• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Ventus or kairi get a stand-alone full Game...?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should they get their own Game?

• Yes they should!

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Yea but Maybe just one of them?

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Sure, as long It Has multiple playable characters like bbs and 3D

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Nah...

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I don't think you can dismiss all Aqua fans as crazy or only caring for their "waifu". There's obviously a reason that Aqua got her own game over other characters at that time (Kairi included).

It doesn't really matter to me if Sora/Roxas/Ven have the same face models or whatever. A lot of people believe that Nomura is going to be trimming the fat for Phase 2, and Ven is secure due to his ancient past retcon. I will be upset if Ven is kept on, while Roxas (and Xion) are written off as I think they are way more developed and deserving of more stories than Ven. Due to Roxas/Ven looking exactly the same, I don't think Nomura would want to keep those two around due to confusion... and there's no excuses of being asleep in Castle Oblivion or being trapped inside Sora to keep them apart.
I've been reading all these post and I agree with a lot of what you said. I hate this mentality that if you are not connected to the ancient past/KHUX you don't have a role in the future Kingdom Hearts games and be retired. This is mainly directed at Roxas's group to write them off, yet people seem to think Terra and Aqua are secure just because of their association with Ventus. Sora, Riku, and Kairi don't even have current ties to KHUX, yet nobody will say they aren't welcome in a future KH game...well maybe some might say that for Kairi. But KHUX should not determine who stays and who goes.

Edit: I also agree, that if you don't use Roxas, Xion, or any of the characters you brought back then what was the point in bringing them back? Roxas and Xion served a purpose when they were dead. Bringing them back undermines their story if they are retired right after bringing them back. Especially not even addressing their current mindset which KH3 did not do. So if they end up retired then they should have stayed gone.

Last edited:

Foxycian

Awards
I feel like that was the point of Ventus, since Roxas disappeared/died he wanted Roxas to come back in the form of Ventus (tho Nomura did say he wanted to creat a character that is connected to Sora and that character is Ventus so guess it’s not entirely about Roxas but Sora as well) cause of the character popularity, but because Roxas is soo popular and his fans wanted him back Nomura just had to bring him back for the fans, it certainly will be a waste for Roxas Xion and Namine to return only for fan service and not be of any relevance, but I’m pretty sure the whole Gang of RAXI and twilight will play a role in the new story since Axel and isa are involved with subject X.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I've been reading all these post and I agree with a lot of what you said. I hate this mentality that if you are not connected to the ancient past/KHUX you don't have a role in the future Kingdom Hearts games and be retired. This is mainly directed at Roxas's group to write them off, yet people seem to think Terra and Aqua are secure just because of their association with Ventus. Sora, Riku, and Kairi don't even have current ties to KHUX, yet nobody will say they aren't welcome in a future KH game...well maybe some might say that for Kairi. But KHUX should not determine who stays and who goes.

Edit: I also agree, that if you don't use Roxas, Xion, or any of the characters you brought back then what was the point in bringing them back? Roxas and Xion served a purpose when they were dead. Bringing them back undermines their story if they are retired right after bringing them back. Especially not even addressing their current mindset which KH3 did not do. So if they end up retired then they should have stayed gone.
Well from RAX, it seems that Axel is the safe one since he's connected to Saix who is connected to Girl X. After the events of KH3, it seems as if Nomura is trying to transition Axel into a new trio (Saix and Girl X) rather than RAX, which also makes me worried for Roxas and Xion's future.

I'm pretty sure that Sora, Kairi, and Riku are safe for the Foretellers Saga, but even people like Aqua I'm not sure about.

I think KHUX messed up some characters (like Ven). I'm not saying I hate the idea of the ancient past coming into play, it's just that I don't want everyone to have SURPRISE connection to the past. Xigbar/Luxu was the best use of the ancient past connection, Elrena/Lauriam/Maleficent were also good uses. But with so many characters going to the past, it's going to stop being effective and just seem like overkill (a la Ven).

I know the post sounds negative, but I am hopeful to see what comes next in the series for all the characters. I am wary, but excited. This will be the first time in a KH game that: 1) we know all the characters and are aware of their existence and 2) the current cast is not trapped, hidden away, or forgotten. So now we have to see how Nomura uses them all. He had excuses before (probably did that on purpose because he didn't know what to do with everyone), but now they're all here. Is he going to Final Fantasy some of them?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Well from RAX, it seems that Axel is the safe one since he's connected to Saix who is connected to Girl X. After the events of KH3, it seems as if Nomura is trying to transition Axel into a new trio (Saix and Girl X) rather than RAX, which also makes me worried for Roxas and Xion's future.

I'm pretty sure that Sora, Kairi, and Riku are safe for the Foretellers Saga, but even people like Aqua I'm not sure about.

I think KHUX messed up some characters (like Ven). I'm not saying I hate the idea of the ancient past coming into play, it's just that I don't want everyone to have SURPRISE connection to the past. Xigbar/Luxu was the best use of the ancient past connection, Elrena/Lauriam/Maleficent were also good uses. But with so many characters going to the past, it's going to stop being effective and just seem like overkill (a la Ven).

I know the post sounds negative, but I am hopeful to see what comes next in the series for all the characters. I am wary, but excited. This will be the first time in a KH game that: 1) we know all the characters and are aware of their existence and 2) the current cast is not trapped, hidden away, or forgotten. So now we have to see how Nomura uses them all. He had excuses before (probably did that on purpose because he didn't know what to do with everyone), but now they're all here. Is he going to Final Fantasy some of them?
I'm fine if they want to make Lea, Isa, and Subject X a new trio. Truth be told I haven't enjoyed Lea since his COM/KH2/Days time as Axel ended, and he was the character that disappointed me the most in KH3. If Subject X stays in present time they might just stick her with the Twilights since RAX isn't a trio anymore. They are now the Twilight Town gang, and their ranks are swelling. Soon they'll have enough members for their own organization, one that worships ice cream.

As for the Union X stuff, I wanna say more about using previous established characters in the ancient times, because I have thoughts on that both positive and negative. However I feel that it deserves a thread of it's own to fully go into it as it would be massively off-topic.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
On the subject of Kairi getting another game I‘m kind of want her too get another game but at the same time I don’t. I’m not actually a fan of Kairi but I don’t exactly hate her either I think she is a character that could have a lot of potential if handled correctly by Nomura and if she was I could see her being a character I would actually like. I loved Melody of Memory as a game it was a lot of fun but in terms of Kairi role and character development they completely failed in my opinion and once again she was denied the chance to have a active role in the series and honestly I see her training with Aqua as something Nomura planned so he doesn’t have to write or bother with the character while trying to make fans believe she will be important in the future. Honestly if Nomura can make another Kairi game that does her character justice and develop the plot at the same time then he should make it however if it’s just going to be a repeat of last time then he shouldn’t make the game.

A Ventus game would be good as it would be a interesting way to develop the plot further while Sora and Riku are busy in Quadratum. Since Ventus could be used to show what’s happening in Sora world as he could be travelling around different worlds looking for clues that would help him recall his past or something like that. It could also be used to further the plot of Union X as Ventus could have encounters with the foretellers who would essentially have a similar role to what the Organization had in the Disney worlds in KH2/KH3 where they would randomly appear or try to cause trouble in the world. Then Ventus could have interactions with the other plot important character like meeting up with Lea and Isa on their search for Subject X who is most likely Skuld or they could have a scene where Ventus encounters Lauriam and Elrena which could possibly end up as a boss battle depending on how much Lauriam remembers and how much he is willing to forgive Ven since he was controlled by Darkness at the time and wouldn’t of killed Strelitzia if he was in control.

Back