• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should I buy a PS3 and get KH1.5/2.5?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora67

Banned
HI guys :) right now I have enough money to get a PS3 and get 1.5/2.5 but I was wondering if I should get it or just wait and save to get a PS4?

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Honestly, if there are other titles you are contemplating getting on your PS3 as well, I say go for it. But if not, part of me wants to say wait until E3 to make a decision, because if a KH 1.5+2.5+DDD HD Remaster is going to be announced for the PS4, I honestly think it'll be there, in which case you may just wanna save up for a PS4 instead.

It ultimately depends on what you wanna do. You can wait until E3, and then decide whether or not to purchase a PS3, or just do it now. I personally have had a PS3 since 2010 and haven't regretted it in the slightest. The library is beautiful, there's a multitude of things to do, etc.

Sora67

Banned
Honestly, if there are other titles you are contemplating getting on your PS3 as well, I say go for it. But if not, part of me wants to say wait until E3 to make a decision, because if a KH 1.5+2.5+DDD HD Remaster is going to be announced for the PS4, I honestly think it'll be there, in which case you may just wanna save up for a PS4 instead.

It ultimately depends on what you wanna do. You can wait until E3, and then decide whether or not to purchase a PS3, or just do it now. I personally have had a PS3 since 2010 and haven't regretted it in the slightest. The library is beautiful, there's a multitude of things to do, etc.
How sure are you that 1.5/2.5 will be coming out on the PS4?

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
How sure are you that 1.5/2.5 will be coming out on the PS4?

I'm highly positive about the possibility but I don't think you should make a purchasing decision based off of what I believe. For all I know, SE might very well decide to not put any of the Remasters on the PS4.

Sora67

Banned
I'm highly positive about the possibility but I don't think you should make a purchasing decision based off of what I believe. For all I know, SE might very well decide to not put any of the Remasters on the PS4.

Like I was going to get a PS4 in the summer because if I start saving up right now I'll have a PS4 by the end July :) and I would like to try out the 1.5 and 2.5's of Kingdom Hearts. It's not like KH3 will be out in 3 months XD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The past will be reawakened as a new number in never-before-seen detail. Prep4re yourself for the awakening of the next number.

Sora67

Banned
The past will be reawakened as a new number in never-before-seen detail. Prep4re yourself for the awakening of the next number.
Lol I feel like your telling me something here XD I guess I'll keep saving to get a PS4 don't know if there are any games out on the PS4 that I want right now but okay!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If nothing ever happens, you can always pick up a PS3 in the future. They are constantly dropping in price so at some point they will be really cheap to purchase.

Xelon99

Awards
There's no guarantee for 1.5 and 2.5 to go on ps4, but there's always a chance I suppose. I actually still have a pre-order running in several stores for KH1 Final Mix to be released here... Never cancelled them either. Never give up.

If you want to get kh3, might as well get a ps4 now. There are a few good games for it already to soak up time till then. And if 1.5 and 2.5 do not get released for ps4, you can always get a ps3 later on.

But most importantly, do not let a single game guide your console choice. Check out other games first, see which console has games you want to play right now. And look in the future if you're certain you can afford saving up for a ps4 or ps3 later on as well.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There's no guarantee for 1.5 and 2.5 to go on ps4, but there's always a chance I suppose. I actually still have a pre-order running in several stores for KH1 Final Mix to be released here... Never cancelled them either. Never give up.

Don't you think that's a little much? The FMs are here now. The dream came true.

Sora67

Banned
If nothing ever happens, you can always pick up a PS3 in the future. They are constantly dropping in price so at some point they will be really cheap to purchase.
Right :) I see that a 120GB is only 149.99 so I should have a ps4 by mid June :)

Sakide

But most importantly, do not let a single game guide your console choice.

I did that. Got a Wii U and 3DS XL for Monster Hunter 3G, a New 3DS XL for Monster Hunter 4G, and a PS3 for The Last of Us.
Totally worth it.
Guess Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX will be my second game(s?) for PS3.

Now think about what games you'd like to play. The PS4 is now slowly building up a nice variety of good games. If it's the ReMIXes you want to play most, then get yourself a PS3. I mean, these are four-and-two-halves games you could play, not just one. ;D
Don't personally think they'll come out on PS4.
The PS4 has the Final Fantasy X/X-2 and Final Fantasy Rei-Shiki remakes though.

