• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Silver Wings 3: Back Into My Arms

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
Me: Oh.. I understand the talking to himself thing!=^_^= The one asking for her help was Shuyin, while the other was Tidus!=^_^=
Gem: O.O Dang Gippal!>.< Just before they got answers! Awsome chapter!
Nanala:... How scary.. The bar tender had a bat under his counter...O_O
Thea:... It's most likely Ultimecia that's controlling his body.

Golden_x_Heart

TaokityxTheaxGem said:
Me: Oh.. I understand the talking to himself thing!=^_^= The one asking for her help was Shuyin, while the other was Tidus!=^_^=
Gem: O.O Dang Gippal!>.< Just before they got answers! Awsome chapter!
Nanala:... How scary.. The bar tender had a bat under his counter...O_O
Thea:... It's most likely Ultimecia that's controlling his body.
:blink: Yesh, too much for my mind...
Soon red! I need to give my brain a break...
<3

redharry123

a wanderer
*wicked laughter* Not gonna tell you anything!

SILVER WINGS 3: Back Into My Arms

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Your Hope Ends Here

“What did you do that for?!” Yuna shrieked, wrenching the wooden bat from Gippal’s hand and smacking him in the shoulder with it, “How do you like it?! Huh?! How do you like it?!”

Gippal raised his arms to fend off her attack, “Okay! I’m sorry!” he shouted until she stopped her vicious attack and practically threw the bat at Rikku who sat it quietly in the corner and wisely didn’t say a word. Gippal sighed, “Geez, Yuna. What the hell is your problem? I’d think you’d be grateful.”

“Grateful!!!” Yuna cried, practically breaking the sound barrier by Gippal’s estimation. He even saw Lulu cringe at the sound of her voice, “Why would I be grateful for you clonking my boyfriend over the head with a baseball bat until he fell into an unconscious state?!”

“First,” began Gippal, lifting his hand to count off the reasons, “I only hit him once. Secondly, he said specifically that both Tidus and Shuyin were ‘quote, unquote’ sleeping meaning that whoever that was, wasn’t your boyfriend.”

Yuna groaned in aggravation, “Minor details…” she muttered, wandering over to the unconscious blitzer that lay sprawled across the bed. She wished she knew what was going on with him. Why was he acting like this? Who was that person that had spoken to her before Gippal hit him? That certainly wasn’t Tidus and it lacked any discernible Shuyin quality.

But…

Whoever it was did seem vaguely familiar. There was something recognizable in the way those eyes looked at her. It was as if they had looked at her before. But if whoever it was had been inside of Tidus watching, then they had looked at her before. She shivered slightly. It was bad enough knowing that Shuyin was capable of possessing Tidus, but if an unknown force could do it too…

Snapping out of that thought process, Yuna put her hand on Tidus’ forehead and frowned, “He’s really cold.”

Gippal shrugged, “He’ll live.”

“How do you know that?” Yuna snapped, lifting her eyes to stare at him, “How do you really know that for sure? What if he doesn’t?”

“Then Baralai is avenged…” replied Gippal plainly.

Yuna felt the small flicker of anger in her stomach fan into a wildfire and her eyes flashed as she shouted, “Oh that’s it, is it? You want him to die, don’t you?” she scoffed at him, “That’s not going to change anything, Gippal. Baralai will still be dead.”

“Well at least Tidus…er…Shuyin…er…whoever the hell killed Baralai can’t do it again!”

“How do you know that he would?!”

“How do you know that he wouldn’t?!”

Yuna stomped her foot like a petulant two-year old and shouted, “Damnit, Gippal. No matter what you do, Baralai is dead. Your brother is never coming back!”

“….what….?” came Rikku’s tiny squeak and Yuna realized what she had said. Judging from the almost murderous look that Gippal shot her, it was obvious that he hadn’t gotten around to telling Rikku that part of his heritage yet. Her blonde cousin shared an equally shocked look with the beautiful black mage standing next to her but it was Rikku who spoke first, “Baralai…is…your brother?” she asked Gippal, speaking slowly as if to test the words in her mouth before saying them.

Gippal glared at Yuna before turning to face Rikku, “…yes.” He admitted quietly but he raised his hand to fend off further questions, “I’ll explain later, Rikku. This isn’t the time or place to get into it now.”

“Gippal is right.” Agreed Lulu, pointing at Tidus, “We’ve got to do something about him first.”

Rikku swallowed hard and took a deep breath as she went along with the change of subject, “Let’s take him back to town. We can take care of him there.”

“I agree.” Stated Yuna, turning to stare at Gippal with a hard expression, “Well…?” she asked, motioning toward Tidus, “What are you waiting for?”

He raised an eyebrow at her, “What do you expect me to do?”

“You’re the one who knocked him out. You carry him.”

Now maybe it was the fact that he hadn’t had a reason to laugh in a long time. Maybe it was the look on Yuna’s face. Maybe it was the simple fact that he just wanted to laugh at something. Whatever the reason, the entire situation struck him as absolutely preposterous, and Gippal found himself laughing hysterically at Yuna’s demand for several seconds before the stern look on her face made him stop and gape at her, “You’re not serious, are you?”

“Do I look like I’m kidding you?”

Gippal shook his head and shot a pleading look at Rikku who shrugged, “You did knock him out.” She said, proving once and for all that she wasn’t going to help him. And with Lulu obviously not planning on using Flare to defend him from Yuna anytime soon, Gippal found himself meandering over the unconscious psycho-killer and lifting Tidus over his back to carry half the blitzer’s weight on his back and half the blitzer’s weight on his front. He instantly felt like his knees were going to buckle between him and he silently swore to himself that if he made it down to Besaid without dying, he’d personally see to it that Tidus be made well aware of just how heavy he was!

As Gippal struggled to follow the girls down the stairs, an annoying vibration rattled against his right leg.

He silently cursed the Al Bhed for the reinvention of the cell phone.

Gippal stopped as he straddled between two stairs, sweat popping from his brow under Tidus’ weight, “H…hold up. My phone’s ringing.”

“I got it.” Rikku said, rushing up the steps two at a time and reaching into his pocket to retrieve the phone. If he hadn’t been so focused on not dropping Tidus down the stairs, Gippal would have found the fact that Rikku’s hand was in his pocket, dangerously close to his inner thigh to be very appealing. She pushed a blonde strand out of her face and spoke into the machina, “Gippal’s phone. This is Rikku!”

“Rikku. Can I speak to Gippal please?”

“He’s kinda busy at the minute, Nooj. Can I take a message?”

“I really need to talk to him.”

Rikku shrugged, “Just a sec.” she said to Nooj. Cupping her hand over the mouthpiece, she said, “Nooj needs to talk to ya. Why don’t you put down sleeping beauty?”

