• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Kairi Get A New Keyblade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
By that logic everyone should have a new Keyblade by now, lol. But I see what you are saying somewhat.
Well Sora, Xion, Roxas, and TAV seem to be the only ones who won't change their keyblades. I do want Aqua to use Master's Defender (doubtful after KH3). I actually don't like people changing their keyblades - especially Riku/Mickey. I loved Way To The Dawn and Braveheart is kind of bland to me and doesn't even feel like Riku. Braveheart should have been designed to be a "completed" form of Way To The Dawn that would signify that Riku has reached the dawn. My opinion on people's keyblades is that they should have kept their original one UNLESS there was a valid story reason -- like Aqua using Master's Defender and NOT like Riku/Mickey's one line "LOL we strolled into the depths of hell and forgot to power up our keyblades, which we can apparently do now".

So yeah, the only person I thought (pre-KH3) that should swap their base state keyblade was Kairi. She got hers handed to her so quickly, I assumed that she could get a brand new one just a quickly and no one would bat an eye. Kairi could have even gotten a brand new one at the start of KH3 and I wouldn't have even questioned it. They could have easily said "Kairi powered up her keyblade after completing training". Lea also needs a redesigned one because I REALLY don't like his design. I wish it was more like his chakram and able to switch between keyblade mode/chakram.

I can easily see Kairi using Destiny's Embrace in a full game where she's playable (DDD 2 or whatever the next game is) like Riku did in DDD, and then Kairi replacing it in KH4.
You know, History repeating itself, not unfitting for a KH game.
They could have shown Kairi going to the Realm of Darkness shore in KH3 and getting attacked. Destiny's Embrace could have been broken and Kairi would also get a Heartless Haircut, which would explain the new look when she talked to Axel. The scene could have happened a few minutes right after Riku got his haircut a la ReMIND.

Veevee

Awards
Well Sora, Xion, Roxas, and TAV seem to be the only ones who won't change their keyblades. I do want Aqua to use Master's Defender (doubtful after KH3). I actually don't like people changing their keyblades - especially Riku/Mickey. I loved Way To The Dawn and Braveheart is kind of bland to me and doesn't even feel like Riku. Braveheart should have been designed to be a "completed" form of Way To The Dawn that would signify that Riku has reached the dawn. My opinion on people's keyblades is that they should have kept their original one UNLESS there was a valid story reason -- like Aqua using Master's Defender and NOT like Riku/Mickey's one line "LOL we strolled into the depths of hell and forgot to power up our keyblades, which we can apparently do now".

So yeah, the only person I thought (pre-KH3) that should swap their base state keyblade was Kairi. She got hers handed to her so quickly, I assumed that she could get a brand new one just a quickly and no one would bat an eye. Kairi could have even gotten a brand new one at the start of KH3 and I wouldn't have even questioned it. They could have easily said "Kairi powered up her keyblade after completing training". Lea also needs a redesigned one because I REALLY don't like his design. I wish it was more like his chakram and able to switch between keyblade mode/chakram.

They could have shown Kairi going to the Realm of Darkness shore in KH3 and getting attacked. Destiny's Embrace could have been broken and Kairi would also get a Heartless Haircut, which would explain the new look when she talked to Axel. The scene could have happened a few minutes right after Riku got his haircut a la ReMIND.

This. I hated how easily Riku just changed his keyblade, a weapon that was always kinda connected with the strength of one's heart. We already have so many keyblade wielders and that you can just swap them for better ones makes them even more to throwaway weapons. And it was really stupid as hell that they could just retreat from the RoD, like just going back to your stupid base point, power up and go again - that basically destroyed the threat of the RoD in an instant. As much as I like Dark Aqua's design, everything concerning the RoD was handled terribly in KH3. The stupid clothes scene in 0.2 and the haircut stuff in KH3 really made nothing better.

Kairi could get a new keyblade because it would be a nice touch if it would change with her growth, it was so awkward she got hers just handed. Maybe she gets one in future installments, but probably not.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Now, now! It's not fair to compare any living being to the awesomeness that is manga Kairi. She is the MVP of that series lol. I can't wait for her return in the KH3 manga.

So Aqua's Keyblades are kinda girly too, minus the ones she shares with Terra and Ven? Hmm, interesting enough I don't think Xion has any girly Keyblades, but then again all her gears are hand-me-downs from Sora and Roxas lol.

By that logic everyone should have a new Keyblade by now, lol. But I see what you are saying somewhat.
Speaking of Xion, now that she has her own outfit, maybe she can change her keyblade too? Maybe she can use Two Become One?

Violet Pluto

Awards
This is a somewhat odd topic for me. On one hand I don't like Destiny's Embrace compared to the Kingdom Key, Braveheart. or Way to the Dawn because of how overdesigned it looks. On the other, I don't think it's bad, I just would rather something more plain for a default Keyblade, and even though it looks like they tried to smush everything they wanted Kairi's Keyblade to be into it's design its not like it didn't work for multiple years.