Your decision. I think it's wisest to have both consoles anyway. ^^

Sora67

Banned
I did that. Got a Wii U and 3DS XL for Monster Hunter 3G, a New 3DS XL for Monster Hunter 4G, and a PS3 for The Last of Us.
Totally worth it.
Guess Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX will be my second game(s?) for PS3.

Now think about what games you'd like to play. The PS4 is now slowly building up a nice variety of good games. If it's the ReMIXes you want to play most, then get yourself a PS3. I mean, these are four-and-two-halves games you could play, not just one. ;D
Don't personally think they'll come out on PS4.
The PS4 has the Final Fantasy X/X-2 and Final Fantasy Rei-Shiki remakes though.

Your decision. I think it's wisest to have both consoles anyway. ^^
:) and like I said above I'll be getting a PS4 around July if I keep saving my money. And it's not like KH3 will be coming out in the next 3 months you know?

Rael_Oblivion

The question is, if you decide to get a PS3 now, will you be able to save up again for a PS4 by the time KHIII comes out? I'm waiting for E3 to make my decision because I'm not 100% sure I could save up again for a PS4 by the time KHIII would come out, unless it's three or four years away. So I'm reaaaaaally hoping for the PS4 KH bundle, but if I had to choose between getting a PS3 and the remixes (that I have all the original games for except BBS) and a PS4 and KHIII, I'm choosing KHIII in a heartbeat.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Me, I started saving for the PS3 first tho my brother made that moot (Sweet old 'Neko!) But here's my reasoning when I went for that first;

1. We got a lot of PS3 games in the house. A PS4 is NOT backwards compatible. Which is annoying but there you go.
2. I figured I have a year at worst before KH3 comes out. So I got time, and I got time to figure out a way to make more spare income than what I'd been doing. (Yes, I found it.)
3. As for the games themselves, I was dead tired of being someone who hadn't played more than KH1 and KH2, and had to rely on spoilers just to understand the story. I wanted to play the rest of the games ASAP, especially BBS since I was the one at the time that tried to wheedle my brother into buying that when it first came out on PSP, since he had the only PSP in the house. (He didn't.) I figured since it takes me forever to save up any significant amount of money, that if I waited until I had that PS4, I wouldn't be able to play all the games in time to be ready for KH3. This went triple when I got my brother's PS3. ^^

I'd recommend you check Cowboom for a used but working PS3/check CheapAssGamer for ideas on getting a discount on a PS3 if you get one at this point at all. And make sure you'll play it.^^ As for me? Saving for a PS4 now, I might go back and get a PS3 and a fat PS2 b/c of the backwards compat issue; I mean with PS2, don't mind the emu, but I'd rather have the real thing!

Also I may use cowboom for that PS4; they sometimes have scratched up ones for less money. I could care less about..case scratches.. ^^.

Last edited:

Xelon99

Awards
I'd recommend you check Cowboom for a used but working PS3/check CheapAssGamer for ideas on getting a discount on a PS3 if you get one at this point at all. And make sure you'll play it.^^ As for me? Saving for a PS4 now, I might go back and get a PS3 and a fat PS2 b/c of the backwards compat issue; I mean with PS2, don't mind the emu, but I'd rather have the real thing!

Also I may use cowboom for that PS4; they sometimes have scratched up ones for less money. I could care less about..case scratches.. ^^.

Did not think about that actually. While 2nd hand consoles have no warranty and are 90% of the time not in mint condition, it can save you big time. If you really care about those things, never mind it and go for a new brand new one with a special store promotion. If you do not care for the 2nd hand things, you can quite easily clean a console so it works like new. As long as you take good care of it from that point on there most likely wont be a problem.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
That's what I figure. Cowboom sometimes sells PS4's with cosmetic damage (scraped up case, etc) for 279.99. Mind these are pre-owned, and you have to make sure you get one with at least one controller (HDMI cable, not so much. Manual, not so much; you can look that up online). That site is run by Best Buy so I trust them.

If you take care of it after that, I think anyone wouldn't mind a few scratches on the case. I don't care myself as long as it plays games. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back