• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Should I come back?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Yup. I'm one of those that left the site, and now I've got the urge to come back. The only issue though is that while the pull from the site is strong, I'm also feeling a push from three members. One more than any of the others. And the thing about it is that they were the reason that I left about half a year ago and they are regulars in pretty much the only section I was part of. So, should I go with my brain and stay away or should I give into temptation and come back like so many others before me? I'll let the fine folks of KHI decide.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Welcome back to the forums!

About those "pushing" factors... well, I'm pretty certain that everyone here is bound to have some people they aren't exactly comfortable with. It applies in any environment, really; not just in forums, but in the real world as well. I'd say, as long as they don't directly do anything funny to you, then just go about in your merry way and don't think too much about them.

Don't let those thoughts ruin the fun you can get here. :)

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Well the thing is, they started out as my friends. Hell, my first friends on here actually. But then they found out something about me, and things just went downhill from there. I tried to just ignore it at first, but things just kept escalating until I finally had enough and left.

BluberryStar

Awards
You know what? For being your "friends" they're not doing a very good job about it. Friends accept you for who you are. Online or in real life, both applies. The only difference is the screen that divides all of you. I just hate this form of treatment between individuals. It's like you're being cyber-bullied. If they wanna bad mouth you they're not a better person both in the virtual world or in the real world. So forget them (permanently) and find another friend in this community. I'm sure there are a hundred more better members than all of your previous "friends" combined. If they irritate you so much, you could always call a mod and ban them from the site. It's that easy.

Oh yes, almost forgot, welcome back to the forums ;)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Does this forum not have a sort of block system where you cannot read the post of said individual or people? If so, then I recommend do you likewise.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Does this forum not have a sort of block system where you cannot read the post of said individual or people? If so, then I recommend do you likewise.

Yes there is. Put the names of said individuals into the "Edit Ignore List" and you can't read their posts, unless you want to. If that's not enough, go to General settings, and look at the visitor messages; You should be able to keep unwanted posts from anyone but, your friends and contacts.

I hope this helps. C:

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Umm, Kit, they're in the RP section about as much as I was. It would be kind odd to have me and even one of them in the same RP since I wouldn't see any of their posts. This would in turn mess with the story as a whole. That's why I never used the ignore function in the past.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
is reconciliation not an option? ;~; forgive and forget?

BluberryStar

Awards
It depends, if they're still at it or not... The blocking option is a good idea tho, or maybe join another thread?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It depends, if they're still at it or not... The blocking option is a good idea tho, or maybe join another thread?

Joining another thread isn't going to prevent the other members from posting in it, as the forum is open to everyone.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
In any case, what Mystearea said about those people seems close to what we know as cyberbullying to me. I'd say, if it's irreconcilable and he's got evidence of being picked on (and the history of the event, like as to why it happened), he should present it to the mods to be followed up on.

If those people are still at it, you probably deserve new, better friends. As long as you don't do anything similar to them, you should still be in the clear. :)

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Why are you even worried like I understand your concern but that shouldn't keep you from enjoying yourself diddly them

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
^ true, but in roleplay you gotta interact with the other role-players right?

Right. There's no avoiding it, because you need to be on the same page, when it comes to roleplaying itself. If things get out of hand, us mods will naturally step in.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Umm, Kit, they're in the RP section about as much as I was. It would be kind odd to have me and even one of them in the same RP since I wouldn't see any of their posts. This would in turn mess with the story as a whole. That's why I never used the ignore function in the past.

Then how about this: If they start anything, let me know and something can be done about it. But like Marly said, see if you can't reconcile with them.

blksabbath74

Not to be insensitive, but I'm not exactly Mary Poppins...

1) Toughen up. Life is a series of soul-crippling suckerpunches, and the only way to win is to get up and keep moving forward.

2) You can't please everyone. Wherever you go, there will be someone with whom you won't get along.

3) Come back or don't come back, but don't waste your time with this cry for attention. It screams of desperation.

BluberryStar

Awards
I don't see the problem of posting this thread. So he needs some support and advice, what's so wrong in that? If he had a trustful friend here I'm sure he'll ask for advice, and since he doesn't I understand why he's afraid to come back. As long as you don't do anything like breaking the rules or insulting other people in the forums then I don't see where your fault is. Just go back to your normal RP activities. And if things get too serious, like KitKat said, just report to the mods and they'll help out the situation.

Noel

Awards
Long story short; you have a whole community here to support you. New and old. <3 I'd say that'll be worth the trouble you're feeling. Besides you can only make it as bad as you want it to be. If that makes sense. What I'm getting at is that you should not make it a big thing or else it will be what you didn't want in the first place.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
3) Come back or don't come back, but don't waste your time with this cry for attention. It screams of desperation.

Well, I don't know about you, but to me, the OP is a far cry from someone bitching about other people. He was seeking for guidance and support because of an unfortunate occurrence that had happened in the past. Going back here for him must have been like revisiting a community in which he felt disrespected and it's not exactly an easy thing to do.

People seek for support differently, and this is just one of those ways. Otherwise, why would there have been this Help and Support section where we can offer to extend our hand to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back