• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should BBS have been less complicated?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
There are some definite questions that are left for the series, however.

1. How did the process for Terra choosing Riku to wield the Keyblade occur exactly? In BBS, Terra likes Riku, and has him hold his Keyblade.

2. Why did Xemnas call Aqua's armor "friend"? Wasn't he created from Master Xehanort's heart? Personally, I think he somehow gained some of Terra's memories and thought he was Terra.

3. Why do Xion and Roxas have to be saved (this is what they said in KH: Coded Episode 8)? Xion and Roxas are part of Sora, they're whole now.

4. What ultimately became of Terra's heart? Did Xemnas survive and Terra's heart return to his body? Or, did Master Xehanort's heart return to Xemnas's body?

There are other questions as well, these are just a few.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
MX's heart NEVER became a heartless! MX's heart and Terra's heart both exist in Terra's body.

You haven't looked at the translations! When Master Xehanort possess Terra, he recites the "Darkness is the heart's true essence" that Xehanort's Heartless makes in KH1! That's pretty clear evidence that Master Xehanort's heart became a Heartless! Their hearts didn't merge! Their hearts constantly struggled for control until Xehanort became a Heartless!

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
There are some definite questions that are left for the series, however.

1. How did the process for Terra choosing Riku to wield the Keyblade occur exactly? In BBS, Terra likes Riku, and has him hold his Keyblade.

2. Why did Xemnas call Aqua's armor "friend"? Wasn't he created from Master Xehanort's heart? Personally, I think he somehow gained some of Terra's memories and thought he was Terra.

3. Why do Xion and Roxas have to be saved (this is what they said in KH: Coded Episode 8)? Xion and Roxas are part of Sora, they're whole now.

4. What ultimately became of Terra's heart? Did Xemnas survive and Terra's heart return to his body? Or, did Master Xehanort's heart return to Xemnas's body?

There are other questions as well, these are just a few.

1. It seems only people who are strong enough to wield a keyblade can hold another's keyblade. When Leon and Jack Sparrow held the keyblade they automaticaly went back to Sora. But Riku was able to touch Terra's keyblade without it leaving his hand.

2. We don't know how much of MX exist in Xemnas and how much of MX exist in XH.

3. Roxas always wanted to be his own person. He never acted like he was happy to join with Sora, neither did Xion. They would have prefered to be their own people.

4. We'll find out when Xehanort returns in KH3 most likely.

You haven't looked at the translations! When Master Xehanort possess Terra, he recites the "Darkness is the heart's true essence" that Xehanort's Heartless makes in KH1! That's pretty clear evidence that Master Xehanort's heart became a Heartless! Their hearts didn't merge! Their hearts constantly struggled for control until Xehanort became a Heartless!

No it didn't, if MX's heart became a heartless then MX wouldn't have been speaking to Terra's heart in the secret ending. MX's heart and Terra's heart exist in Terra's body together (NOT MERGED!!!!!). I never said their hearts merged, I meant they co exist together in Terra's body struggling for control until XH was made and Xemnas was made. Understand?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Before the release of Birth By Sleep, many fans speculated that Terra would become Xehanort. They believed that he was once a heroic Keyblade warrior who became evil, a tragic hero of sorts.

When the game came out, this theory was partially correct. The Xehanort introduced in KH2, the apprentice of Ansem the Wise, was Terra's body being controlled by Master Xehanort's heart. Many people are conflicted about how the laws of the KH universe allowed Terra to control his armor, that became the Lingering Sentiment. Some speculate it was his heart, but that may not be true because it never showed his heart leave his body. Perhaps it doesn't have a completely logical answer. Perhaps Terra's armor simply lives because it retains the feelings and personality of its user (Terra).

Later on, Xemnas, the Nobody of Xehanort, is seen talking to the armor of Aqua, Terra's old friend. He calls it friend. However, Xemnas was a Nobody created from Master Xehanort's heart, so why does he call Aqua friend? Does Terra have influence over him? Is he saying that sarcastically because he has Master Xehanort's personality?

Many fans now speculate that if a heart returns to its Nobody counterpart, it becomes a complete person. There is also speculation that Terra or Master Xehanort will return. Now, if Xemnas did survive, who would gain control of him? Terra's heart, or Xehanort's?

Enough speculation. Here's a simple question:

WHY did Nomura have to make this series so complicated with this game?

Personally, I think that the fans' original Xehanort theory would have worked perfectly. He wasn't possessed by someone else's heart. Instead, he was a former hero who gave into darkness, killed Master Xehanort, and went on to want power for himself.

The game would have a similar ending, where Aqua defeats Terra in Radiant Garden. After his defeat, he falls into darkness, again, and she saves him, again, setting in motion the events of the next few games.

With these new events in place of the ACTUAL events, Terra returns in the next game as Xehanort. At the end of the game, he sees the error of his ways, and enters the realm of darkness, to spend the rest of his life in an eternal battle against the Heartless.

Thoughts? Comments? Bashing?
whats complicated about an insane old man wiht a magic 3-foot key stealing a body loosing his memories and causing conflict everywhere he went?

