku she burst into a smile and ran to the gate of the cell, holding the iron cell bars.

"Riku!" she called to him, "You came! But what's he doing with you? I thought you and Sora killed him a long time ago, but Xemnas is here to! What's going on?" Kairi's eyes flicked from Riku to Xehanort and back again.

Riku looked down at the floor, but then looked back up at Kairi. "I can't explain it all right now, but you're safe now, Kairi. That much is for sure, and I've come to save you. Sora was trying to to, but now I'm here."

Xehanort grinned again. "Oh, come now Riku. Don't you want to tell poor Kairi here of how exactly you managed to be able to save her, and why she was captured in the first place?"

Riku shook his head. "Shut up, Xehanort. . ." he said quietly, and Xehanort's grin faded.

"Tell her, boy! Tell her what you are going to become, and tell her what you did! Tell her who you killed to save her!"

Kairi stared at Riku, a now-desperate and blank, un-understanding smile on her face. "Wh-what's he talking about, Riku?"

"Nothing, Kairi. . .nothing!" Riku looked at Kairi and took a step away from Xehanrot. "Don't you say a word to her!"

"Oh, Riku, Riku, Riku. . .don't lie to her!" Xehanort and Riku were both near-shouting now. "Tell her why you killed them, tell her what I made you do! Tell her how you killed Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie!"

"NO!" Riku summoned his Soul Stealer blade and lunged at Xehanort. Kairi's face was now blank, and she could only watch in horror.

Xehanort dodged the attack, and flung Riku back against a wall with a swipe of his hand. "Don't be a fool, Riku! You are but a mere puppet to me now!" In a flash of darkness, Xehanort was no longer outside of the cell with Riku but in the cell with Kairi, one hand around her middle and the other around Kairi's neck, ready to snap it or choke her at any given moment.

Riku leaped to his feet as Xehanort said, "Now tell her! Tell her all of it! Tell her all of it or she dies!" He smiled. "You still don't have a choice."

"R-Riku. . ." Kairi's voice was cracked.

Riku took a deep breath. "Kairi. . ." he began.

"Go on!" Xehanort urged him on with the explanation.

"It stared when Xehanort told me he had kidnapped you, and that was because. . .because he had a list for me. A list of names of people in worlds he and Xemnas thought would get in the way of their plans. He wanted me to track down these people in these worlds and. . .and. . ." Riku paused.

"And what?" Xehanort forced him to continue. Kairi's eyes were wide, but all of her attention was focused on Riku.

"And kill them," Riku closed his eyes beneath his blindfold. "So I did, but he didn't tell me what would happen to me once I did this so now. . .Kairi. . .so now I'm turning into a heartless."

Kairi gasped as best she could with Xehanort's hand around her neck.

"And when he does, I will have his heartless as one of my minions, and Xemnas will gladly take his Nobody, who will undoubtedly be as powerful as his heartless," Xehanort said, and grinned. "Very well then. On this list of names was also your - former - friends, Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie, who Riku here killed ruthlessly and with malice."

"I didn't want to kill them!" Riku shouted, but Kairi was beyond listening to him. She was looking past Riku, to the white and blank wall. He was dead to her now.

"All right then, Riku. Now that Kairi knows who her 'hero' is, she can be let free." Xehanort released his grip on Kairi and with her returned to the side of Riku. "Here you go, Riku. Enjoy your time with her - while you're still human." Xehanort teleported them to the outside of the Nobody Castle, and as he did so he laughed, so that his laughter rang in Riku's ears, mocking him and taunting him.

End of Chapter 8, comment and rate please.

Last edited:
M

Miss Murder

Yeah, depressing and action (somewhat) is what I'm all about. :D

Next chapter coming soon, still when I have a little more time. . .

M

Miss Murder

Here's Chapter 9, and sorry that it's a little short, but it was too good of a place to end for me to continue it any further:

Chapter 9: Hope Long Forgotten

Kairi wouldn't speak to Riku - she wouldn't so much as look at Riku.

They were on Destiny Islands, and Kairi was just sitting on the Paupi (sp) tree, and Riku was in his usual spot, leaning against the tree. Sora was still off somewhere, looking for Kairi. Both of them were silent as death, and with each passing second Riku grew more and more solemn, depressed, and angered at what he had done. The sun was setting, and it casted a candleflame-like glow over the island.

"I'm sorry, Kairi," he said, looking over to her. His blindfold was still on, and so was his Organization cloak and gloves. "I. . ." He looked away; he didn't know how to continue.

