• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Should I tell them?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
Should I tell my friends I don't believe in god? I've told my really, really closest friends (except for one who's a devout catholic), but I'm worried if I tell them I might lose them as friends and if my teachers find out they will probably not like me as much as they currently do.

Last edited:

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Should I tell my friends I don't believe in god? I've told my really, really closest friends (except for one who's a devout catholic), but I'm worried if I tell them I might lose them as friends and if my teachers find out they will probably not like me as much as they currently do.

personally i believe in god but i dont have a aproblem with the fact that you dont
though if we personally knew each other, id constantly try to convince you He is real

tell them

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
At least you have a choice of telling anyone.

My teacher was asking what kind of church they go to.

I didn't stand up, so everyone found out about my not going to church....

That and I didn't know what type of Christian I am.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
You serious?

A person has the right to believe in what they want. Or, in this case, not believe.
How would not believing in God change anything? :v Your friends are not good ones if they dump you because of religious issues.

It's not a big deal, seriously.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Is it even necessary to tell them? I don't see why it would have to be any of their business.

Wonderglow

Anybody who would think any less of you for your religion doesn't have that important of an opinion anyways. I have a devout Catholic friend and we're really close. We didn't become friends for eachother's religion- and it shouldn't get in the way now.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
i also dont see a problem with people of d/f religions being friends

im muslim, ive got a friend who's a jew
not a big deal

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Well, all my friends certainly know I'm an athiest... But, then, they're all coincidentally athiests too, (or non-practicing Christians who still don't give a fuck) so I guess our situations are kind of different...

Still, though, if they try and, say, avoid you... Well, they're both not your friends, and complete nutjobs.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
KHInsider seems to be mainly atheist apparently. Makes me sad.

But yeah I dont really hate on anyone because of their belief/non belief.

i've noticed
i always thought the majority would be christian for some reason though

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
I LOVE ME SOME JESUS.....but strangely quite a few of my friends are atheists....but i dont care.....i dont try to beat them with a bible and they dont try to disprove my religious beliefs. Its all cool though...if they dont remain friends with you...maybe they werent really your friends after all....I remember a friend telling me he was atheist..and i was like ummm ok.....are you ready for metal gear solid 4....its not as bad as you think.

nicoleohbugga

You serious?

A person has the right to believe in what they want. Or, in this case, not believe.
How would not believing in God change anything? :v Your friends are not good ones if they dump you because of religious issues.

It's not a big deal, seriously.
I agree. Unless you were like a Satanist, then I wouldn't tell them... :p

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
^ it just was a thought i had
probably cuz theres alot of christians in my area

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
^ it just was a thought i had
probably cuz theres alot of christians in my area

Well that, and the fact that christianity is practically the largest religion in America.

You drive to work and see four different christian churchs... not a single other kind.

impart

Climb The Sky
tell them:)

if they like you less for it, then they're not worth your time
everyone should respect each others beliefs, or lack there of
so they should respect you for what you choose not to believe
just like you respect they're beliefs

if the dont accept that then they're not good friends anyways

Llamapox

Everyone seems to think that telling them is the best option. But say for instance you do tell them, and then they are the kind of people to just leave and not accept your beliefs. What then? Your friends have just left you. If you honestly believe they are the kind of people to not accept your beliefs, don't tell them, as it could ruin the relationships you have with all your friends.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Tell them. If they're real friends, they wouldn't care where your beliefs lie.

impart

Climb The Sky
Everyone seems to think that telling them is the best option. But say for instance you do tell them, and then they are the kind of people to just leave and not accept your beliefs. What then? Your friends have just left you. If you honestly believe they are the kind of people to not accept your beliefs, don't tell them, as it could ruin the relationships you have with all your friends.

yeah but at least you wont get dragged to church when you sleep over on saturdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back