• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Roxas and Xion come back in Kingdom Hearts 3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khandbz

Yes i think they should help Sora in the jorney. Maybe they should let Sora decide if they come back. Im just saying they were in Dream Drop Distance..........:confused:

-Roxas-XIII-

Yeah, they're definitely both coming back. The only unknown is the matter of how prominent they will be in the story.

Personally I think they are both included in the "7 Lights", so the chances are that they will play a big role.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
It's pretty possible since Diz mentioned at the end of Kingdom Hearts 3D that hearts can be born/bloomed from almost anywhere even if you're a Nobody, a puppet, and such.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Not to say that they should or shouldn't, but there is a high possibility of them coming back, at least Roxas would. Sora said it himself that Roxas deserved to be his own person, and I really don't think he'd go back on his words.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Ansem specifically says "they can be saved" referring to the three people residing in Sora's heart. Roxas, Xion, and Ventus. There'd be no point in that if they weren't coming back.

ShinobiMuramasa

Since I see it as a given that they will all return, I'm more interested in how they handle Roxas and Ven coexisting. It would be strange for the characters and the player to have two characters that are identical to each other aside from their clothing/accessories. Perhaps Nomura will give Roxas a unique appearance to signify his rebirth or something along those lines.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Seeing as how their two of the ones in torment and that their torment is not being their own people (among other things) it would seem appropriate they'd return.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Since I see it as a given that they will all return, I'm more interested in how they handle Roxas and Ven coexisting. It would be strange for the characters and the player to have two characters that are identical to each other aside from their clothing/accessories. Perhaps Nomura will give Roxas a unique appearance to signify his rebirth or something along those lines.

Ah, this topic again, I'm certainly amused.
There are thousands of series and movies where identical characters run around that aren't really twins or otherwise related and creators seldom care, so why should they here?

It's funny to see people always pointing at Roxas and Ven, but have no problem with Riku and Riku Replica and/or Data-Riku.
They are easy enough to differentiate and since I doubt that they will jump around nude all the time, the difference in their clothing and accessoires should be sufficient.
Ven and Roxas have also different voices, as both Kouki Uchiyama and Jesse McCartney take great care to voice them differently.

But nonetheless I've to really thank you for bringing up that topic again because it made me look a bit closer at some pictures of both characters, and I actually noticed now that there is a physical difference between them:
vgo1.png

Here we have Roxas...he has brown eyebrows (like Sora's hair).
e1b9.png

And here's Ventus...he has blonde eyebrows, matching his own hair.

Seeing as how their two of the ones in torment and that their torment is not being their own people (among other things) it would seem appropriate they'd return.

Correct, and if not, the whole episode with Riku and Ansem the Wise talking at the end of DDD would be meaningless, as Ansem there especially speaks of "recreating people who we thought were lost to us forwever".
Not to mention that it has been already hinted since Blank Points in BBS. ;)

Terra, Aqua and Ven need to be saved from their current state of torment, but they do not need to be "recreated" because the parts making up their existences are all still there.
Roxas, Xion and Naminé however have only one of the three parts a full existence needs that is their own: Their newly grown hearts which hold their memories and sense of self.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If Roxas and Xion (and Namine for that matter) didn't come back, then Re:coded would lose most of its point. That game's whole point was to teach us that Sora had people connected to him who needed saving, but if he tried to save them without being ready for the pain it would cost him, he would probably die.

So, it's assumed that Roxas, Xion, and Namine will all find a way to become their own people. Aqua just needs to be brought back into the Realm of Light. Ven just needs to wake up, which should be easy enough once Sora finds Aqua. Terra is a whole different sack of potatoes though, so I'm not sure how or if he'll be coming back.

alxnort

Awards
Personally, if they come back that would be cool... but at the same time I don't see it being paramount to furthering the story. To me, the thought of Roxas, Namine, and Xion being brought back comes off more as fan serve and giving everyone a perfectly happy ending. With TAV there is a point to them for reappearing. Re:coded I don't consider to hold much meaning at all towards the series (I know some people are going to yell at me for that), but I suppose what you'r saying makes sense...
Oh, what do I know, I've been wrong before though...

Zven

I was gonna say "don't bring them back, they're gone" but reading your responses it does make sense. When it comes to fantasy stories like this one everything is possible.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I don't know what it is about me that would rather see Terra, Aqua, and Ven back as opposed to Xion and Roxas (give...me...my...Namine). But after some thought I wouldn't mind seeing them again, though I'd think a fitting end for them would be to live normal teenage lives in Twilight Town or something as opposed to TAV who would go on fighting the good fight. All in all, having them back wouldn't be so bad. I know I shouldn't be hyping for KH3 at the moment since its quite a bit away but damn I just can't stop hypin'

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Everything else aside, if Roxas and Xion can't be saved, Lea has no place in the story. His sole purpose in KH3 is to bring Roxas and (unbeknownst to him) Xion back-- and also to beat the crap out of Isa. Nomura wouldn't have bothered writing him back into the story and raising his level to Keyblade Wielder if not for the explicit purpose of giving him the power to do those things (Nomura himself has said that, a number of times).

