• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should I buy Days?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

impart

Climb The Sky
buy it. that's their opinion maybe you might like it? and maybe it is a horrid game, depending on how much you like kingdom hearts maybe you'll try to only focus on the good things about it. not everythings perfect, and allot of the people on KHI tend to look at the bad things

Sora1915

Bronze Member
buy it. that's their opinion maybe you might like it? and maybe it is a horrid game, depending on how much you like kingdom hearts maybe you'll try to only focus on the good things about it. not everythings perfect, and allot of the people on KHI tend to look at the bad things
I know! They really do.....it's just sad.....

Aria

braver by the minute
I already read all the spoilers and stuff like that, but I still want to play it. Story-wise the game looks pretty great to me.

mooseymoose

You don't need to play it to find out what happens in any of the games. Plus the stuff you miss you can read in the spoilers section... and watch the walkthroughs.

True, but it's just not the same. I did that with re:com - read what happened and watched cutscenes multiple times on You Tube. It wasn't enough so I bought the game anyway. Kinda ruined the game then bc I already knew what was going to happen, but the fights were pretty cool. Well, the org fights were pretty cool. The world fights, not so much.

A lot of people complained about how horrible KH2 was. Imagine if you listened to them before buying KH2. Do you regret buying KH2? I don't. I'm glad I played the game, stupid plot line and all. I'm more into the characters of video games in general than the plot line (although a good plot line does make playing more worthwhile). So my point is if you are a strong KH fan, go for it. Even if you don't like the story, you'll enjoy playing the characters.

Radon

mofo
If your a big enough fan of KH to be on a KH forum then itt would seem pretty dumb to not play one of the best games on the console and in the series.

Diastyl

Just get it if you want to really satisfy your urge and don't listen to what others say. Make your own choice

Oathkeeper(:

I agree with pretty much all of the comments in this thread. Don't listen to other people's opinions, because you might end up loving the game. If you're a true KH fan, you shouldn't miss out on a game just because other people said it was bad. It'd still be nice to get for the story, plus the graphics are pretty awesome for a DS game.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Its a good game for any action player's standards, not just KH fans.

A

Azrael

It's a good DS game and a excellent addition to KH but

if you're into plots and Disney, you'll think KHII is better

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
If I could I would. But I didn't like it that much...like..I did but.. not that much...=___=

But I would still buy it because it's a KH game.

Just know that many people worked really hard on this game to try to make it enjoyable. If you've been there through all the scans, the trailers, TGS, ect. then you'll know that this game was really put together w/ you in mind. I think supporting the game would be the best, instead of just watching the cutscenes[totaly contradicted myself i know], because this man, Tetsuya Nomura and countless others worked real hard on this game. I think you should at least buy this game and give it a try because of their hard work.

krexia

Translator
Awards
There is nothing wrong with the story at all, people don't even know half the story so how can it be horrid? Most of the people who say crap like that already barely like the series and just like bitching about it, seriously.
As someone who knows the whole story and is a big fan of the series, I liked the plot of 358/2 Days. I just think the pacing was atrocious. I know it was meant to focus on day-to-day life rather than big exciting events, but that's no excuse for nothing happening for a full two thirds of the game. I get enough of day-to-day living in my real life, and there are only so many ice-cream scenes I can stand. The Disney sections offered very little relief, adding almost nothing to what we know about each world, thanks to the fact that Roxas for the most part avoids interfering. And Days could've used a lot more character development in the actual game rather than afterwards through Secret Reports.

That said, the gameplay is good solid fun, and I did enjoy playing it.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
As someone who knows the whole story and is a big fan of the series, I liked the plot of 358/2 Days. I just think the pacing was atrocious. I know it was meant to focus on day-to-day life rather than big exciting events, but that's no excuse for nothing happening for a full two thirds of the game. I get enough of day-to-day living in my real life, and there are only so many ice-cream scenes I can stand. The Disney sections offered very little relief, adding almost nothing to what we know about each world, thanks to the fact that Roxas for the most part avoids interfering. And Days could've used a lot more character development in the actual game rather than afterwards through Secret Reports.

That said, the gameplay is good solid fun, and I did enjoy playing it.

You deserve rep for that.

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
I havent even gotten to try the game yet, and i havent watched any spoilers so im going to get it right away in english and decide for myself if it is good or not

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
This came from someone who saw the spoilers.

The storyline isn't that good, but it isn't horrible. It's better than KH2, but it's not as good as KH1/CoM.
I haven't actually played it, but I heard the gameplay was pretty awesome.

And I won't say KH is losing it's charm until we see how BBS turns out.
Nomura even said Days was mainly for multiplayer/gameplay. Storyline did have lots of potential though :/

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
Okay so I had been reading around here about Days and a lot of people said it was really bad. That it Storyline Wise it is a horrid game. And that because of this game KH is losing its charm. To me it seems like less people like it than love it. So should I buy Days or just read about?
You should buy it dude.It was good, not hard though

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
The storyline isn't that good, but it isn't horrible. It's better than KH2, but it's not as good as KH1/CoM.

Nomura even said Days was mainly for multiplayer/gameplay. Storyline did have lots of potential though :/

That's basically it. The story did have potential to connect a lot of things in the overall Kingdom Hearts series. But it didn't. It was very contrived. And it does go heavily slow and full of ice cream scenes. It doesn't really pick up until the climax. But if you want to perceive the story as for 358/2 Days alone, and that nothing, except a few minor things will go on to be "important", then yeah, it's pretty good. As its own story, that is. So it's worth a buy.

Especially for the gameplay, at least.

People always praise that one. Along with the graphics.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Oh yeah, it's pretty much a mission, then the ice cream scene. Repeats itself the next day, and the next. Doesn't get "interesting" until the very end. Though I heard the ice scenes were quite interesting. But still..:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back