"How could you!" Kairi snapped at him, finally saying something, no matter how hurtful it could be taken as. "How could you possibly kill all of those people!"

"I had to save you!" Riku turned to face her, motioning with his hands. "It's not like I could just let Xehanort and Xemnas keep you and do with you what they wanted!" Riku calmed down a little as Kairi looked hurt. "What do you think I was thinking? How do you think I felt about all of this?" he said, quieter this time.

"I-I don't know you anymore, Riku," Kairi whispered quietly. "You really have turned to the darkness. Maybe you're just destined to become a heartless. . ."

"Don't ever say that!" Riku shouted, and grabbed Kairi by her shoulders, shaking her slightly. "Don't ever, ever say that again!" He let go of her and took a step back. Tears were in Kairi's eyes. "Kairi-" he began, but was interrupted by a figure running along the shore of Destiny Islands.

Riku and Kairi both looked over to their old friend; it was Sora. "Kairi, Riku!" he shouted joyfully, but then slowed down as he was beside them and saw Riku was still in his dark uniform, and Kairi was almost in tears. "Wha-what's the matter?" he asked, a slight grin still on his face, but fading fast. "What's going on?" Sora turned to Riku. "Why do you still look like that, and what happened? How did you get to Kairi before me, and. . .how did you do it?" Sora looked over to Kairi, desperate for answers. "Why're you crying like that, Kairi? We're all back on our island!" He put a hand on her shoulders as she put her head in her hands and cried.

"Riku," she sobbed quietly, "Riku killed those people!" She didn't care at this point that she sounded like a small child and not like herself; her friend had almost berayed her in a way, and now he was dead to her.

"You did what?" Sora said in disbelief, looking over to Riku. "Riku! What did you do?"

Riku had been nearly silent up to this point, but now he told the whole story to Sora, word for word, up to the very point when he and Kairi had been in the cells of the Nobody castle, and Xehanort had teleported them back to the island. "And, that's about it. . ." he finished quietly.

Sora just shook his head meekly, looking down at Kairi. "How could you?" he said the same thing Kairi had been saying moments before. "Why did you?"

"Sora!" Riku shouted; he was growing almost exhasparated. "Neither of you understand! I had to, to save Kairi! You wouldn't have been able to, anyway!"

"Yes I would have!" Sora retorted, removing his hand from Kairi's shoulder and balling it into a fist. "You didn't have to act like Xehanort's little puppet and kill all of those innocent people! You killed our friends, Riku! You ended their lives early! They still had a long time to live, love, and things to do! But you stopped all of that. . .you're nothing but one of them now, Riku! You're nothing but a monster!"

Rikku took a step back; he was shocked by Sora's last comment about him being a monster, for that was the same thing Riku himself had called Xehanort but a little while ago. "How can you-. . .How can you say that, Sora?" he said quietly, drawing his Soul Stealer. "I was the one who saved Kairi, and I was the one who risked everything to save her!"

Sora summoned his keyblade. "No you didn't! You didn't save her at all! You're the one who killed us all! You destroyed our friendship. . ."

"There are more important things in the universe than friendship!" As soon as Riku shouted this at Sora, he had wished that he could have taken it back.

"How can you say something like that, Riku?" Sora said, a little more quietly, but then returned to shouting at Riku, while Kairi was still near-crying on the tree, but was now watching through the cracks of her fingers in silence. "You really have changed, and you really are becoming what you hated the most! Face it, Riku, you're a heartless! And you know what I have to do to heartless. . ." Sora glanced at hsi Keyblade. "I don't want to, Riku, but if I have to, then this will end here and now!"

Sora ran forward, swinging his keyblade. Riku jumped out of the way, and tried to convince Sora to stop by saying, "Sora, no! I haven't become a heartless! If you'll just stop, then we can stop it!" He knew what he was saying couldn't be true, after all, he had made a pact with Xehanort; he had made a pact with the devil, and now his fate was sealed. "There has to be some way!"

"There is no way, Riku!" Sora stopped, and closed his eyes. "Riku! I am so, so sorry. . ." He ran forward again, jumping into the air and landing, knockng Riku backwards into the shallows of the ocean.

"Dammit, Sora!" He shouted, and readied his blade. "I-. . ." Once again, Riku couldn't find the words he needed to say. Riku shook his head and leaped at Sora. Catching him off-guard, Riku swung in blade around him and hit Sora in the back, spinning him in a spiral into the ocean, still in the shallows though.

As Sora got up, though, and turned around, keyblade ready, Riku opened a dark portal and stepped through, whispering something under his breath as he entered the darkness.

"I will find a way. . ."

End of Chapter 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back