Gippal didn’t have to have it suggested twice before he was backing slowly up to the nearest bed and dropping Tidus firmly onto the mattress. He caught a glare from Yuna – no doubt over how he had so callously dropped the blitzer, but he didn’t care at the moment. He accepted the phone from Rikku and said, “You know you’re lazy when you don’t even walk to the ship to talk to me in person.”

“I’m in Guadosalam.”

Gippal bit his lip, “Why?” He swore for a moment that it sounded like Nooj’s voice caught when he tried to respond, but that was impossible. Nooj was never upset. He was the captain. He was the rock. He was the deathseeker for Yevon’s sake! But when he heard a ragged breath on the other end, he immediately realized something was very wrong. He turned his back to Rikku, Lulu, and Yuna and whispered, “What’s wrong?”

“I got some really bad news, Gippal.”

“What sort of news?”

Rikku stormed over to him, “Put it on speaker!” she demanded, ripping the phone from his hand and pressing the speaker button.

Gippal silently cursed the Al Bhed for the reinvention of the cell phone with speaker option.

A cold sense of dread came over him as Nooj explained about the call that he and LeBlanc had received and how the Syndicate didn’t want to tell her what had happened over the phone.

“What did happen?” asked Gippal.

“The Farplane…imploded.”

Gippal took a sharp intake of breath, “Imploded?”

“It collapsed in on itself sometime last night. All that’s left is cinder and soot – the remnants of a fiery explosion that severely burned the Guado that was guarding outside.”

Yuna walked a little closer to the phone, “Does the man need to be healed, Nooj?”

“No.” came the man’s reply, “He’s going to be fine. LeBlanc had learned a few spells so she took care of him. He was able to talk to us just a little bit ago.”

“And what did he say?” asked Gippal.

Nooj was silent for several minutes before he finally said, “That’s where the bad news part really comes into play.”

“…what happened…?”

“He told us that…that there were two people inside the Farplane when everything happened.” He paused and to Gippal that silence was even more telling that his previous silences. He waited for Nooj to say who the victims were, but judging from the fact that there were two people that he hadn’t seen since the day before, Gippal wasn’t surprised when Nooj said, “Seifer and Paine.”

Waking up with a smile on her face was something she hadn’t done in quite a while, but something she thought she’d be able to start doing more often. Of course, Nooj leaving with that blonde bimbo hadn’t been in her initial plan, but he’d be coming home to her soon enough.

She slipped out of the sheets of her guest house bed and padded across the room to the dresser, pulling her robe out and slipping it over her shoulders. It was only a matter of time until they met her…surprise. A surprise that was going to really rock everyone’s world.

And she couldn’t wait…

The vibration was annoying. It shook him out of his world of dreams when he wasn’t interested in leaving just yet. He wanted to sleep forever. Stubbornly refusing to give into consciousness, he began to roll over when he felt a sharp and stabbing pain run the length of his hand and he jumped up, shouting in pain. The hand was swollen twice its size and was quite obviously broken. How had that happened?

Pounding footsteps told him he had alerted someone to him, and that was when he noticed where he was.

Yuna ran up to him, “Are you okay, Tidus?”

He blinked back a little annoyance and replied sharply, “My name is Shuyin, thanks. And I’m fine, aside from my hand.”

“Oh,” she said, “Sorry, I had healed it a little but I guess it didn’t work as well as I had hoped.” She sighed and sat down across from him on the little bed, “And I’m sorry for calling you Tidus.” She said, “I just, I mean…that’s who was here for the last few days so I just figured…” she sighed and reached for his hand, “Don’t worry about it. I’ll just heal this up a bit more.”

As a cool feeling traveled through his fingers, Shuyin lifted his eyebrow at her, “What happened to it?”

“You broke it.”

“Thanks for that.” He replied sarcastically, “but how did I break it?” Shuyin leaned in to the girl close enough to notice rather large bruises on her cheeks which she had tried to cover with makeup, “What happened to your face?”

Yuna backed up sharply, dropping his hand but it didn’t hurt this time. She raised her own hand to her cheek and muttered, “Nothing…”

“Yuna…I asked you a question.”

“Shuyin…” she whispered, “You’ve had a tough time. I don’t want to bore you with the inconsequentials of my life.”

“What happened?” he asked again, more forcefully, anger piercing through him at the thought that anyone would hurt her. Then his eyes focused in on a hole that was in the wall, a hole that wasn’t there before. His eyes snapped back to her and he frowned, “Did Tidus hurt you?”

Yuna shrugged, “It doesn’t matter anymore.” She replied with a sigh, “It really doesn’t. I’m fine, you’re fine. Everything is just fine.”

“Did he hit you?” demanded Shuyin, ignoring her silent plea for the dropping of the subject, “Did he?”

Yuna nodded slowly, “Yes,” she admitted, raising her hand to silence his angry retort, “but I’m fine. I’m fine, I promise.”

Shuyin lifted a finger to gently trace her jawline, trying to quell the anger that was boiling in his stomach at the thought that Tidus – anyone for that matter – would dare hurt such a beautiful creature, “Yuna....” he whispered. Yuna trembled a little under his touch as he leaned closer to her, pressing his lips against hers gently and then, when she didn’t deny him, more passionately. Her hands slipped around his neck in a motion that seemed oddly natural to her and she pulled him close to her to feel his body heat through her clothes. His mouth left hers and traced a warm path over her cheek to her ear, touching it gently with his tongue. Without truly thinking, Yuna pulled him down upon her on the bed and moaned softly as his lips traveled down her neck to her collarbone.

Shuyin had given up logical thought as soon as Yuna began responding to him. It wasn’t the first time he’d been with her like this, and it certainly wasn’t the first time she’d kissed this body, but it was the first time that she knew for certain it was him and she wasn’t pushing him away.

But…she did know it was him, right?

“Yuna…” he muttered against hoarsely in her ear.

Yuna turned her own head against his and whispered, “Don’t stop…please don’t stop.”

He didn’t want to. It took all his strength to raise himself up on his arms and look into her eyes. Those eyes, now smoldering with passion, stared at him with such want that he felt his knees turn to jelly. He could just ignore the guilt he was feeling and take her the way he wanted to. But he’d never be able to live with himself after that. He gave her a half smile and said, “I think we should stop before we do something you’ll regret.”

“Don’t stop…” she whispered again, her hands trailing along his muscular stomach.

He fought the urge to do exactly what she requested as he said, “I can’t…”

“Why?”

His blue eyes connected with hers as he said, “I’m not Tidus. I never will be.”

“Don’t you think I know that?” she asked, cupping his face within her hands and gently stroking her thumbs over his cheeks, “I’m not stupid, you know.”

