• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Shiro Amano shares preview of KH3 Manga Vol. 2 cover art

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The second volume of Shiro Amano's manga adaption of KINGDOM HEARTS III is set to release June 11th 2021 in Japan for 660 Yen (approx. $6 USD). The upcoming volume will cover the events of KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth By Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage- featuring Aqua's time in the Realm of Darkness.

Shiro Amano has shared a preview of the cover's layout, and the actual cover can be viewed below:

The current chapters of the ongoing series is available to read for free on Square Enix's GANGAN Online in Japanese, and is currently being published digitally in English by Yen Press.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, NEO: The World Ends With You and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So they are adapting 0.2 in the middle of KH3's storyline? Interesting. The art looks gorgeous

SweetYetSalty

Awards
When I saw the June 11th date I nearly jumped out of my seat. But then I saw it was for the Japan release. For some reason I thought this was already released in Japan. Probably because of all the manga Aqua stuff floating through the net. With that said the cover looks good. Like all KH manga titles I shall get it.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
So they are adapting 0.2 in the middle of KH3's storyline? Interesting. The art looks gorgeous
Yeah, 0.2 is included in the KH3 manga. It's pretty awesome. So happy to have more manga of TAV for once. I was devastated when it was announced there wouldn't be a BbS manga so this kinda makes up for it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Not really even the middle. This is right after Olympus, so it is done as a natural transition to Riku and Mickey visiting RoD for Aqua as a look back at how things led to Aqua being there.

Noivern

Awards
Really liking the way this is going as it gives us actual content of what Riku and Mickey were doing instead of random cutscenes, and more Aqua will always be good. BBS being chosen as the one game to not get a manga adaptation and thus depriving me of Terra getting an actual personality will always upset me, so more of the trio throughout KH3 is good.

Hopefully when they reach the point of the story where they address the BBS characters and their hearts in more detail we can get some BBS flashbacks to go with it.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I love the coverart of this. I cant wait to get the Manga once available on the EU comixology.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Very nice cover art 😀👍 Looking forward to the English release

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Particularly dreamy cover. I like that we got the random behind-the-scenes sketch. Honestly, I feel like I've been waiting for this volume for forever just to scratch the itch of Shiro finally drawing TAV/BBS material, however via 0.2 it may be.

Awards
Cover be exquisite.

Michael: we're going home riku

Riku: what about aqua tho

Michael: we have aqua at home

also love how the Twilight Town chapter just straight up ditches the Re:Coded reference

Back