• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sibling influence

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I'm the only male, besides my father, in a family of 4 women. Keep in mind that my dad usually works until around six and then dashes to random meetings whenever they pop up, this meaning that on the weekdays, I'm mostly the only guy around. I've never thought much of this until a cousin of mine told me that I have good fashion sense, something I must have picked up from my sisters and mom. This got me thinking about the other influences my sisters have had on me.

One thing I noticed was that I'm really neat and a generally clean person. I don't have any brothers but from what my friends tell me and other things I've picked up, when you're raised around more males, there's less of an emphasis on tidiness. My sisters on the other hand, are very clean.

One more thing was how I never really got into sports until a year and a half ago, which I believe was because sports was only a big deal to my dad and back then, he was extremely busy with work.

So, have any of you been influenced by your siblings? As shown above, it doesn't really have to be a negative influence, there could be tons of good ones, too.

Discuss

metrifyx

Definitely. I pretty much do everything my brother does and like everything he likes, unintentionally. He's the one who got me into KH, and gaming in general.

On the other hand, my sister's constant ranting on my appearance has caused me to be really insecure about myself. I watch my weight constantly, wear makeup, etc. I'm still trying to get past it and just ignore what she says.

Ace.

Banned
Yes. I've been influenced to decide against having children.

Obliviongirl13

Guerriero Crepuscolare
Website
www.Anerael.deviantart.com
For me, my sister was never nice to me. Always putting me down and never really helping me. People say it is because she is jealous of me. I think the only good thing was the fact that I try to overcome what my sister said to me.

"You can't sing well. Or at least as good as me." (So I sing everyday)

Its a matter of overcoming my emotional obstacles.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
My brother is always busy with something else. We don't talk much and he's always in his room or with friends >.<. So I think I have a natural tendency to like the same things as him so we could get along better.
Now my sister. I was practically raised by my sister. Because of this, im not really like your other average-immature-teenage-boy. I don't really like CoD or anything like that. I'm also more friends with girls then guys. I'll have like 2 main guy friends and the rest be girls.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I learned a degree of compassion, patience, and tolerance in helping to take care of my mentally impaired fraternal twin brother; my older brother and I generally get along well, as long as he doesn't bug the crap out of me. I mostly learned how to not be a complete idiot watching the prime learning examples (and I say with much sarcasm)of my biological father and older brother's mistakes and screw-ups.

I typically have mostly guy friends, a few girls here and there. I utterly despise all new employees at my work regardless. Half of them wind up being lazy whiny kids that act like taking up a stack of plates is a slavery sentence.

But overall, I'm a pretty swell bro. I think I've been influenced more so by outside-of-the-family people in my opinion, but eh.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Me and my sis are as close as can be.
But I hate it when people say we act "just alike." Unfortunately, she hates it when people say it too. lol
I was practically raise by her though. Without her, I'd probably be a slum as my parents were too busy fighting most my life to take care of me well.

Funny, around the time she moved out, my life is steadily getting worse.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I know I am the single biggest influence in my twelve-year-old sister's life, at the moment, but that will change very soon, what with my complete absence from the house and her onward charge through puberty. Oh well.

I don't think anyone has genuinely succeeded in influencing me. We are all the products of our experiences, yes, but I've always felt that I led the crowd rather than been in it. Maybe I've been influenced on some deeper, subconscious level that I can't even recognize, but on a conscious level, I've had no influences.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
no not really. im the eldest and i dont spend time with my siblings, let alone family, as much as i do with my friends. i dont think they have influenced me in any way, in fact, i think it's the other way around.

like The Professor said, i'm more influenced by the people outside.

Maxyli138

My big brother influences me, even though I never really notice it. But next year he's going to college so I won't see him as much. :(

<3

Call me Love, love.
I've grown up with two brothers (one older, the other younger) and an older sister. The only influance I can think of any of them having on me is that if I want something, and don't get it, argue, or physically fight until I do. Very violent household due to ADHD and simple arrogance.

Other than that I'm probably the odd sheep. The middle child. I reckon I have a major influence on my younger brother though, ever since I got heavily involve in anime, manga and Japanese culture in general, I noticed he's been getting into it as well. We're probably the most alike. My older brother is extremely shy, despite his anger issues, and my sister is the type of sister you envy with a passion. And, unfortunately for me, I do envy her. But I try to be different on purpose, I like my individuality and it's really the only thing I like about myself honestly, something that I will never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back