“I never said you were.” He replied with a soft smile, “I just don’t want you getting a little carried away again…”

She frowned, “Like I did with Gippal, right?”

He nodded, “Yes, but it’s not just that.” He admitted, rising to his knees and rolling onto his back to lay next to her, “I just get the feeling that you’re doing this to try and forget something.” He paused and looked at her, “Did something happen that you’re not telling me? Besides Tidus hitting you, I mean.”

Yuna wanted to tell him about the mystery third person who had controlled the blitzer’s body for a few moments, but the words caught in her throat. Was he going to think she was insane? Maybe that person really was him. Maybe it was Tidus. Maybe she imagined the whole thing. The group had already decided that they weren’t going to mention it again unless something happened to make it come up. Lulu had returned to Besaid and only Gippal and Rikku had accompanied Yuna on the trip to Guadosalam along with the unconscious blitzer – who now, of course, was awake. If Yuna just kept her mouth shut, than no one would ever mention the issue again and they could go on with a semblance of normalcy.

And besides, if she mentioned it than he’d spend all his time worrying and not nearly enough time with those beautiful lips on her body…

Yuna rolled onto her side, “No…nothing happened.” She replied, a simple lie that put an end to a conversation she didn’t want to have anymore. She smiled at him as she remembered the way he used to make her feel as Lenne on those long Zanarkand nights and she decided that she wanted to feel that way again. She kissed him this time, and smiled to herself when she felt him instantly respond, his tongue touching hers. She took his hand in hers and trailed it up her hip until she laid it deftly on her ribcage, silently daring him to go further.

He shook his head and pulled his lips from hers, “Yuna…I think we should…stop…” he said in a breathless whisper, but his mouth said one thing and his body said another as he lifted his hand to her breast moving the other to make quick work of the threads that held her shirt together. His mouth moved upon the now bare skin and Yuna let out a sigh, running her hands slowly through his blonde locks and down to his shirt, lifting it from the bottom up over his head and discarding it into a crumpled pile on the floor.

A crackling noise caused them both to stop and look around for the source.

“Yunie…we’re almost at Guadosalam so get up here and prepare for the landing.” Came Rikku’s voice over the loudspeaker, effectively ending any remnants of the mood that had swept them up just moments before.

Shuyin guiltily climbed off of her and retrieved his shirt from the floor, replacing it on his head as she tied the cords of her shirt. He was disappointed to have been interrupted and yet grateful to whatever god happened to be in place at this point for the interruption. He and Yuna were friends and he didn’t want to ruin that. She’d just hate him and he couldn’t bear it. He glanced up at her out of the corner of his eye and saw her watching him as she chew nervously on her bottom lip.

“I’m sorry…ya know…that I…um…” she stammered, “I came on too strong. I’m sorry.”

Shuyin shrugged, “I’m the one who should apologize. It was my fault…”

She sighed and released her lip, “Well, I better get to the bridge before Rikku has a coronary. I’ll see you later.” She said, giving him a sincere smile before turning and walking out of the crew’s quarters.

“Where are you going?” asked LeBlanc, trying to sound as confident as possible to hide the fact that her insides were quaking with fear. She hadn’t felt this uncomfortable in her home in…well…ever.

“I’m going to go look at the site and see if I can help the Guado with anything.” Came Nooj’s reply as he gently stroked her shoulders, “Gippal, Rikku, and Yuna are on their way. They should be here at any time.”

“I’ll come with you, love.”

Nooj shook his head, “No, LeBlanc. I want you to stay here. Lock the door after I leave and don’t open it for anyone.” His expression grew dreadfully serious and he whispered, “I mean it, LeBlanc. Do not follow me. I know you don’t like orders, but if you don’t obey me then I’ll drag you back here and lock you in a closet.”

“You wouldn’t!”

“I would.”

LeBlanc pouted but she knew that Nooj wasn’t joking and although she didn’t relish staying in the chateau with only the Syndicate, Ormi, and Logos to look after her, she conceded to his wishes. Locking the door immediately after Nooj left, LeBlanc meandered up to her private bathroom and decided that relaxing in a hot tub was just the remedy she needed. She waited until the water was steaming before shutting the door and stripping her clothes. She climbed in, the hot water instantly making her aching muscles feel completely better. She hoped that Nooj would come back soon, and with information about why the Farplane fell in on itself. Her Noojie was hiding how truly upset he was over Paine’s death, but she knew better than to push. He’d come to her when he wanted to talk about it. She was just grateful that Gippal was coming. Nooj needed his friend with him now. There was only so much that she could do.

A creak caught her attention and LeBlanc opened her eyes. The bathroom door was swinging open slowly and she was laying completely naked for anyone to see. She reached quickly for the towel she left draping over the side of the tub and covered herself, rising to her feet and walking slowly to the door to peer out. A sudden sense of dread overcame her as she jutted her head around the corner, “Anybody here?” she asked, praying silently that no one would answer and letting out an audible sigh of relief when that prayer was granted. She groaned to herself, “Honestly, LeBlanc, you’re beginning to lose it. It’s just a drafty old house with bad doors.”

Still, the mood for the bath had vanished and LeBlanc let the water out of the tub and replaced the towel with a pair of purple pajama bottoms and a white sweatshirt. Granted, it covered a bit more than her usual attire, but tonight she just wanted to curl up in something comfortable and relax. Maybe when Nooj got back she could convince him to lay back and watch the sphere with her for a while. She wanted to try to get his mind off of everything.

LeBlanc padded her way barefooted out of her bedroom and rounded the corner to the stairs. A breeze whipped past her and she paused, wondering where the draft was coming from when she saw it. The front door was hanging wide open. Stifling a yelp, LeBlanc ran down the stairs the rest of the way and slammed it shut, locking it again. She knew she had locked it the first time. Maybe Nooj was back? Or maybe Ormi and Logos were just stupid enough to have opened the door. The latter was much more realistic.

“Hello…?” she called, walking quietly back to the dining room. The door to the secret passageway was open and she searched her mind to remember if she had left it like that, but she knew she hadn’t. She silently prayed that Ormi or Logos had. LeBlanc reached for the fireplace poker as she made her way down into the passageway.

Fear in her own house – or fear in general – wasn’t something she was used to, but she felt in then in every step she took. Her heart was pounding so hard she was sure that others could hear it and the whole time she kept telling herself that she was acting stupid. She was certain that Ormi or Logos were just playing a prank on her.

Right…??

A light flickered in the room at the end of the hall and LeBlanc quietly made her way toward the door but paused just short of the threshold. If (and she prayed it was a small if) someone was in there, she was hardly in a position to defend herself with a mere fire poker and her bare feet as her only weapons. She decided at that moment that she would go in swinging and whoever was in there would just have to deal with a head wound.

