• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Shingeki no Kyojin [Attack on Titan]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
shingekinokyojin1813085.jpg

Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by giants. Giants are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of giants.

Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a giant in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as one of the city walls is damaged by a 60 meter giant causing a breach in the wall. As the smaller giants flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as Eren's mother is eaten alive.Unable to save her , Eren vows that he will wipe out every single giant and take revenge for all of mankind.

So yeah, this sleeper hit is getting an anime directed by Araki (Death Note, Highschool of the Dead, Guilty Crown).

...and it kinda looks like the most badass thing I've ever seen.

[video=youtube;KKzmOh4SuBc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKzmOh4SuBc[/video]

It's kinda what I imagine Hollywood would do if they were told to make a trailer for anime.

Last edited:

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Re: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) [most badass anime trailer ever]

So yeah, this sleeper hit is getting an anime directed by Araki
That's all I needed to hear. Then I saw the trailer. This is looking up to be probably one of the most well animated series I've seen in a looooong time. The designs look pretty damn awesome. I'm getting a slightly more modern Berserk feel from this for some reason.

Also got a very odd Amazing Spider-Man sensation from this trailer.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Re: Shingeki no Kyojin [most badass anime trailer ever]

Oh, I have no doubt that the recent Spider-Man movies inspired the animation here.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

So when exactly does this premiere? I'm looking forward to this, feels like the next enormous hit anime.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

TANIYAMAAAAAAA! Seriously, I wish he'd get cast for more stuff. I've loved him ever since I watched Gurren Laggan.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Honestly, I think I'm most looking forward to seeing Rivaille animated. Dude is just so boss.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

I'm starting to think I may have to read the manga after hearing everybody hype the shit out of this for the manga being so good and how amazing the animation for this is.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Man, you have no idea how happy I am about this animation.

One of the best things about the manga is the dynamic art style and sheer sense of motion and speed. Not everyone likes the "sketch" look; but as far as sequential imagery goes, this mangaka is one of the best. That this trailer managed to capture that makes me fangasm so hard.

The setting is so amazing that it really props up everything around it, and the characters/plot just get better and better with each arc.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

tbh i thought the art in the beginning was pretty bad (it's not just the sketch look, just doesn't look that good in general), but it does progressively get better

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

I got chills. Not going to lie.

Really looking forward to this. Words can't express how much.

Awards

tbh i thought the art in the beginning was pretty bad (it's not just the sketch look, just doesn't look that good in general), but it does progressively get better

pretty much my sentiments, though I still think the art is lacking in areas

not looking for any kawaii desu desu but I mean ftlog Isayama.

at times, your visual interpretation of the human body makes me wanna shed tears.

but to each their own. otherwise I’m looking forward to the anime after that trailer. C8

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards

YES YES YES! OMG FINALLY THIS IS GOING TO BE MADE INTO ANIME 8D

HYPE HYPE HYPE

That trailer was the best thing EVAR in my week end *U*

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Attack on Titan

This was part of the 2013 lineup so i thought i'd go ahead and make a thread about this incredible anime and manga. I just got into the manga recently and I'm already in love with it. for anyone who's curious, attack on titan is about a society's war against a race of monster giants called the titans. I recommend this manga to anyone, as it has great characters and a rich creative setting. Also the first episode of the anime recently came out, which captured the feel and tone of the series wonderfully.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
That second episode. Such an amazing introduction arc. And can I just say that I love the ending?

[video=youtube;kWUCdTngVjk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWUCdTngVjk[/video]

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I don't remember much of this episode being in the manga....unless they skipped forward to it later on and I've forgotten.

But still, very good. This animation, everything. Fantastic.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I don't remember much of this episode being in the manga....unless they skipped forward to it later on and I've forgotten..

Nope, it's in there, except for the extra stuff between them with the bread and the soldier and all. I think that was from an extra later on (or maybe it was just a regular flashback chapter later, I can't remember), because I feel like I remember that scene. They didn't foreshadow the whole bit between Eren and his father this early either.

And the armored titan didn't get that grand an entrance in the manga. It just shows him breaking through the wall in a single page. So it didn't leave as much of an impact.

Episode three seems to be taking at least part of its content from later on too, as I'm pretty sure we didn't see Eren's early struggle with 3D gear until later in the manga.

Back