• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Significance of the title

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

baconbits

So apparently I know nowhere near as much about KH as I thought I did...

I just can't figure out the significance of the "over 2" part of the title. The 358 days is how long Roxas is in the organization before the end of the game... but before what in the actual story?

I apologize for my ignorance but I think I am overlooking something

So wtf does the title of the game mean/refer to?

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
It's assumed to be Xion and Roxas
-- Just one more thing that I think everyone is wondering, just what does the title “358/2 Days” mean? Nomura: That’s the question that everyone has to ask in interviews. (laughs) There is an answer, but I think it’s best not to answer it. Well okay, I’ll give a little hint. “/2” is read in English as “over two”, but this isn’t the kind of over that means to “pass over” something. The 358 days are shared between two people, so “/2”, but I’d rather you imagine which two we are talking about. After you’ve finished playing it you might change your mind about who the two people are.

baconbits

Ah, but, Nomura said "After you've finished playing it you might change your mind about who the two people are". Do you honestly think that the answer to something worded like that would be as obvious and out there as simply Xion and Roxas?

KeybladeLegacy5

SENPAI!
Ah, but, Nomura said "After you've finished playing it you might change your mind about who the two people are". Do you honestly think that the answer to something worded like that would be as obvious and out there as simply Xion and Roxas?
yep lol, nomuras a snake hes tricking us into thinking to hard, to put it simply, who else would it be, Roxas is in the Organization for 358 days and Oh shit, your right, Xions not there the whole time GOD i am stupid, it might mean someone else it probly does mean just Xion but im an idiot

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Seeing as how we knew about Sora and Roxas before playing the game, and were only supposed to know about Xion after you played the actual game, yes, it could be something as "obvious" as Roxas and Xion.
To people who knew nothing about the game before playing, the "/2" would be a lot more obviously hinting towards Sora and Roxas.

yep lol, nomuras a snake hes tricking us into thinking to hard, to put it simply, who else would it be, Roxas is in the Organization for 358 days and Oh shit, your right, Xions not there the whole time GOD i am stupid, it might mean someone else it probly does mean just Xion but im an idiot

If you want to be nitpicky about the number of Days we got to see of everyone you're never doing to reach any conclusion at all, seeing how the number of Days is only relevant and I do mean only relevant for Roxas and Xion. Sora's there from before and after, and if you wanna go for Ven that's only relevant once Xion's in play. But you ruled her out because she came into play a week after Roxas did so you're left with nothing.

baconbits

........ and Oh shit, your right, Xions not there the whole time GOD i am stupid, it might mean someone else it probly does mean just Xion but im an idiot

I forgive you :)

Seeing as how we knew about Sora and Roxas before playing the game, and were only supposed to know about Xion after you played the actual game, yes, it could be something as "obvious" as Roxas and Xion.
To people who knew nothing about the game before playing, the "/2" would be a lot more obviously hinting towards Sora and Roxas.

If you want to be nitpicky about the number of Days we got to see of everyone you're never doing to reach any conclusion at all, seeing how the number of Days is only relevant and I do mean only relevant for Roxas and Xion. Sora's there from before and after, and if you wanna go for Ven that's only relevant once Xion's in play. But you ruled her out because she came into play a week after Roxas did so you're left with nothing.

1. I really don't know the significance of Ven, or the significance of him looking exactly like Roxas because I haven't exactly done my research on all the new shit, and I have yet to read the secret reports (which I really need to get around to doing). But I still don't see what you are trying to say with this here post.

No as for me, the only thing I could really think of was Roxas' new life in Twilight Town which is shown as the last cutscene. The "/2" meaning his "new" 358 days of his "new life". I've done some research since then and little did I realize the whole Virtual Twilight Town and whatnot, nor did I know the "/2" meant that it was shared by two people, not to "pass over" something in this instance

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
But I still don't see what you are trying to say with this here post.

It's probably Xion and Roxas.

No as for me, the only thing I could really think of was Roxas' new life in Twilight Town which is shown as the last cutscene. The "/2" meaning his "new" 358 days of his "new life". I've done some research since then and little did I realize the whole Virtual Twilight Town and whatnot, nor did I know the "/2" meant that it was shared by two people, not to "pass over" something in this instance

Only his life in Twilight Town is about the 7 Days of the year that are not covered in Days.