But…as LeBlanc made her way inside she realized that there was no one there. The light had been a candle fighting for its last breath of oxygen before dying. LeBlanc let out a little laugh at her own stupidity and set the fire poker down against a nearby wall. With everything that was going on she was just getting paranoid.

While she was down there, she decided that she might as well gather up a few books to read just in case Nooj kept her prisoner in her own house for a while. She kept her secret stash of naughty romance novels inside one of the trunks for just such an occasion. As she made her way to the trunk, she felt something wet and sticky under her toes and she paused and looked down.

“What the…” she muttered, squatting closer to the substance. It looked almost like…blood. She shook her head at the ridiculous thought. It had to have been paint. There would have been no explanation for such a ridiculously large amount of blood seeping out from under the bed.

And yet…

As if her hand had grown a mind of its own, LeBlanc found herself lifting the ruffle that lined the bottom of the bed and allowing her eyes to make contact with what remained of Logos, stuffed in an impossible position, blood seeping from his eyes and throat with a horrified look frozen on his long and serious face. LeBlanc let out a terrified scream, backing away as quickly as she could, her feet not working with her body. She tripped over the blood-soaked carpet and stumbled, grabbing onto the closet door for support, but found none when it swung open and she found herself pinned beneath Ormi and felt a warm substance flowing from his head onto her body.

“Ahhh!!!” she shrieked again, squirming as best she could to remove herself from Ormi’s girth. It proved a difficult task, but she managed, grabbing the poker and running as fast as she could out of the room and back down the hall, slipping on the stones as her blood-soaked feet made contact with the freshly polished stones.

She broke into the dining room with the fastest speed she could attain but her slippery feet tripped her up and sent her sprawling face first onto the carpet, giving her a view of the underside of the table and the fem-goon laying beneath it. She let out another horrified scream as she scrambled to her feet, forgetting the poker and concerned only with getting out of that chateau. She saw the door standing open just a few feet away and then saw it slam shut before her and it took her a moment to realize why.

Long fingernails, connected with tapered hands that led up to a muscular torso and a face with an evil grin greeted her. Hidden behind the door, she hadn’t seen the intruder before but LeBlanc saw him now and she felt her voice catch in her throat. It was impossible and yet…obviously it was possible. It was happening, was it not?

He stepped forward and gave her a chilling grin, “The chateau hasn’t changed much.” He stated simply, taking another step forward while she took another back. He reached for an apple that was sitting on the table and took a long and leisurely bite before he said, “Aside from the rather tacky hearts and the large painting of your lover in my bedroom, it’s exactly the same.”

“Y…y….you’re….” stammered LeBlanc, trying to get her heart to calm its erratic beating so she could think.

He stepped forward and a grin spread on his face that made LeBlanc shudder from head to toe, “I believe the name you are searching for,” he replied, “is Seymour…”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ok i couldnt resist in adding Seymour! I mean come on, what good is a FFX fic without a wacked up freaky blue haired villian? :D

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
Me: Oh my.. Yuna is chaging!!!
Gem: YAY! It's Seymour!... Wait a minute.. I mean NO!
Nanala: Poor Le Blanc!
Me: I would of killed myself if there was that much suspence, if I say Seymour, I'd charge at him with rage!!! Instead of running...
Thea: So that was what she did.. well, awsome chapter as usual!.. Damn Seymour..
Gem:*drools slighly*
Me: -_- Poor Ormi and Logos!!!

Noezel7

wow i haven't posted in a while. amazing red. your chappies keep getting better. can you give me some writing tips some time? keep the chappies comming. i can't speak for everyone but i'm slightly confused but mostly excited!!

Jax-Oh1

Multi-Demension King
Seymore's Back! Paine may be Dead! A third person is controling Tidus!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redharry123

a wanderer
if you are confussed then i've done my job! ^o^ yay me! BUT FEAR NOT! all confussion will be....urm........uncofussed......o.o.....ya...and if not then.......oops.:D oh and i'd love to give you writing tips some time noezel! ooo fun! NOW ON WITH THE SHOW!...erm....CHAPTER!

Chapter Twenty-Nine: While Visions Of Evil Maesters Danced In His Head

“So…when are you going to explain about Baralai?” asked Rikku, as she peered over Gippal’s shoulder to the landing strip he was aiming toward setting the Celsius on.

Gippal turned his head to look into her eyes, “Later.”

“When later?”

“Much later.”

Rikku pouted at him and made a little whimpering noise, but didn’t push for any further information. She knew better than to push Gippal. He’d tell her when he was ready, but she certainly hoped he would be ready soon. She didn’t know how much longer she was going to be able to wait to find out how long he’s known he was Baralai’s brother and if Baralai knew and how it all came to be.

There were so many things Rikku wanted to say to Gippal. She wanted most of all to apologize for doubting him so many times, but she decided it was best to let the past stay in the past. There was no reason to dredge it up again when they were getting along so well now. Sneaking up behind him, Rikku wrapped her arms around his waist and gave him a tight squeeze and when she felt Gippal’s fingers meshing with her own, she knew he didn’t want her to let go so she didn’t.

“Do you think Tidus woke up?” he asked suddenly, a frown forming on his features, “Is that why Yuna’s taking so long to get down here?”

Rikku shrugged and put her forehead against his back, “I don’t know.” She admitted with a sigh, “but she knows we want her up here so she’ll be here as soon as she can.”

“Yeah…” he replied quietly.

Rikku wanted to keep talking to him. She wanted to find out what was on his mind since it was obvious that he was troubled by something and she didn’t think it had to do with Paine, but she decided to let it wait. They needed to deal with one thing at a time. Rising onto her toes, Rikku planted a soft kiss on the nape of his neck, “You know I’m there for you if you need me, right?”

He turned his head a little and gave her a small smile, “I know.” He replied, “Thanks.”

“What is wrong with me?!” Yuna asked herself in a harsh and hushed whisper as she let the door to the crew’s quarters slam behind her. Her footsteps echoed down the empty hallway leading to the elevator but she barely noticed. Her mind was focused on how she had acted just a few moments ago.

Why was she doing this again?!

Hadn’t she gotten herself into enough of a situation with Gippal?!

“I’m just stupid. That’s all there is to it.” She decided as she entered the elevator, “There’s no other explanation.”

In fact, it did seem like the logical conclusion. She was acting out and rushing into the arms of other men all so that she could avoid the question that seemed to perpetuate these actions. Did she really love Tidus at all? That question had plagued her on and off again during their separations. She couldn’t help but wonder briefly if the thrill of their adventure together had made her think she loved him. Her sudden lust for Gippal was another thing that made her question it, but it was her undeniable connection with Shuyin that was really straining her mind. Shuyin was the one that the fayth had destined her for but a twist of fate had sent Tidus to her instead. Now Shuyin was back and she couldn’t help but wonder if being with him is what the fayth would want her to do.

