• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should the Kingdom hearts series ended awhile back?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should the kingdom hearts series have ended?

• Should have ended at KH1

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Should have ended at KH2

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Should have ended at other game (COM,bbs,ect)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Hell No, Keep it going!!

Votes: 35 79.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingroxas

Awards
Anyone else think that the kingdom hearts Series should have ended awhile back and well...not have the story be so complex? Don't get me wrong I have every single kingdom hearts that's out and I buy every single kingdom hearts that comes out but I believe that Kingdom hearts just should have ended at Kh1 or Kh2.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
No. For one, the story is amazing, I love it. And also it would have been weird to stop at KH2 if there was a secret ending already done... though, if there wasn't the secret ending I'm still glad it continued. :3
I can't imagine the series without Xehanort and TAV now...

Sorarocks93

Awards
Nope, I'm glad it continued. The story is the most amazing story from all the games I have played and this franchise will allways remain number 1 in my heart.

Kingroxas

Awards
Wow...apparently more people like the new way kingdom hearts is rather than the old way it use to be (Aka not complex as all hell). (*que angry fangirl/fanboy*) *tear drops* Im just gonna go sit in a corner for awhile and play my kh1 and probably sell every other game past kh2 on ebay...

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
Well, not everyone. There are a lot of people who complain that the story has gotten very complex, but it hasn't really... well, I don't think it has. xD

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I like complex stories. xD Maybe that's just me though... :p Kingdom Hearts' story has always been fine to me, from when I first played KH1 to now.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm also one of those who likes the expansion of the story (and the Universe of KH in general), especially since Birth by Sleep.
The story itself also isn't that difficult if one pays close attention. Of course it isn't straightforward easy, but that (at least in my book) would also be boring.

Like Showdown said though, the entire fanbase is pretty split on the topic if it has gotten unneccessary complex or not.

Im just gonna go sit in a corner for awhile and play my kh1 and probably sell every other game past kh2 on ebay...

Y'know, for those who really can't stand the storyline this is even a good alternative, keep KH 1 and ignore the rest.
I wonder why so few of those unsatisfied with the story do that, it would probably lead to way less (or even more?) trouble within debates in the fandom, lol.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I think it could have ended at two honestly. At that point almost everything that really needed to be wrapped had been wrapped up while the other things could have been left up to the imagination or explained in interviews.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Rafiki himself pretty much stated that the story would never end. So there you have it.

sonickenshin

Awards
Y'know, for those who really can't stand the storyline this is even a good alternative, keep KH 1 and ignore the rest.
I wonder why so few of those unsatisfied with the story do that, it would probably lead to way less (or even more?) trouble within debates in the fandom, lol.
I can't speak for everyone here, but I don't care for the story and I still play the games. It's become incredibly stupid after Chain of Memories, and not to mention all over the place. Whatever I used to love about the story was smashed with all the new twists and turns they add with each passing game. I still follow it, because it is, in fact, a fun game series, and I think it's one of the better button mashing games out there. As much as I love a good story, I play video games to have fun and waste time first and foremost -because they're in fact...video games. And, despite my feelings with the story, I'm kind of a loyalist. I start what I finish. And there is some cool stuff here and there, even in the newer games.

As for when it should end...when they run out of Disney films. XD

Shinjuku

Entrapment
At the way KH has gone since the original should have ended at the first game although I loved COM and BBS or what not.

The problem with the story isn't that it's complex it just feels thrown together and not well thought out. You'll see me from time to time mention how Nomura pretty much is pulling shit out of his ass with these games after KH1 with the exception of some.

The worse mistake made with the series was to continue it past KH2 and when it was mentioned that Sora would always be the hero. That's why after KH3 I know I'm jumping ship because I've found better games whom stories far exceed anything KH has to offer.

Karn1254

What I don't think a lot of people understand is that as the PLOT of the games have gotten more complex, the CHARACTERS have grown increasingly obscured and not-so-great in many ways.

I actually do appreciate some of the spin-offs, though there are too many: COM has the coolest Arc for Sora bar none, which is probably why that same plot line is now simply being re-used over and over again (I mean this issue of "do I deserve to be a keyblade master? Does anything about me NEED to be real?" When Sora actually doubts himself, that's the good shiz). I actually think 358/2 days is severely underrated, as Roxas' struggle, though he is a little whiney, is far more compelling than many of the other characters in the series, and the emotion that the game managed to evoke for Xion, and simply the really interesting (and not overly complicated) premise for her character, is amazing. I did like the struggle of the characters in BBS (though I wish Terra would never speak in english again), but I don't see the need to make everyone everybody else, that's unfortunately been set in stone for a long time though probably.

I hope in KH3 the series doesn't continue to go the route of Dream Drop Distance, as, for me, DDD was the worst in the series in terms of story: Sora AND Riku (despite it really being his game) didn't have anything new (how many freaking times will I have to fight Ansem before Riku masters the darkness for goodness sake), and don't even get me started on the plot: time travel? What a terrible decision.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
What I don't think a lot of people understand is that as the PLOT of the games have gotten more complex, the CHARACTERS have grown increasingly obscured and not-so-great in many ways.

I actually do appreciate some of the spin-offs, though there are too many: COM has the coolest Arc for Sora bar none, which is probably why that same plot line is now simply being re-used over and over again (I mean this issue of "do I deserve to be a keyblade master? Does anything about me NEED to be real?" When Sora actually doubts himself, that's the good shiz). I actually think 358/2 days is severely underrated, as Roxas' struggle, though he is a little whiney, is far more compelling than many of the other characters in the series, and the emotion that the game managed to evoke for Xion, and simply the really interesting (and not overly complicated) premise for her character, is amazing. I did like the struggle of the characters in BBS (though I wish Terra would never speak in english again), but I don't see the need to make everyone everybody else, that's unfortunately been set in stone for a long time though probably.

