• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Kairi wear a different colour in KH4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kasukichips

I prefer her in her purple and white dress sense back in KH1, pink seems to OTT for me..
also anyone notice her skirt gets shorter and shorter, or is she just tall?

Y. Alex A. R.

Awards
I hope Kairi wears black trousers, a pink sleeveless hooded jacket that has a skirt part, a bright violet T-shirt under it in the same shade as her K.H.1 miniskirt & minishorts, an' her K.H.3 black shoes.
And no, I don't think Kairi's skirt has gotten shorter; nor is she tall. The problem is that Nomura or whoever designs the characters of K.H. won't let girls wear trousers. Which infuriates me coz all the guys in K.H. always get to wear trousers. It's a double standard.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I liked her 3 design when it was first released as clipart, but it did look really short in MoM... So creepy. I suppose it never seemed that way in 3 because she wasn't onscreen much or because the perspective of the shot was never looking upwards from the ground at her like several shots in the Final World in MoM? Idk.

As for pink v. purple, I like pink better, but when it's used sparingly like with her KH3 outfit. I think the character looks like a totally different person in all three of the main games. Kairi 2's face is way prettier than Kairi 1 or Kairi 3. And she looks like she aged backwards for 3.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm kind of use to her in Pink so I'd be fine if she kept it as her permanent colors. I just hope her next outfit is better than the one in KH3/MoM.

Y. Alex A. R.

Awards
I'm kind of use to her in Pink so I'd be fine if she kept it as her permanent colors. I just hope her next outfit is better than the one in KH3/MoM.
What??!! Kairi's outfit in K.H.3 & K.H.:MoM is her best outfit so far! (The black minishorts reeeeally needed to be trousers, though; I'll never stop whining 'bout that part.)
For me, Kairi's outfits go: K.H.3 after-getting-new-clothes & K.H.:ReMind & K.H.:MoM > K.H.1 & K.H.:CoM > K.H.:BbS & opening of K.H.:A Fragmentary Passage > K.H.2 & before-getting-new-outfit K.H.3; I liked them all, but this is my order of preference.
What's yours? An' since you dislike Kairi's newest outfit, what's your hope for her next one? I already mentioned mine earlier in this thread – pink sleeveless hooded jacket with a skirt part that reaches her knees & a white metallic zip fastener that has the grip part look similar to a thalassa seashell, a T-shirt under it in the same shade of bright violet as Kairi's minishorts an' miniskirt were in K.H.1 & K.H.:CoM, black trousers similar to Ven's an' K.H.3 Riku's, and her K.H.3 & K.H.:ReMind & K.H.:MoM black shoes.
What outfit do you wish she'll have in the next K.H. videogame?

Should I start a thread 'bout Kairi positivity, for people to say what they like 'bout her in canon?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Personally I'm also of the opinion that Kairi looked better in here mostly white and purple color scheme, but I doubt they'll ever revert her back to it. I've personally never been a fan of girl character = pink, though I guess now that we have multiple female characters in different colors, it's a bit less of an issue.
I'd like her to get some shorts or pants in her next outfit. Those seem more combat appropriate and could be used to bring back some purple to her color scheme, with a open pink jacket and white shirt or tank top that could make for a good outfit in my opinion.

Dark Rot

Awards
I do prefer her original palette of white and purple, with a just bit of black and yellow. It jived with her maroon hair better. But I do think her dress from KH2 was very cool and stylish.

Absolutely do not like the pink and black look from KH3, the doc martens and especially the haircut too. Didn't like it!! I don't like the tulip cut or the specific way it's asymmetrical. Like Elysium said, she seems younger than in 2. And her severely different voice actor, both in sound and performance, only contributes to that impression.

I do like the color pink, so I'd be fine with there being some pink in her next look, but I'd rather it not be her main thing. White and/or purple again or even a mostly-yellow (or green?!?) outfit would be nice on Kairi. I think a longer flowier dress would be good, or even overalls. Kairi with a big sun hat lol.

Soldier

Awards
I'm a bit torn on this, the KH 3 look is actually kind of adorable, especially the hoodie that she wears (it has little oni horns on it, I can imagine her just raising her arms to scare people). But KH 2's design is just so iconic. I'd be hard pressed to see her in anything else in KH 4 but the KH 3 model.

Soldier

Awards
Kairi should absolutely be in purple. I never liked her in pink.

It seems to have become her de-facto color, though. :\
Well Nomura isn't known for pushing beyond feminine stereotypes is he? Kairi being the damsel in distress in so many games and barely even given a spotlight. And the less I say about the other girls, the better.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well Nomura isn't known for pushing beyond feminine stereotypes is he? Kairi being the damsel in distress in so many games and barely even given a spotlight. And the less I say about the other girls, the better.

No, he isn't. He's created wonderful female characters in the past with vibrant personalities and story arcs that are not predicated on their femininity, but when he wants them to stick to a certain archetype, he definitely keeps them there :cautious:

Soldier

Awards
No, he isn't. He's created wonderful female characters in the past with vibrant personalities and story arcs that are not predicated on their femininity, but when he wants them to stick to a certain archetype, he definitely keeps them there :cautious:
That's right! and that's one of the reasons I despise him. So much more can be done with these characters, yet his slothful attitude toward it gets in the way.

Back