She groaned…

Nonetheless, no matter what the fayth wanted it was her heart she had to follow. She just wasn’t sure where it was leading her. Tidus was her poster-child for tender, sweet love until recently when he’d beaten her until she bled. Shuyin was her poster-child for mentally disturbed psycho-killer until recently when he’d shown her a side of himself she hadn’t seen in 1000 years.

In fact, she hadn’t acted like such a hopeless tramp around him in 1000 years. Not since their first date when she’d tried to jump him in her living room and he’d politely turned her down.

The elevator dinged when it reached the bridge and Yuna made her way down the hall with her mind still reeling from her sluttish actions just a few moments before. She was determined, however, to put on a brave face when she saw her friends. They would flip if they knew what she had just tried to do.

“Where are you going to land?” she asked as she made her way down the six steps that led to the main floor of the bridge.

Rikku pointed toward a section of the Moonflow that was unused by anything but the Shoopufs, “He’s gonna park her there so we can walk to Guadosalam.”

“Sounds good.”

Her cousin released her grip on Gippal’s elbow and meandered toward Yuna with a question on her lips, “Is sleeping beauty awake?”

Yuna nodded, “Yeah, and I finished healing his hand so he’s good to go.”

“I don’t know why you healed it when he beat you up.”

“It’s Shuyin,” Yuna clarified, “not Tidus.”

“Him again?!” Rikku squealed with an exasperation heavily lacing her voice. She yanked sharply on her hair with both hands and moaned, “What is up with that? Did you ask him about the other guy? Does he know what Tidus did? Details!!”

“I don’t know what’s up with that.” Yuna answered, “I didn’t tell him about the third person. He knows what Tidus did but only by guessing.”

“Big giant bruises on her cheeks kinda gave it away.” Came the blitzer’s voice from the landing. If Yuna hadn’t known better, she could have let herself be convinced that Tidus was standing there talking to them. When she had last seen Shuyin he had been wearing the clothes Tidus had put on after waking up in Besaid – faded jeans and a white t-shirt that said, “Yuna defeated Sin and all I got was this stupid T-Shirt.”. She had laughed when Wakka had bought it during the Calm and had laughed even harder when he insisted on getting the size that was obviously too small for him. Lulu had told him he’d gotten fat but Wakka didn’t believe it until the shirt clung to every roll on his pudgy belly and had ended up with a permanent home in the closet. Now, though, Shuyin was wearing the standard Tidus clothes and had even found the old sword Wakka had given him at the start of her pilgrimage. She thought she had lost that after…

Yuna glanced down at her wrists and then guiltily looked away again. No need to dwell on the past. What’s past is past and that’s all that mattered anyway. She smiled at Shuyin and opened her mouth to speak when Rikku beat her to it, “Where’d you find that sword?” she asked, her eyes narrowing suspiciously, “You’re not planning on killing us all are you?”

Shuyin rolled his eyes at her, “Even if I was, do you honestly think I’d be honest about it?” and when Rikku didn’t respond, he nodded, “No, I’m not going to kill you. I just found it in the closet where I found these clothes and they seemed to go together so I went ahead and put it all on.”

“You’re wearing Tidus clothes, ya know.” Snipped Rikku, waving a hand in the air as she spoke, “Who are you trying to kid anyway?”

“Nobody.” He replied, “I just found them and put them on. I didn’t really think about it.”

“Maybe you should have.” Came Gippal’s biting retort from the control panel. He hadn’t even bothered turning around to look at Shuyin.

Yuna put her hands up to placate the growing tension, “Look, maybe this is a good thing.” She stated, looking from each person slowly before continuing, “The Guado don’t know about Shuyin. This way we don’t have to answer questions and we can just focus on finding out what happened with the Farplane.”

“You can’t honestly be suggesting that he pretend to be Tidus?!” shrieked Rikku, her eyes wide with surprise, “Yunie…!”

“He’s done it before.” Replied Yuna, “and we all know he’s good at it. Besides, it won’t be forever. Just while we’re in Guadosalam. It’ll just make things easier.”

Gippal grunted, “I suppose you’re right.” He said but quickly added, “Just don’t expect me to pretend that ass is my friend.”

Shuyin smirked devilishly and whispered to Yuna, “Don’t you love it how they talk like I’m not here…”

“I wish you weren’t.” snipped Rikku as she sauntered back to Gippal and kept her small nose in the air while Gippal landed the plane on the Moonflow.

LeBlanc didn’t know if she should be grateful to still be alive or eternally regretful that she wasn’t given a quick death. However, tied by the wrists to the railing in the entryway wasn’t exactly the most comfortable thing. Yet, she wasn’t prepared to face the wrath of the once alive, then dead, now alive again former Maester of Yevon. He was sitting with this back from her on a chair not far from her simply staring at the portrait of his father. She couldn’t see his face, but considering that Yuna told her he had killed him, she assumed the expression was one of contempt.

She briefly wondered what he wanted her for and then quickly squashed the idea. He had killed Logos, Ormi, and her best Fem-Goon. He was going to kill her. She just wondered why he hadn’t done it already.

“I’ll bring her to you.” Seymour suddenly said and LeBlanc realized he hadn’t been staring at Jyscal at all. He was talking to someone, “So the exchange is still on? Her for my bride. Excellent. I’ll bring her to you now.” He turned and fixed his eyes on LeBlanc and a slow and leisurely grin spread on his features, “The plans have been made, my dear. You’re no longer my concern now.”

As he reached for her, LeBlanc tried to hide her face behind her arms, “P…p…please don’t h….h…hurt me.”

“Hurt you?” asked Seymour as he pulled back and looked at her as if trying to see if she was joking, “If I hurt you then the deal I’ve made is off. I’m going to deliver you to someone who will take great delight in hurting you.”

“Please don’t…” LeBlanc begged as he untied her, but kept a firm grip on her hands with his long fingers, “I…If you want Yuna. I know where she is…”

Seymour stopped and stared at her, “How do you know that I want Yuna?”

“Y…you said your…your bride. You married Yuna…”

He nodded, “I’m impressed.” He said, but then he shrugged and pulled her along again, “She’s with her lover, I’m sure, and the only way to get her away from him is to make the trade for you.”

Seymour reached for the front door and cracked it open, wanting to see if he could sneak out as he had snuck in, by pulling the hood over his head and moving quickly out the front of Guadosalam. The coast seemed clear initially as he lifted the hood but then he cursed his bad luck. He saw Nooj descending from the Farplane platform after waving to someone and Seymour’s eyes followed his line of vision and saw his bride, her lover, the sissy little blonde girl, and…

“Gippal Liton…” he muttered to himself.

