• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should I play/get this game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guernsey

Awards
Should I get 358/2 days? I really hate that Pete level as I always get caught in his sights and the stealth in the game kind of sucks.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Personally, I didn't like it much and would suggest saving yourself the pain (literally, the pain, this game gave me terrible hand cramps but I blame that more on the DS's design) and watch the movie instead, but it really depends on you. Days tends to be a very love it or hate it game and it sounds like you already had experience with it and didn't like that portion.

Generally though, Days isn't a game praised for its playability. A lot of people like the story, but the game play is another story. Eh, just sticking to the movie might be the best route.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd recommend it. As a game, it's not that good but the story is pretty solid

It really fleshes out Axel and Roxas' characters and gives us a better understanding of Roxas' motives. I felt we needed to see Roxas' time in the Organization which is why I felt this game was necessary despite some aspects being botched in execution. Saix also gets some good development and we find out some new things about Xigbar

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If you don't like the gameplay, I don't recommend it. I found the game to be dreadfully boring and very cramping and the selling point of playing as any Org member isn't any fun when you don't have a group of friends to play MP with. I think my first time around I got stuck fighting the Antlion then Infernal Engine...but after a second attempt I passed that and finished the game but...eugh.

For the story, watching it on YT then supplementing it with the Days cutscene theater is the best route.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Days' gameplay is plagued by a myriad of troubles

Lack of mission variety but an abundance of missions
The entire Panel mechanic
The way Keyblades function in-battle
Using Command Menu on a DS
The general floatiness of the characters
Poor enemy scaling
Terrible pacing

And if you wanted a game about the Organization? Well tough luck, because it's actually all about a brand new character, half the Org gets killed off-screen almost as soon as the game starts and the other half gets only a handful of scenes combined. Powerfully disappointing in that regard.

I really don't know who I could ever recommend Days to, especially now that it's available as a movie in 1.5 (though the pacing is still shot to hell). As a game, it just plain isn't good. It's a boring, tedious slog effectively stripped of all the fun that KH is usually known for. Sitting through the boring three hours of the movie is vastly preferable to playing through the boring 40-ish hours that is the game.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
lol the community is split in the middle on this one

personally i enjoyed the game very much but this was 2009, the missions are repetitive and the real hook is in the local-only multiplayer, which if you haven't got anyone to play with is useless. nearly every new enemy is a palette swap and the stealth is frustratingly bad but beyond all of its kinks is the story, introduction to the command panel system and the usual quality music. it might not be the best for kingdom hearts standards, but its a ds gem (not comparable to TWEWY tho).

wolfshadow

I'd say if you find it cheap, go ahead and just get it and play (and beat it) just for the sake of saying you've beaten it. The final boss is worth getting to. Just there are atleast two or three bosses (I believe they were) that gave me a good amount of trouble from not having the right equipment attached at the time. But eventually it's best just to keep pushing through and get to the end.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
The game itself is pretty awful, but I always find it hard to criticize things too harshly. I'll go out and say I actually enjoyed it and the dialogue could be fun. If you're a completionist: by all means, get it! But if you don't really care about playing it in the first place: don't get it.

But then again...whether you like it or not? You won't know until you've tried it.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Personally, I didn't like it much and would suggest saving yourself the pain (literally, the pain, this game gave me terrible hand cramps but I blame that more on the DS's design)

On this note: absolutely do not play this game (or coded) on the original DS if you have the option to play it on the 3DS. The DS was never as good at controlling 3D games as it pretended (Metroid Prime: Hunters was the worst), but the 3DS' circle pad helps at least a little.

Davidsawr

On this note: absolutely do not play this game (or coded) on the original DS if you have the option to play it on the 3DS. The DS was never as good at controlling 3D games as it pretended (Metroid Prime: Hunters was the worst), but the 3DS' circle pad helps at least a little.

lol prime hunters is easier to play on an emulator using a keyboard and mouse

Fortissimo

If you are into collecting the games and really enjoyed the cinematic story from 1.5 fm then yeah, go for it.
Days was my favorite game, I actually liked the game play and the command system, despite the awful graphics and the wonky camera. There is a lot of really nice, tasty tidbits that weren't animated in the fm version that made all the fighting worth it. And imo it's just not the same effect watching all the cut scenes on YouTube or reading the script as progressing through the game at a steady pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back