• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Should Vanitas come back in KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

should he come back yes or no?

• hells yeah

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • or no leave him in Birth By Sleep

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

khandbz

I think Vanitas is coming back because of DDD thats just me but I still want your thoughts:confused:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Re: Should Vanitas come back in Kh3?

I think it's safe to assume that vanitas will be making a return in KH3. They wouldn't have shown him in DDD if they didn't plan on using him in KH3.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

I think it's safe to assume that vanitas will be making a return in KH3. They wouldn't have shown him in DDD if they didn't plan on using him in KH3.

^
Yup, it would seem kind of redundant not to. They've been building him up to be at least somewhat important.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I actually kind of hope not. It would be easy enough to bring him back, I guess, but it feels like everything Ven did was for nothing if Vanitas comes back. Still, it could honestly go either way. He seems like a really obvious choice for one of the XIII darknesses.

(Vanitas showing up in DDD, though, only confirmed that Ventus was inside of him and projecting that image as a reminder. It doesn't mean he was actually there.)

KHRULER

Awards

Was thinking he would be a seeker of darkness.I think he will make a return in KH3

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I actually kind of hope not. It would be easy enough to bring him back, I guess, but it feels like everything Ven did was for nothing if Vanitas comes back. Still, it could honestly go either way. He seems like a really obvious choice for one of the XIII darknesses.

Sadly, the introduction of time travel has actually forced us to accept this done-for-nothing feeling, especially with Ansem SoD and Xemnas now "alive and kicking" yet again.

There's quite likely a chance that Vanitas is to make an appearance in KH3. While we don't know what happened to him after that final battle with Ventus—it could be that he disappeared for good, but it could also be that his heart simply retreated somewhere—Nomura could always play that time-travel card to justify Vanitas' appearance, stating that he was plucked out of his time during BbS to serve as one of the thirteen darknesses in DDD and KH3.

Gram

Banned
Awards

This ^
As Solosis stated thanks to time travel anyone can comeback, even with kh's constricted form of time travel. Though thankfully to that very same time travel they are limited to it's use.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

Vanitas is an integral part of Ven's story; so long as Ven is relevant to the series, Vanitas will at least have some decent potential to be relevant, himself. That's not even taking into account the speculation of him being a SoD, so it's safe to assume he'll be returning in KH3.

Shasta

Awards

I'd rather him not appear in KHIII, it's not like we have far too many characters...

I feel that if Vanitas was brought back, it would basically ruin his purpose as a character. Vanitas was created so that he could become the X-blade alongside Ven, though at the time the boy was weak, and basically dead after the extraction. If Vanitas returned then...wouldn't that make his character just..idk useless? I mean, the X-blade could still be created but he's basically useless at this point, only to become a vessel if that's MX's plan.

13Rox

They bring Ventus back (which they will) so yeah, bring back the bad obi

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

I mean, the X-blade could still be created but he's basically useless at this point, only to become a vessel if that's MX's plan.

You could actually say the same for every other vessel.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

It's short and simple, but it's the truth. At this point, all the vessels are doomed, serving as tools for Xehanort to achieve his ends. Perhaps Xigbar and Saix have slightly more depth given their histories in the past, but ultimately they are just that: pawns.

It's not like Xehanort cares what their stories are as long as they can be used for his nefarious ambitions.

Gram

Banned
Awards

It's short and simple, but it's the truth. At this point, all the vessels are doomed, serving as tools for Xehanort to achieve his ends. Perhaps Xigbar and Saix have slightly more depth given their histories in the past, but ultimately they are just that: pawns.

It's not like Xehanort cares what their stories are as long as they can be used for his nefarious ambitions.

^ This.

DDD and it's time trolling done doomed all vessels to this state. The only ones that might be able to get passed this is Braig and Isa as solosis pointed out.

With their nobodies and heartless gone they should be human meaning they haven't been yoinked out of time.

Nomura done hinted that not all of them are traveling time:
—Were the 13 Seekers of Darkness, who were meant to be in different times, gathered by transcending time with magic?

Nomura: Just as it says in the story, to transcend time one must ‘first’ discard their form. As a result of the actions of the Brown Robed Figure, they all were in a state where they had gained the power to transcend time. The Brown Robed Figure explains the facts. The thirteen were summoned at the same time, this time thanks to Young Xehanort who borrowed that power. However, apart from Young Xehanort, that does not mean that all the members transcended time.

There's also this hint about them being human:

— Xigbar and Saix appeared as members of Organisation XIII. Did they return as humans like Lea and the others?

Nomura: The conditions of becoming a human have been met, so you’d think they had returned, wouldn’t you? For them to have been with Xehanort and the others, perhaps they were collected after they had become humans and before Lea and the others woke up. You could say the same for the members of Organisation XIII that didn’t appear in this title, however… I’d rather everyone use their imaginations.

Sources: KH3D Ultimania Interviews Translated! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider
KH3D Ultimania Interviews Translated! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I literally read the title of this thread, said "Hell yeah!", and then clicked on it. I'm glad the poll option was virtually the exact same answer.

Megavoltage

Awards
I need the Sora vs Vanitas confrontation. NEED IT! I wonder if they'll revamp the Unversed or keep them mostly the same as they were in Birth by Sleep...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back