“You know Gippal?”

Seymour shot her a look to silence her and then shut the door, replying with a whisper, “I gave him one simple task and he didn’t do it. Maybe I could get revenge on him while I’m at it…”

“I’m glad you guys are here.” Nooj said as he met the quartet at the base of the Farplane platform, “I haven’t been able to figure anything out on my own. The Guado are busy trying to re-establish stability and haven’t been much help. I’m just glad to have some more eyes looking this over.”

“Where’s LeBlanc?” asked Yuna, “Why isn’t she helping?”

“I told her to stay in the mansion. I’d rather know she’s safe and sound with the Syndicate. It’s one less thing I have to worry about.”

“Makes sense.” Gippal admitted, nudging Rikku, “I kinda like the idea of that myself.”

She frowned, “You are not going to make me stay away from this. I can take care of myself, mister!”

Nooj smiled a little and then connected eyes with Shuyin, “Which one are you today?”

“Shuyin…” he replied quietly, “but I’m undercover as Tidus.”

“Why?”

Yuna replied, “I thought it’d be easier than trying to explain to all of Guadosalam what was going on.”

“Make sense…”

“Oh, Sir Tidus. It is you!” came a voice from across the Farplane. Shuyin turned his head and saw a rather tall Guado coming toward him at a quick pace. His skin was a pale shade of green and he looked generally like an alien – much like the rest of the Guado Shuyin had seen in his lifetime.

He felt Yuna nudge him slightly as the man closed the distance between their bodies. She leaned her head to him and whispered, “That’s…”

“Tromell…?” the name came to Shuyin out of nowhere, but he knew he was right even before the man smiled happily at being remembered.

He knew this guy.

"We have been expecting you, Lady Yuna. Welcome to Guadosalam. This way, my lady. This way."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!"

"Oh, I beg your pardon. I am called Tromell Guado. I am in the direct service of our leader, the great Seymour Guado. Lord Seymour has very important business with Lady Yuna."

"Business with me? Whatever could it be, I wonder?"

"Please, come inside the manor. All will be explained. Of course, your friends are also welcome."

“It’s so good to know you remember me, Sir Tidus.” Tromell was saying when Shuyin’s mind stopped wandering and returned to the conversation. The Guado was grinning broadly, “Lady Yuna was very sad with you missing, but I had heard you had once again returned to Spira and we are happy to see the lady is smiling again.”

Shuyin smiled back at the Guado, “It’s good to see you too, Tromell. It’s been too long.”

“Well, I must return to my post and help with the Farplane situation.” Tromell said, squeezing Shuyin’s hand tightly, “It was very good to see you again, my lord. Lady Yuna, a pleasure as always.”

He felt Yuna’s questioning gaze on him and turned to her as she whispered, “How did you know his name?”

Shuyin shrugged, “I’m not sure…I just did.” He paused and bit his lip, “Who’s…Seymour? Why does Tromell and that name seem to fit together in my head somehow?”

“Seymour is a bad guy.” Replied Rikku, “Much like you are.”

“Rikku…” Yuna reprimanded her cousin before turning back to Shuyin, “It’s a long story about Seymour. I’ll explain later. But…suffice it to say, he was one of the bad guys.”

"Truly, it is good to have guests again. Since Lord Jyscal passed away, these halls have been too quiet."

"The death of Lord Jyscal was a great loss for all of Spira."

"Was this Maester Jyscal really such a great guy?"

"He brought the teachings of Yevon to the Guado. He was truly a great man."

"Truly, a loss for us all. But now a new leader, Lord Seymour, has come before us. Lord Seymour is the child of a Guado and a human. He will be the tie that binds our two races together. But that is not all, I think. Lord Seymour...He will surely become the shining star that lights the way for all the peoples of Spira."

"That is enough, Tromell."

Shuyin squinted against the sudden memory in his head, “Are you sure he’s a bad guy? He was supposed to be the tie that binds…” he stopped and shook his head, “Never mind. I think I’m losing it.”

“We can discuss everything in more depth at the chateau.” Nooj suggested, “I promised LeBlanc I’d be back twenty minutes ago. She’s probably going to kill me so I’ll need protection.”

Shuyin’s mind was running a mile a minute as he walked with the group down to the chateau door, but even still he instantly noticed the front door shut quickly and a sense of dread went up his spine. He fingered the sword at his side and watched closely for more signs of movement but there were none and none of the others seemed to notice.

Maybe he was losing it…

“Hopefully she won’t be too mad.” Said Nooj as he twisted the knob and pulled, but the door didn’t open. He jiggled the handled and tried again. Still nothing. Frowning, he pounded a fist against the door three times, “LeBlanc…I know I’m late but that’s no reason to lock me out. Everybody is here. Let us in!”

When there was no answer, Shuyin grasped the handle of the sword tighter in his hands. Gippal went with Nooj and called in to LeBlanc but there was still no answer. Before Shuyin knew it, everybody was pounding and shouting but there was no answer from the inside except for silence.

Until…

A muffled scream came from just behind the window. Shuyin was at first convinced that only he had heard it, but then he noticed Nooj’s head perked up and he put an ear to the door. The cry came again this time, louder and more defiant.

“LeBlanc!” shouted Nooj, slamming his good side into the door with all his strength, “Are you all right?! LeBlanc!!”

Without really thinking about what he was doing, Shuyin strode forward and ushered the others away from the door. He pulled the sword from its position holstered at his hip and jammed the blade between the doorstop and the door itself and twisted. It gave just enough for him to pry the door open the rest of the way with his fingers.

The group poured into the entranceway. LeBlanc was tied hands and feet on the floor with a sock stuffed in her mouth. Nooj made a move toward her, but Shuyin stopped him with a hand when he saw something moving from the landing above their heads.

Not something…

Someone…

“Hello, Lady Yuna.” Came the voice from above them in the shadowed area. Yuna visibly trembled at the sound and Rikku let out a muted gasp. The figure stepped into the light slowly, inch by inch, until he was totally revealed. Tall, muscular, blue hair and tattoos over his body. Shuyin had never seen him before and yet he instinctively knew who he was.

Seymour Guado…

“My dear lady Yuna.” Seymour said, coming slowly down the stairs toward them. Yuna took a step back and hid herself behind the safety of Shuyin’s arm, gripping his elbow tightly, “I had thought I’d have to wait for quite a while to see my darling wife.”

Shuyin turned his head at Yuna, “You’re married…?”

"Lady Yuna, we've been expecting you. We were surprised you decided to come so soon. Pleasantly surprised, of course. Lord Seymour sends his apologies for having left without notice."

"It's quite all right. I have one question, if I may, sir."

"My lady?"

"I want to keep journeying, even if I marry. Do you think that Maester Seymour would let me?"

