• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Shinji Hashimoto Retires

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Thank you everyone. I will retire on May 31st (Tuesday) today. During my tenure, I am very grateful to all of you in various fields. From now on, I would like to support you as a SQUARE ENIX fan. I'm really thankful to you.

Feor those unfamiliar, the guy's been the producer and effectively co-creator of the series from day 1. So this is a pretty big deal.

Enjoy retirement, you masterful troll.
7c6.gif

D

Deleted member 263385

well good luck on what he plans on doing next.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Welp, there goes one of the big ones.

If I recall correctly he was the one coining the "please be excited" meme some years ago and one of the very few inside the KH team to at least try and keep track of the overall lore, at least as much as Nomura would let him.

2 quid is good

Awards
Pretty sure we heard that last year or before then even, but regardless, bittersweet news. Hashimoto has had a big hand in what KH is/was. Hopefully he enjoys retirement

PikaPal

Awards
Shinji did a lot of stuff for Square-Enix so I wish him the best with his future endeavours.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Couldn't they have paid him/contracted him to stay on for KH IV?

Well, I'm grateful for what he has done for the series and wish him the best. It's a well deserved retirement.

This might be good to really freshen up/take the series in new direction.

Chie

Awards
A "good" producer retiring is a bit of a worry, considering the seemingly internal struggle at SqEnix right now where smaller-scale games (i.e. Dungeon Encounters) can actually be developed and sold at half price, but also they need 10 gachas at all times and bigger profile games will be crushed by corporate arbitrarily. Kingdom Hearts is already only barely hanging on, in fact you could argue it isn't and that the existence of X/Missing Link instead of actual non-numbered games is proof of this.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
If there's even one thing I don't like in KH4, I'm going to attribute it entirely to the 'absence of Hashimoto'. I'm thinking of popularizing the term 'post-Hashimoto KH' (derogatory) to be used instead of meaningful discourse.

Back