• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should there be a TWEWY rhythm game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should there be a TWEWY rhythm game?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Zackarix

Awards
Both TWEWY and NEO have soundtracks full of rockin' tunes. Should there be an entire game based around them?

Zackarix

Awards
Square Enix recently filed new Theatrhythm trademarks, which implies that they're planning more games in the series. The fact that they're trademarking the word "Theatrhythm" alone also suggests that they're planning on expanding the brand beyond Final Fantasy music, something they've already begun exploring with the Dragon Quest game and some bonus tracks in Curtain Call and All-Star Carnival.

If they do manage to successfully establish Theatrhythm as a brand in its own right that might open doors to games that wouldn't sell otherwise. Customers may not buy a TWEWY rhythm game, but they might buy a new Theatrhythm game because they're a fan of the gameplay even if they're unfamiliar with the music.

But maybe I'm just getting ahead of myself because this prediction requires multiple assumptions.

92stars

Awards
I would definitely play it, but my only fear is that most people wouldn't, as Neo already underperformed. However, in a perfect world, where Square Enix could make whatever they wanted without fear of going bankrupt, I think a TWEWY rhythm game is a phenomenal idea, cause it really does have the best soundtrack.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
I don't like rhythm games. KH MOM is the only KH console game I didn't bother to play, but most importantly TWEWY franchise needs game that sell in order to reach more people and thus become more popular. A rhythm game isn't the answer to that, so no.

92stars

Awards
Very valid point. while I would love it, it would be bad for the franchise. Also, you weren't missing out by not playing MOM, and I'm afraid another Square Enix rhythm game would be just as bad.

Zackarix

Awards
Why would a TWEWY rhythm game be bad for the franchise? If anything one existing would be a good thing because it would be an indication that SE considers the series to be success enough to support one in the first place. As it stands TWEWY being a niche game is why we probably won't get one.

Rhythm games aren't for everyone, but they clearly have an audience or no one would make them. It's just an audience that doesn't completely overlap with ARPG fans (much like any two genres.)

It's fine not to be interested in rhythm games, but don't come to that conclusion based solely off stuff like KH2 Atlantica and Ice Cream Beat. Prior to the release of Melody of Memory I thought I hated rhythm games and now I've platinumed four. Once I got the chance to play a rhythm game made by people who actually knew what they doing I realized that they can be as fun as any other genre, so I can safely say that I would have missed out if I had decided to skip MoM.

92stars

Awards
I never said I didn't like rhythm games: on the contrary, it's one of my favorite genres. MoM, though, was a bit of a disappointment, because of the repetitive gameplay and lackluster online mode.

edit: I love Ice cream beat (how did that autocorrect to blast lol)

Last edited:

Zackarix

Awards
edit: I love Ice cream blast
You're a psychopath.

The "don't judge rhythm games by KH2 Atlantica and Ice Cream Beat" comment was aimed at general audiences, not you specifically. I'll admit to not being super knowledgeable about rhythm games as a genre, but the other ones I played had even less variation in gameplay. And while I think that MoM would have benefitted from more boss battles and memory dives one of the reasons I was able to warm up to it is because the gameplay remains the same all the way through. If the game had constantly been throwing new gimmicks at me for the sake of variety I would have grown frustrated and given up.

Ironically, at one point in its development TWEWY was planned to be a rhythm game called Emotion Edge:
If they ever did make a TWEWY rhythm game they could borrow from some of the old concepts.

92stars

Awards
You're a psychopath.

The "don't judge rhythm games by KH2 Atlantica and Ice Cream Beat" comment was aimed at general audiences, not you specifically. I'll admit to not being super knowledgeable about rhythm games as a genre, but the other ones I played had even less variation in gameplay. And while I think that MoM would have benefitted from more boss battles and memory dives one of the reasons I was able to warm up to it is because the gameplay remains the same all the way through. If the game had constantly been throwing new gimmicks at me for the sake of variety I would have grown frustrated and given up.

Ironically, at one point in its development TWEWY was planned to be a rhythm game called Emotion Edge:
If they ever did make a TWEWY rhythm game they could borrow from some of the old concepts.
fair enough

and yes i am a psychopath

D

Deleted member 263385

It could work on paper but ideally i don't want the series milked.

Back