"But of course, my lady. Lord Seymour wishes nothing else, I'm sure."

He stopped and frowned, “I knew that…”

Turning his attentions back to Seymour, Shuyin found himself staring into the eyes of a man with a smirk of arrogance plastered on his face, “Just a little confused there, Tidus?” he asked, leaning in close to him and staring in to his eyes. As he did so, the smile faded and was replaced with one of quiet musing, “…not Tidus…interesting…so the rumors were true…”

“Rumors?” came Yuna’s question, speaking for the first time since seeing Seymour.

“Yes, my lady. Rumors floated amongst the evil-doers in the Farplane. Rumors that a victim of Bevelle was determined to destroy Spira.” He smiled back at Shuyin, “It did my heart good to know that there was still evil ruling the planet.”

“I’m not evil.

“I know that.” Replied Seymour smugly, “If you were you wouldn’t be with this motley crew of do-gooders. You just have some…” he pointed to his head, “…issues.”

“Never mind that.” Snapped Shuyin, “What do you want?”

“Me?!” Seymour replied, feigning innocence, “I just want what any man wants. I want my wife back. I want my life back.”

“What does taking LeBlanc hostage have to do with anything?” demanded Nooj.

Rikku nodded fiercely, “Yeah! How’d you get here anyway?!”

“One question at a time please!” Seymour requested, pacing in front of them slowly and then making his way to LeBlanc, lifting her roughly from the floor to stand next to him, “I was brought back. I walked through the front door and I killed the guards protecting her. I need her to seal the deal I made with the person who brought me back. Once I deliver her safely, then I’ll be a permanent resident of Spiran society again.”

“Nobody would help you.” Spat Yuna, “You’re a murderer…”

Shuyin frowned, wondering where Yuna was getting that from. Seymour was definitely evil; he could feel that in his bones, but a murderer? That seemed a little harsh. He remembered all the wonderful things Tromell had said about Seymour in comparison with his father, Jyscal.

Jyscal…

"We saw Jyscal's sphere."

"You killed him."

"What of it? Lady Yuna, certainly you knew of these things, did you not? Well then, why have you come here?"

"I came...I came to stop you!"

"I see. You came to punish me, then. What a pity. Ah, of course. Protect the summoner even at the cost of one's life." The Code of the Guardian." How admirable. Well, if you're offering your lives, I will have to take them."

"Maester Seymour. I trust my guardians with my life. But they are also my friends. I will not stand by and watch them be hurt. I will fight you, too!"

"All right!"

"Maester Seymour!"

"So be it."

Shuyin staggered back slightly, his mind reeling from the sudden onslaught of memories that weren’t his. What was going on? Why was he remembering this now? Was Tidus trying to warn him, or was it something else? He felt the sword slap at his thigh and his mind flashed to the final time the group had seen Seymour alive, just as Tidus had shoved a sword into his gut.

"Yuna...you would pity me now?"

"Lord Seymour! What happened here?"

"What...what have I done?"

"Wait a minute! It's not our fault at all! Seymour struck first! He's the bad guy!"

"You did this?"

"Yuna. Send him."

"No, stop! Stay away from him, traitors!"

Shuyin hadn’t even heard half of the talk the group had engaged in with Seymour. He didn’t even care. For some reason he knew that Seymour liked to talk and talk and talk and yet never really said anything of importance. Shuyin’s mind kept repeating the same image in his head again and again. Tidus’ sword swallowed up in Seymour’s gut.

Well, it worked the first time. Why not again?

Without a word or a sound, Shuyin pulled the sword from its holster at his side and lunged, slamming it through Seymour’s gut. He waited for a second for Seymour to crumble to the floor in agony, prepared to die for a second time, but the blue haired former maester just stood there, staring down at the sword with a bemused look on his face.

He glanced up with a frown, “Well that wasn’t very nice.”

“Wha…?” came Shuyin’s startled and confused reply as Seymour slowly pulled the sword from his stomach without so much as a wince.

“You can’t kill the dead.” Said Seymour with a wicked grin when, as quick as lightening, he flipped the sword in his hand and penetrated it deep within Shuyin’s stomach. The pain nearly split him in two. He vaguely heard the screams of those around him; Yuna’s being the loudest, as he keeled over onto his back, the force of the fall pushing the sword out of his gut a little and wrenching more pain from his middle. His vision began to blur but he distinctly saw Seymour wrench LeBlanc toward him and rush for the door before anyone had the chance to react. He saw Yuna crying above him, casting spells left and right and was left with the vague feeling that this might be the last time he ever saw her. This might be the end for him.