As for whether it benefits the narrative...I mean, it is the narrative. KH3 is about Sora and friends saving the "ones in torment." That's the plot of the game. :p

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I personally really want them to come back, I feel the characters could still offer more to the story. I like the characters and it really fits the serie's themes, also let's not forget that the series has been setting up their return since at least BbS. If they don't come back lots of scenes from the other games would become meaningless.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Everything else aside, if Roxas and Xion can't be saved, Lea has no place in the story. His sole purpose in KH3 is to bring Roxas and (unbeknownst to him) Xion back-- and also to beat the crap out of Isa. Nomura wouldn't have bothered writing him back into the story and raising his level to Keyblade Wielder if not for the explicit purpose of giving him the power to do those things (Nomura himself has said that, a number of times).

As for whether it benefits the narrative...I mean, it is the narrative. KH3 is about Sora and friends saving the "ones in torment." That's the plot of the game. :p
why would he want to beat the crap out of isa? im sure he would want to save him from xehanort

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
why would he want to beat the crap out of isa? im sure he would want to save him from xehanort
I imagine in order to save Isa, Lea's going to end up having to fight and pwn him. It's a man thing.

Personally, though, I would prefer for Isa to remain a tragic villain (or maybe a Snape-esque hero). The series really needs to acknowledge that everyone can not be saved; I think Isa is the perfect character with which to explore that element. But that's not what this thread is about.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I imagine in order to save Isa, Lea's going to end up having to fight and pwn him. It's a man thing.

Personally, though, I would prefer for Isa to remain a tragic villain (or maybe a Snape-esque hero). The series really needs to acknowledge that everyone can not be saved; I think Isa is the perfect character with which to explore that element. But that's not what this thread is about.

I really like this idea and I agree it's somewhat important to show that it's not possible to save everyone and Isa seems like a good chance to show that.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
ROFL. Roxas will never leave the series. He's too much a fan favorite, and Nomura loves him.

But in all seriousness, Roxas and Xion have to come back. They've set it up now, so the plot will logically follow suit.

And honestly... if we lost Roxas and Xion (or any of the other heroes), we'd lose way too many developed characters to the story, and the fans would be ticked that all of this setup led to nothing.

And as for Xion, honestly, as much as I love Xion (she's my second fav KH character, and my favorite girl in the series), it would just be stupid if they only created her for Days, and never did anything with her again. Her character would be entirely pointless that way, and I don't see them doing that at all. The multiverse is going to need all of the heroes it can get soon, and KH needs good girl characters, after all=)

Characters I hope won't come back, though, are definitely anyone from Organization XIII and the Riku Replica. As alexis.anagram said above, we need to see in KH that not everyone can be saved. The same goes for turning people good, too. (I swear if they try to redeem Xehanort or Vanitas after everything that's happened, I'll quit the series), but these are just my two-cents:)

Also, somewhat off topic: this is going to be the first main KH game, where Sora isn't looking for Riku and/or Kairi. Hallelujah and praise the Lord. Not that I disliked that in any regard (I love it, actually!), but it's nice it's about saving TVA and RXN (and possibly even AtW and ME) this time. It keeps the same awesome KH formula, but changes it up just enough, so it doesn't feel like a complete rehash. And it's nice that hopefully SRK might get to see each other more in this game, when usually they're separated. Yeah...

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
If this shit happens, I want it to happen in the last act. I really don't think the overall story would benefit with Roxas, Xion and Ventus following Sora around from world to world. Too many characters on screen, too much dialogue. And I'm the only living person on this planet who doesn't want a giant 7 man party in KH3, but hey, people love the characters or whatever.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
If this shit happens, I want it to happen in the last act. I really don't think the overall story would benefit with Roxas, Xion and Ventus following Sora around from world to world. Too many characters on screen, too much dialogue. And I'm the only living person on this planet who doesn't want a giant 7 man party in KH3, but hey, people love the characters or whatever.

I think even if the were saved in the middle of the story it's really unlikely they'll tag along, I think we wont get a huge party until the end of the game when all comes together for the final showdown. Also I doubt that Roxas and Xion would just tag along they'd probably be sent to Yen-Sid and do have to get used to their new bodies or something before they could join in on the fight. They also first need to gain their own keyblades seeing up until now they were sharing Sora's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back