• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should time travel be used in Kingdom Hearts 3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khandbz

I think personally no time travel. Dream drop diastance confused me enough no more friggin time travel especially if its like sora going back to the bbs to change things. Just no time travel noooo.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Should time travel be used in kingdom hearts 3?

The question isn't if it "should" be used as we already know that it WILL be used in any case.
Young Xehanort and any other of the thirteen seekers who is a time displaced person (i.e. Ansem SoD and Xemnas) will have to use time travel again when it is time to gather the thirteen again.

So the question isn't if time travel should be used but rather to what extent time travel should be involved.
And to that I'll say the less time travel comes into play the better.
Ideally it would be used for nothing else but to gather the seekers and otherwise have no real impact.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I think time travel should only be used for having Young Xehanort and KHI Riku around. Ansem and Xemnas can just have their hearts put in replica bodies or something. No need for them to be time traveled in.

Last edited:

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com

yeah I don't even remotely want time travel in KH3, if all of dream drop distance turned out to just be Roxas having a weird dream at the start of KH2 somehow I wouldn't mind at all. (That's obviously impossible but yknow)

Zebedy

Awards
The sense that I got from KH3D was that time-travel was just used as a reason to get everything into the present for the final stage. Like, it was used as an explanation for the vessels, and not as a mechanic that would be used extensively narrative wise (no one is going back in time to alter events, for example). Like, I don't think major narrative elements, aside from the existence of the vessels, are going to hinge on time travel. But you never know.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
While I'm not big time travel myself, it's surprisingly not very complicated in KH. It was specifically said that the past couldn't be changed for instance.

The sense that I got from KH3D was that time-travel was just used as a reason to get everything into the present for the final stage. Like, it was used as an explanation for the vessels, and not as a mechanic that would be used extensively narrative wise (no one is going back in time to alter events, for example). Like, I don't think major narrative elements, aside from the existence of the vessels, are going to hinge on time travel. But you never know.

This is how I feel about it as well. I don't think time travel will so much be a major plot point than a relevant plot device to bring about major plot points.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Not to be a broken record but I also think it should be and actually will be kept only the extent that it's an excuse to bring back Ansem, Xemnas, Young Xehanort and whoever else just to fill and set up the 13 vs 7 scenario.

It's also a convenient way for Nomura both save characters like Terra or Isa while at the same time keeping them on Xehanort side.
Thanks to time travel it doesn't matter how many are saved because he can just pull them from a point in time when they was still his slave.

Meaning we'll likely see things like present rescued Terra vs still possessed Terra from before he was saved.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
As much as I'm not too big a fan of time travel as well since, I admit, its very existence seems a little bit too out-of-place to me, now that it has been introduced in DDD and is a crucial, very important piece of plot device that drives the story forward. Without time travel in KH3, Young Xehanort would be a one-time character (because he's a known time traveller) and become almost completely pointless.

If the question were "Should time travel be used in the next saga?" then sure, I would say with conviction that it shouldn't. But to answer the true question, not only that it should be used in KH3, it must be used. There's no going back on it now.

TheXVthMember

Number one, I was disappointed to see time travel introduced in KH. To me, it's a poor plot device (at least most of the time). But I think it can still work out as long as it is only used to gather the thirteen. Nothing else, really. Like I don't want Sora going back in time and stopping Xehanort from messing with anything. That would be a cheap way to end the saga. Plus, even if Nomura wanted to do that, he couldn't because of the time traveling rules that were explained in DDD, mainly that to travel through time, you must have a version of your self at the (literal) time of arrival. So Sora couldn't really go back in time to the Keyblade Graveyard, because he wasn't there. Nor could he really save Ven, Terra, Aqua, or even Eraqus (who I hope we see a young version of in a flashback by the way). I think it may be cool for Xehanort to through Sora back in time for some kind of boss battle, but only for a battle, and no "game changers" or anything.

NeoshadowXC

SHOULD time travel be used in KHIII? No. Will it? Definitely. How else is he going to bring back Xemnas and Ansem, already both confirmed to be in his gang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back