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
1.No it didn't, if MX's heart became a heartless then MX wouldn't have been speaking to Terra's heart in the secret ending. MX's heart and Terra's heart exist in Terra's body together (NOT MERGED!!!!!). I never said their hearts merged, I meant they co exist together in Terra's body struggling for control until XH was made and Xemnas was made. Understand?

Oh, well i feel stupid. We're on the same page. I keep accidentally adding my speculation that MX eventually gained control. But when Terra was possessed by MX, some of the translations did repeat the "Darkness is the true essence speech" that Xehanort's Heartless gave Sora. Then again, not all translations are accurate.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
*sigh* It's not that complicated. Well, maybe for Sora, but not for us.. the fans. To tell you the truth, I'm actually sort of glad with what happened. Also, I bet that if what you said happened, people would be saying it was too predictable/ too simple. Hell, there's people saying this was too predictable. (KH) Fans.. either way, the whole lot of them can't be pleased. Lol.. and if Xion was more than just a doll, I bet people would still hate her. Honestly, as much I'd hate to say it, I how most of my fellow KH fans act/ have reacted to the recent games. It's sad, just sad.

Samhain

Bronze Member
ok so if terras heart still exists within his own body and wit xehanorts heart when hes ansems apprentice

why doesnt xehanort the apprentice struggle and have an internal conflict like his counterpart "terranort"-when they first fused did. why didnt xehanort the apprentice struggle then if he still had terras heart?

howbout cuz terras heart was absorbed by mx or left that body hence why xehanort the apprentice similarities of mx grew more and why xehanort the apprentice hairstyle is exactly the same as young master xehanort's!

gameguy23

Awards
Imo yes the complex new situations have partially ruined the series. I don't play the games for the story anymore.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
ok so if terras heart still exists within his own body and wit xehanorts heart when hes ansems apprentice

why doesnt xehanort the apprentice struggle and have an internal conflict like his counterpart "terranort"-when they first fused did. why didnt xehanort the apprentice struggle then if he still had terras heart?

howbout cuz terras heart was absorbed by mx or left that body hence why xehanort the apprentice similarities of mx grew more and why xehanort the apprentice hairstyle is exactly the same as young master xehanort's!

I think that Terra's heart somehow left. I don't think his heart could have just been absorbed by MX in such a short time. You're right though, something must have happened to make Xehanort have brown eyes and MX's original hairstyle with the bangs.

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
Well think of it like this, I remember another member online here saying something like this

Kingdom hearts started out pretty generic and easy to understand, because back then everyone who played it was younger, imo nomura used his brain, he made the game grow up with his fans and kids. And plus the game, mostly bbs is pretty difficult to understand but its still not that hard to understand. Newcomers to the series are probably going to have a few problems. I have grown up with kh

thylings

Website
www.myspace.com
Well think of it like this, I remember another member online here saying something like this

Kingdom hearts started out pretty generic and easy to understand, because back then everyone who played it was younger, imo nomura used his brain, he made the game grow up with his fans and kids. And plus the game, mostly bbs is pretty difficult to understand but its still not that hard to understand. Newcomers to the series are probably going to have a few problems. I have grown up with kh

^This.

I like how Kingdom Hearts is turning around, because now it actually makes you think and rack your brain. I like that with games I play, books I read, movies I watch, etc. It makes the fun last longer and I love things that keep me guessing and points where I have to put my head together and figure it out. Of course, that's just me.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Complicated eh? yes even to those that say it isn't we all know that the game is clearly complex. You can't deny that, and if you did, you just lied. So for anyone who agrees that it isn't complicated, please summarize so that for those who do find it complicated may understand.

Gram

Banned
Awards

same here ive played it since it came out so im pretty much understand it :p

MeggieKeyblader

Personally, I think that the fans' original Xehanort theory would have worked perfectly. He wasn't possessed by someone else's heart. Instead, he was a former hero who gave into darkness, killed Master Xehanort, and went on to want power for himself.

In my opinion, this would have been a MUCH better outcome.. it's more epic, surprising, and tragic. How awesome would it be to find out that one of the heros turns into the main villain of the series?

Nomura doesn't have the guts to make one of the good guys turn bad. facepalm

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
In my opinion, this would have been a MUCH better outcome.. it's more epic, surprising, and tragic. How awesome would it be to find out that one of the heros turns into the main villain of the series?

Nomura doesn't have the guts to make one of the good guys turn bad. facepalm

he made Riku turn bad, but then that reverted itself for reasons within the plot of future installments

Romi

I agree with MeggieKeyblader. The game would've been much better to see a hero fall and rise to become a villain. However, the canon ending is interesting too because it leaves something for the players to speculate about. In that way, it leaves the players anticipating for the next game.
Regardless of that, I think it's fine the way it is because a lot of questions we formulate from playing/watching BbS are going to be answered in the next game.

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)
No, BBS wouldn't be BBS if it was less complicated. You wouldn't have most of the plot. Slow people should just catch on or give up.

kaialone

i couldnt agree more.Kh has grown up to be a mind-twisting brain-killing and sometimes hella-annoying game.But its cool,cuz if it wasnt like that it wouldnt be KH and i guess we all should be used to it by know,I grew up with KH too,and i dot care about all the confusion,because that one of the things that make KH so awesome sorabasically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back