• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shamu kills trainer in Orlando

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khlover7

I might return
not sure I put it in the right section

Female trainer killed by whale at SeaWorld during public show

One person is dead at SeaWorld's Shamu Stadium, following an incident this afternoon, an Orange County Sheriff's Office official confirmed.

Orange County Fire Rescue responded to SeaWorld's Shamu Stadium this afternoon on report of a person who was not breathing.

Details about the incident are not yet available, but a Sheriff's Office official confirmed it is a death investigation.

A local TV station is reporting that a female trainer was killed after she was grabbed by one of the theme park's whales at the start of a public show.

Park guest Victoria Biniak told Local 6 that the trainer was a veteran of SeaWorld and had just finished explaining to the audience the show they were about to see.

At that point, Biniak said, the whale came up from the water, grabbed the trainer around the waist and "thrashed her all around" to the point the trainer's shoe fell off.

Guests were evacuated and were later told the park was shut down, Biniak told Local 6.

Rescue personnel were called to the theme park at 2 p.m. Calls to SeaWorld and Orange County Fire Rescue were not immediately returned.

The Sheriff's Office is en route.

Seaworld has a real handful

Discuss

State

Awards
Seriously, the comments about the report are stupid. These guys are called professionals for a reason. Sure, he might have forgotten where to stand, but he was busy attending the audience that he must have forgotten where to and not to stand. The wild can be trained people, professionally or illegally.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
o_O
Whales live in water there is no water on the moon.

How did you know!?!?

Your second comment indicates you don't get the reference, yet your third comment indicates you might get the reference. Either way, I believe he's making a South Park reference.

I wish there were more details about the incident, but I hope it wasn't too messy. It would suck for the children to be experienced to such a gruesome death at an early age.

A

Azrael

o_O
Whales live in water there is no water on the moon.

How did you know!?!?

It was supposed to be a bad pun.

But I'm surprised this has happened. I will try searching for the video and post the link here for all of you to see.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Seriously, the comments about the report are stupid. These guys are called professionals for a reason. Sure, he might have forgotten where to stand, but he was busy attending the audience that he must have forgotten where to and not to stand. The wild can be trained people, professionally or illegally.

lol no

Wild animals can never be fully trained. That is why the trainers know there is a risk into getting into the water with them. Animals attacking their trainers for no reason is not rare. It is pretty common. The animals are not tamed. They are still wild. You can train an orca to jump, but you cannot train it to behave all the time.

If that orca wants to play with you and you don't want to, do you think you can stop it?

khlover7

I might return
Your second comment indicates you don't get the reference, yet your third comment indicates you might get the reference. Either way, I believe he's making a South Park reference.

I wish there were more details about the incident, but I hope it wasn't too messy. It would suck for the children to be experienced to such a gruesome death at an early age.

We're not talking about reverences here, stay on topic.

THERE IS NO FOOTAGE PEOPLE!

Sacred X

Freshmeat
We're not talking about reverences here, stay on topic.

You should probably highlight his post to see the hidden text; I was just addressing his confusion, along with contributing to the original topic.

Sure, there are those people that say the trainer deserved it, or basically anyone that has a pet turn on them. I don't take these comments too seriously as I don't believe something that minor warrants death.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
It isn't the trainer's fault at all. Those who said she deserves it are as ignorant as those who say you can fully tame a wild animal. Considering where she was, the orca did not attack to defend or protect something. It is most likely the orca simply wanted to play in its own way. It does not realize how fragile the trainer is. There is no reason for it to attack her outright if she has spent a lot of time with the orca.

Orcas aren't mindless killing machines. They are also not whales. So, the title killer whales is incredibly incorrect.

khlover7

I might return
It isn't the trainer's fault at all. Those who said she deserves it are as ignorant as those who say you can fully tame a wild animal. Considering where she was, the orca did not attack to defend or protect something. It is most likely the orca simply wanted to play in its own way. It does not realize how fragile the trainer is. There is no reason for it to attack her outright if she has spent a lot of time with the orca.

Orcas aren't mindless killing machines. They are also not whales. So, the title killer whales is incredibly incorrect.

People call them whales since they're real big and all

Killer whale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was just an accident :L

Naryx15

Oh shit. :/ I've been there last year in Orlando, and I can really imagine how horrible it would be to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back