Personally Riku's Change to Braveheart seems to be a point they did to finish his arc, as Braveheart is a weapon Paladins use and is pretty much the official weapon of the Warrior of Light, while Way to the Dawn is a representation of him as a Dark Knight. I wish they could have done that in a better way, but I understand the meta point behind the change. I feel if Kairi gets a new Keyblade it would have to represent a change as well.

Also Let TAV have their upgraded Keyblades as defaults, they look cooler and represent Growth and why does LW have the better version if Terra didn't get it before- I'll stop here.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Speaking of Xion, now that she has her own outfit, maybe she can change her keyblade too? Maybe she can use Two Become One?
I doubt she'd use that. That seems like something Roxas would use since Oathkeeper and Oblivion are basically his now. If Xion was to get a new Keyblade it should represents her like ice cream or seashells. The cream-shell Keyblade can be hers.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I don't like character's gaining new Keyblades willy-nilly. Though I think her Keyblade is too much as her default, its problem for me lies in the colors. In that there's not enough of it. The vine's rather dead-looking beige color makes it a blur against the shaft and teeth, with making that and the hilt disconnected from each other. Having your eyes not really focusing on anything. It's trying to keep colors at a minimum so its not too busy, but in turn looks very incomplete.

Bringing this baby back.
DNutoam.png

Braveheart is a slap in the face of Riku's character development. Way to Dawn represented Riku's journey, his struggles and wanting to be better. Then it just snaps in half like a cracker and replaced like it was nothing. What is a Keyblade handed to him without earn supposed to represent? Don't say KH3's plot.

Last edited:

OrionGold

Awards
I don't like character's gaining new Keyblades willy-nilly. Though I think her Keyblade is too much as her default, its problem for me lies in the colors. In that there's not enough of it. The vine's rather dead-looking beige color makes it a blur against the shaft and teeth, with making that and the hilt disconnected from each other. Having your eyes not really focusing on anything. It's trying to keep colors at a minimum so its not too busy, but in turn looks very incomplete.

Bringing this baby back.
DNutoam.png

Braveheart is a slap in the face of Riku's character development. Way to Dawn represented Riku's journey, his struggles and wanting to be better. Then it just snaps in half like a cracker and replaced like it was nothing. What is a Keyblade handed to him without earn supposed to represent? Don't say KH3's plot.
Holy shit, that slight change in color makes the weapon look better.

Snowflake:3

Awards
Well, she shares most of her keychains with Terra and Ven, so those should not count, and even some of those look girly (specially Fairy Star and Pixie Petal). But her exclusive keychains are indeed girly, Master's Defender being a notable exception. Stormfall's design is amazing, though. Sober and simple but stylish.
Anyway, I'm glad Aqua can equip a sturdy and threatening keyblade like the Void Gear.
Storm fall doesn’t look girly to me, maybe rainfall and destiny embrace do, too bad aqua went back to rain fall her storm fall was really cool, same with terra and the end of the earth I had hoped he didn’t go back to earth shaker, I’m happy at least ventus didn’t change I like his unique looking keyblade

PStuder12321

I kinda like Kairi's Keyblade, I think it fits her well and is a perfect fit for her character. Though I wouldn't mind if she got a new updated one, I like the one she currently has.

I've always found Kairi's keyblade to be just a bit too gaudy, so I would love for her to get a new one. Maybe something that fits her KH3 outfit better, a sleeker more simplistic design.

Greenice

I feel like she shouldn't have a new one.
Xion and Roxas should.
Or better said, it makes zero sense for Roxas to still weild 2 keyblades plot wise (they literally forgot about it) and they'll have to choose between either oathkeeper or oblivion in my opinion and explain why he was still wielding both of them, but I'd honestly go for a new keyblades that represents both of them, would be unfair to choose between the two.
And Xion can't wield the Kingdom Key replica, she's her own person and she deserves something that represents herself rather than being a shadow of the past.

Kairi doesn't really need a new keyblade in my opinion, Destiny's Embrace is not the best keyblade, it's okay, but it represents Kairi perfectly.
They could improve it and use it as a base for an evolution (kinda like we see in Union X or how Mickey's new keyblade is a mix of his old keyblades), keeping the flowers, paopu and waves, but without making it overdesigned and use a different colour palette (and maybe with more regular teeth), but I would take it into consideration if they REALLY wanted to change it up.
Otherwise I'd let her keep Destiny's Embrace.

PStuder12321

I've always found Kairi's keyblade to be just a bit too gaudy, so I would love for her to get a new one. Maybe something that fits her KH3 outfit better, a sleeker more simplistic design.

I mean it could be toned down JUST A TAD. but I still think its really good for her and as Greenice says, theres really no need or reason for her to ahve a new keyblade, several others are in need of a keyblade long before Kairi.

Foxycian

Awards
Imo kairi doesn’t need to get a badass keyblade like aqua, I like each character having their own style, and kairi style is very feminine, I like ava’s keyblade design it looks Feminine but still looks Good, If kairi ends up getting another new keyblade that happens to be feminine as the one she holds then I guess I’m ok with that, not ok OK but ok as It will not bother me anymore, I got used to it and honestly it somewhat fits her, her only problem is being the damsel in distress, feminine+damsel = not my cup of tea

but time will tell hopefully we see kairi gets her time to shine soon.

Back