I hope in KH3 the series doesn't continue to go the route of Dream Drop Distance, as, for me, DDD was the worst in the series in terms of story: Sora AND Riku (despite it really being his game) didn't have anything new (how many freaking times will I have to fight Ansem before Riku masters the darkness for goodness sake), and don't even get me started on the plot: time travel? What a terrible decision.

There is also that the characters themselves have become lackluster. Like honestly Kiari is fodder right now why is she even in the game after KH1 I can sort of understand KH2 and COM, but after those there is not point.

Plus the main thing that's going to mess up KH going forward everyone and they mama getting a keyblade. How do you feel if everyone in DC comics was a Superman? Most would say that's boring and just like with this it's going to hit a wall at some point.

theirlosthearts

Awards
Kingdom Hearts must never end. Ever. Never ever. While I agree that Kingdom Hearts has become so complex that it is nigh impossible to explain it to the uninitiated, I love it so much that I just can't say no, no matter what. KINGDOM HEARTS FOREVER!!!

Plus the main thing that's going to mess up KH going forward everyone and they mama getting a keyblade. How do you feel if everyone in DC comics was a Superman? Most would say that's boring and just like with this it's going to hit a wall at some point.

I think that's kinda true. I remember when I began in BbS to grasp how many keyblade wielders there were at one time and it changed how I felt about KH. I think that's part of the reason I find it hardest to love BbS. I have faith that they can pull off that KH magic somehow, but I have no idea how.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
A lot of people would've liked that, but I like it where it's at. It would've retained some dignity, but they would've had to have done KH3 much earlier.

Kevin Perez

I think it could have ended at two honestly. At that point almost everything that really needed to be wrapped had been wrapped up while the other things could have been left up to the imagination or explained in interviews.
You know something, I'm inclined to agree. There was truly something about Kingdom Hearts II that just said "Fin" (The End) in regards to Sora's story. I would've liked if the only "side games" that existed where just CoM and BBS. Shame that Square Enix couldn't have released KHII Final Mix+ from the get of that would've saved the game from a lot backlash and confusion.

Karn1254

There is also that the characters themselves have become lackluster. Like honestly Kiari is fodder right now why is she even in the game after KH1 I can sort of understand KH2 and COM, but after those there is not point.

I agree. On the note of Kairi, female characters in Kingdom Hearts are kinda problematic, it's not like Aqua and Xion aren't great... they're just so outnumbered by princesses who need saving. Maybe if Kairi is playable in KH3 she'll get better...

I just realized there is an editorial on the front page about this very issue, the one about "How I Fell in Love with Kingdom Hearts". It's really sad, but I basically feel the same way, that the magic is fading from the series.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I agree. On the note of Kairi, female characters in Kingdom Hearts are kinda problematic, it's not like Aqua and Xion aren't great... they're just so outnumbered by princesses who need saving. Maybe if Kairi is playable in KH3 she'll get better...

I just realized there is an editorial on the front page about this very issue, the one about "How I Fell in Love with Kingdom Hearts". It's really sad, but I basically feel the same way, that the magic is fading from the series.

You know looking at this poll again I feel as though people don't play enough quality games, or just enough games period. Maybe that's just me going overboard, but the reality is no KH game has ever captured the first one's magic. Some have gotten close COM and BBS far as I know, but none have gotten it.

Then again they probably won't with the way they've handled the villains in these games what are we on now like the fourth kind lol?

Kevin Perez

You know looking at this poll again I feel as though people don't play enough quality games, or just enough games period. Maybe that's just me going overboard, but the reality is no KH game has ever captured the first one's magic. Some have gotten close COM and BBS far as I know, but none have gotten it.

Then again they probably won't with the way they've handled the villains in these games what are we on now like the fourth kind lol?
All the the crappy issues with Kingdom Hearts II in regards to story, I actually enjoyed that game more so than the original (but then again, the Disney elements have much more value to me). I don't see how you can speak for people in regards to whether the "magic" was lost or not. The original Kingdom Hearts had its own fair share of problems (some which are still prevalent in the series) and I find interesting how it's become the only installment to be left unscathed from criticism.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
All the the crappy issues with Kingdom Hearts II in regards to story, I actually enjoyed that game more so than the original (but then again, the Disney elements have much more value to me). I don't see how you can speak for people in regards to whether the "magic" was lost or not. The original Kingdom Hearts had its own fair share of problems (some which are still prevalent in the series) and I find interesting how it's become the only installment to be left unscathed from criticism.

I'm not actually speaking for anyone that was only my opinion.

Want to know why KH1 barely receives criticism because it did everything right for the most part. I think the only thing people don't like the most about KH1 is the camera(understandable) possibly the final boss fight(easy). People have their criticisms about the worlds in KH1 as well like Monstro, Atlantica, Wonderland, and Deep Jungle only thing is comparing those too the one's in KH I think people would rather have them for the simple fact more exploring to do. Plus they all felt alive in their own little way.

Plus going out on a limb to do what KH1 did at it's time bringing together Disney and FF everyone was saying it was going to fail hell even I said it was going to fail, but then brought the game one of the best I ever played.

Heck I remember when people were saying KH needs to be more mature/dark we already had that with KH1 and COM cause honestly the rest of them felt like they tried to hard to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back