I'm pretty sure 358/2 stands for the 358 days shared between 2 people (Roxas, Xion), even if Xion wasn't there until like 7 days after Roxas, but, well, heck!

You could also say it's Roxas/Xion and Axel, and then the Days sort of add up, since Axel was there from Day 1 to Day 358. But Xion links a lot closer to Roxas's story for obvious reasons and hence is the more likely candidate.

RandomNobody

Xion wasn't with Roxas the whole time, but she did exist from the start ( in a zombie like state). So she could still be included in the /2.

Beastly

Well Hello Beautiful
So apparently I know nowhere near as much about KH as I thought I did...

I just can't figure out the significance of the "over 2" part of the title. The 358 days is how long Roxas is in the organization before the end of the game... but before what in the actual story?

I apologize for my ignorance but I think I am overlooking something

So wtf does the title of the game mean/refer to?

its the 358 days being shared by Roxas and Xion.

it can be something this obvious.

UnstoppableSound

It's assumed to be Xion and Roxas

Just to clarify for everyone else. Regarding the quote that you posted, spoken by Nomura:

The original two that were expected to "share the 358 days" were Sora & Roxas. However, we all know that what Nomura was trying to put across was that the time period was shared by Roxas & Xion.

UnstoppableSound

I fail to see how 'the original two' to share the time had to have been Sora and Roxas when Sora wasn't an acting force :\ there was nothing to 'share' with him over the period.

Yeah I know, there was no sharing whatsoever between Sora and Roxas in 358/2 Days (other than the memories that were transferred). I'm just saying that originally that was what a lot of people assumed, though in the end it became obvious that the 358 days were shared between Xion and Roxas. I just said that to clarify the quote that WilliamTheWise posted.

A

Audo

The thing with Sora/Roxas was more so that it was 358 days that they were separated.
When Roxas was put into the fake Twilight Town, he was essentially in Sora's Heart/Memories, meaning they werent truly separate.

That's how the case for that goes.

If you ask me, Xion/Roxas is the "obvious" two people, that aren't it.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
The thing with Sora/Roxas was more so that it was 358 days that they were separated.
When Roxas was put into the fake Twilight Town, he was essentially in Sora's Heart/Memories, meaning they werent truly separate.

Uh, no, sorry. The virtual Twilight Town wasn't in Sora. Diz created it to both hide Roxas from the Organization and keep him occupied While Namine finished her work. Plus, Sora actually passes through the virtual Twilight Town on his way to The World That Never Was.

Anyways, I'm gonna go with the group and say that the 2 represents Roxas and Xion. I think it was rather clever, making the title out to be an equation. When Sora became a Heartless, he became less than a real human, according to KH logistics. But he was restored by adding all the variables back together.

A

Audo

Uh, no, sorry. The virtual Twilight Town wasn't in Sora. Diz created it to both hide Roxas from the Organization and keep him occupied While Namine finished her work. Plus, Sora actually passes through the virtual Twilight Town on his way to The World That Never Was.
The Data Twilight Town was a world created within Sora's memories (Secret Ansem Reports). It was controlled and what not through the actual computer, but it was connected directly to Sora's memories/heart. By putting Roxas in there, he WAS in line with Sora's heart/memories. How else do you think he was able to fuse with Sora at the end of his seven days if they werent directly connected?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

They did say that the Virtual Twilight Town was created inside Sora's Memories.
However, that could easily have been a mistranslation in the SARs as if that was true, how come Chip and Dale saw two Twilight Towns over each other? That's where what was written in the SARs breaks apart.

Anyways, I'm gonna go with the group and say that the 2 represents Roxas and Xion. I think it was rather clever, making the title out to be an equation. When Sora became a Heartless, he became less than a real human, according to KH logistics. But he was restored by adding all the variables back together.

Hm. The way it's read makes it not an equation, but seeing how Xion's name is actually No. i, as in the square root of minus one, I guess it does add up in that sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back