• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sibling relationship between Lea and Kairi?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
So, having watched the footage of the recent trailers this really weird idea popped into my head.

What if Lea and Kairi are siblings? I have no idea if anyone ever theorized about this before and I honestly don't see if there is really any point to them being related or not (it isn't particularly relevant, but...)
Anyway I thought it might be an interesting way to bring about a different sort of characterization between those two.

Okay so like...hear me out.

I am already really excited to see these two hash things out between them. I mean, Lea is having to deal with a lot of guilt over stuff, Kairi is having to see if she can forgive him for things. Obviously they are both working on their own issues but we can already see that they are getting along pretty well. And, honestly, was there really any doubt that Kairi would forgive him? So...as interesting as it is to see like, ah, yes, Kairi is a forgiving person! We kinda already knew that about her.

What I am interested in, is actually a lot about her past and how she would personally deal with having to learn more about the memories that she forgot. It's one thing for her to say "Destiny Islands is my home" because she honestly feels that way, and has no real connecting memories to Radiant Garden other than a few snippets of memories that crop up here and there.

I mean, what if she actually gets to learn about her birth parents? What if they are still alive? I know, I know, KH rarely ever deals with parental relationships. But that made me wonder...

what if she and Lea were siblings? She was about 4 in BBS which we can stamp due to her age actually given. Lea is a bit harder but he was at least what? 13 or 14? It would be a bit of an age gap but not impossible. I've known siblings with larger gaps. Obviously Kairi wouldn't know if she had an older brother, she lost her memories.

But certainly Lea would? Well...maybe. We still have no idea how him and Isa became org members, or when. Maybe his memories got messed up too. Maybe they both spend time in their home world and the memories start coming back and they realize...hey, we are actually related? After all, Lea was always a lot nicer to Namine/Xion than a ton of other members for...reasons? He's a good guy I guess? Maybe it's because of repressed memories of his lost sister that it kinda sorta reminds him of. I dunno.

Again this is such a stretch I don't really know if I even believe it, but it would be interesting to see the game address a literal sibling dynamic. But yeah. We know how well KH handles parents...so this is probably all moot anyway.

Thoughts?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I would love a development like this. I doubt KH will go the family route, but I personally would enjoy it.

Swing

Awards
I'm sorry, but since when are those two so close to each other? What actually happen?

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
While they are from the same world, I'd say it is asking us a bit too much to believe Axel would not have already revealed a revelation such as that. And as far as lost memories go, would he remember Isa but not his own sister? Even in a series where friendship is valued more than blood, this would surprise me.

Swing

Awards
O yeah, I always forget that Kairi is actually from Radiant Garden and not from Destiny Island. And.... wait.... Axel has a sister? When was that established?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
O yeah, I always forget that Kairi is actually from Radiant Garden and not from Destiny Island. And.... wait.... Axel has a sister? When was that established?

It wasn't, it's the implication hypotesized in this thread that it might be Kairi.

Swing

Awards
You know.... how complicated Kh is, I would not be surprised if this would be the case. After all, they kinda must come up with some reasons why she is so closed to him. So far it seems like they only put them together is because they are the only last important characters left.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I'm sorry, but since when are those two so close to each other?

Just the impression I got from their short interaction in the trailer. I wouldn't say they are "super close" but obviously working on it.

While they are from the same world, I'd say it is asking us a bit too much to believe Axel would not have already revealed a revelation such as that. And as far as lost memories go, would he remember Isa but not his own sister?

And have the same hair color :p

But yeah like I said I realize there are holes in this theory and it is pretty out there, but it is possible. I mean, there is no evidence against the possibility that maybe one of the reasons Lea and Isa were going to the castle was because they were being experimented on (but not being told that is what was going on). Then, later, maybe Lea was a person of interest since his sister was so full of light they were testing a hypothesis that it could be passed on through siblings. Being sciency and what not they might want to test something like that. Things went wrong, memories got lost, yadda yadda. I mean we have seen selective memory loss with Xion before so...maybe?
And like I said, we have no idea WHEN he and Isa were turned. He could have lost his memories of Kairi a while before then and still had years of interactions/friendship with Isa that weren't erased.

I mean, isn't it also a little weird that he never once seemed to peg Roxas as looking EXACTLY like Ven? Or are we supposed to just assume he is keeping that under wraps, or just forgot.

I think it would be a little ironic, considering how seriously Lea/Axel wants to be remembered, for it to turn out that he actually has glaring memory loss issues.

Edit: I suppose though I just realized he woke up with a ton of the other people in that one scene in 3D implying he died at the same time as them. Hrm...

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Eh, I just don't really see it. The friendship is definitely there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back