And then the world went black…

~~~~~~~~~
*eating popcorn*...o.o oh right thats my cew *clears throat* DUN DUN DUUUUUN

Last edited:

redharry123

a wanderer
if you are confussed then i've done my job! ^o^ yay me! BUT FEAR NOT! all confussion will be....urm........uncofussed......o.o.....ya...and if not then.......oops.:D oh and i'd love to give you writing tips some time noezel! ooo fun! NOW ON WITH THE SHOW!...erm....CHAPTER!

Chapter Twenty-Nine: While Visions Of Evil Maesters Danced In His Head

“So…when are you going to explain about Baralai?” asked Rikku, as she peered over Gippal’s shoulder to the landing strip he was aiming toward setting the Celsius on.

Gippal turned his head to look into her eyes, “Later.”

“When later?”

“Much later.”

Rikku pouted at him and made a little whimpering noise, but didn’t push for any further information. She knew better than to push Gippal. He’d tell her when he was ready, but she certainly hoped he would be ready soon. She didn’t know how much longer she was going to be able to wait to find out how long he’s known he was Baralai’s brother and if Baralai knew and how it all came to be.

There were so many things Rikku wanted to say to Gippal. She wanted most of all to apologize for doubting him so many times, but she decided it was best to let the past stay in the past. There was no reason to dredge it up again when they were getting along so well now. Sneaking up behind him, Rikku wrapped her arms around his waist and gave him a tight squeeze and when she felt Gippal’s fingers meshing with her own, she knew he didn’t want her to let go so she didn’t.

“Do you think Tidus woke up?” he asked suddenly, a frown forming on his features, “Is that why Yuna’s taking so long to get down here?”

Rikku shrugged and put her forehead against his back, “I don’t know.” She admitted with a sigh, “but she knows we want her up here so she’ll be here as soon as she can.”

“Yeah…” he replied quietly.

Rikku wanted to keep talking to him. She wanted to find out what was on his mind since it was obvious that he was troubled by something and she didn’t think it had to do with Paine, but she decided to let it wait. They needed to deal with one thing at a time. Rising onto her toes, Rikku planted a soft kiss on the nape of his neck, “You know I’m there for you if you need me, right?”

He turned his head a little and gave her a small smile, “I know.” He replied, “Thanks.”

“What is wrong with me?!” Yuna asked herself in a harsh and hushed whisper as she let the door to the crew’s quarters slam behind her. Her footsteps echoed down the empty hallway leading to the elevator but she barely noticed. Her mind was focused on how she had acted just a few moments ago.

Why was she doing this again?!

Hadn’t she gotten herself into enough of a situation with Gippal?!

“I’m just stupid. That’s all there is to it.” She decided as she entered the elevator, “There’s no other explanation.”

In fact, it did seem like the logical conclusion. She was acting out and rushing into the arms of other men all so that she could avoid the question that seemed to perpetuate these actions. Did she really love Tidus at all? That question had plagued her on and off again during their separations. She couldn’t help but wonder briefly if the thrill of their adventure together had made her think she loved him. Her sudden lust for Gippal was another thing that made her question it, but it was her undeniable connection with Shuyin that was really straining her mind. Shuyin was the one that the fayth had destined her for but a twist of fate had sent Tidus to her instead. Now Shuyin was back and she couldn’t help but wonder if being with him is what the fayth would want her to do.

She groaned…

Nonetheless, no matter what the fayth wanted it was her heart she had to follow. She just wasn’t sure where it was leading her. Tidus was her poster-child for tender, sweet love until recently when he’d beaten her until she bled. Shuyin was her poster-child for mentally disturbed psycho-killer until recently when he’d shown her a side of himself she hadn’t seen in 1000 years.

In fact, she hadn’t acted like such a hopeless tramp around him in 1000 years. Not since their first date when she’d tried to jump him in her living room and he’d politely turned her down.

The elevator dinged when it reached the bridge and Yuna made her way down the hall with her mind still reeling from her sluttish actions just a few moments before. She was determined, however, to put on a brave face when she saw her friends. They would flip if they knew what she had just tried to do.

“Where are you going to land?” she asked as she made her way down the six steps that led to the main floor of the bridge.

Rikku pointed toward a section of the Moonflow that was unused by anything but the Shoopufs, “He’s gonna park her there so we can walk to Guadosalam.”

“Sounds good.”

Her cousin released her grip on Gippal’s elbow and meandered toward Yuna with a question on her lips, “Is sleeping beauty awake?”

Yuna nodded, “Yeah, and I finished healing his hand so he’s good to go.”

“I don’t know why you healed it when he beat you up.”

“It’s Shuyin,” Yuna clarified, “not Tidus.”

“Him again?!” Rikku squealed with an exasperation heavily lacing her voice. She yanked sharply on her hair with both hands and moaned, “What is up with that? Did you ask him about the other guy? Does he know what Tidus did? Details!!”

“I don’t know what’s up with that.” Yuna answered, “I didn’t tell him about the third person. He knows what Tidus did but only by guessing.”

“Big giant bruises on her cheeks kinda gave it away.” Came the blitzer’s voice from the landing. If Yuna hadn’t known better, she could have let herself be convinced that Tidus was standing there talking to them. When she had last seen Shuyin he had been wearing the clothes Tidus had put on after waking up in Besaid – faded jeans and a white t-shirt that said, “Yuna defeated Sin and all I got was this stupid T-Shirt.”. She had laughed when Wakka had bought it during the Calm and had laughed even harder when he insisted on getting the size that was obviously too small for him. Lulu had told him he’d gotten fat but Wakka didn’t believe it until the shirt clung to every roll on his pudgy belly and had ended up with a permanent home in the closet. Now, though, Shuyin was wearing the standard Tidus clothes and had even found the old sword Wakka had given him at the start of her pilgrimage. She thought she had lost that after…

Yuna glanced down at her wrists and then guiltily looked away again. No need to dwell on the past. What’s past is past and that’s all that mattered anyway. She smiled at Shuyin and opened her mouth to speak when Rikku beat her to it, “Where’d you find that sword?” she asked, her eyes narrowing suspiciously, “You’re not planning on killing us all are you?”

Shuyin rolled his eyes at her, “Even if I was, do you honestly think I’d be honest about it?” and when Rikku didn’t respond, he nodded, “No, I’m not going to kill you. I just found it in the closet where I found these clothes and they seemed to go together so I went ahead and put it all on.”

“You’re wearing Tidus clothes, ya know.” Snipped Rikku, waving a hand in the air as she spoke, “Who are you trying to kid anyway?”

“Nobody.” He replied, “I just found them and put them on. I didn’t really think about it.”

“Maybe you should have.” Came Gippal’s biting retort from the control panel. He hadn’t even bothered turning around to look at Shuyin.

Yuna put her hands up to placate the growing tension, “Look, maybe this is a good thing.” She stated, looking from each person slowly before continuing, “The Guado don’t know about Shuyin. This way we don’t have to answer questions and we can just focus on finding out what happened with the Farplane.”

“You can’t honestly be suggesting that he pretend to be Tidus?!” shrieked Rikku, her eyes wide with surprise, “Yunie…!”

“He’s done it before.” Replied Yuna, “and we all know he’s good at it. Besides, it won’t be forever. Just while we’re in Guadosalam. It’ll just make things easier.”

Gippal grunted, “I suppose you’re right.” He said but quickly added, “Just don’t expect me to pretend that ass is my friend.”

Shuyin smirked devilishly and whispered to Yuna, “Don’t you love it how they talk like I’m not here…”

“I wish you weren’t.” snipped Rikku as she sauntered back to Gippal and kept her small nose in the air while Gippal landed the plane on the Moonflow.

LeBlanc didn’t know if she should be grateful to still be alive or eternally regretful that she wasn’t given a quick death. However, tied by the wrists to the railing in the entryway wasn’t exactly the most comfortable thing. Yet, she wasn’t prepared to face the wrath of the once alive, then dead, now alive again former Maester of Yevon. He was sitting with this back from her on a chair not far from her simply staring at the portrait of his father. She couldn’t see his face, but considering that Yuna told her he had killed him, she assumed the expression was one of contempt.

She briefly wondered what he wanted her for and then quickly squashed the idea. He had killed Logos, Ormi, and her best Fem-Goon. He was going to kill her. She just wondered why he hadn’t done it already.

“I’ll bring her to you.” Seymour suddenly said and LeBlanc realized he hadn’t been staring at Jyscal at all. He was talking to someone, “So the exchange is still on? Her for my bride. Excellent. I’ll bring her to you now.” He turned and fixed his eyes on LeBlanc and a slow and leisurely grin spread on his features, “The plans have been made, my dear. You’re no longer my concern now.”

As he reached for her, LeBlanc tried to hide her face behind her arms, “P…p…please don’t h….h…hurt me.”

“Hurt you?” asked Seymour as he pulled back and looked at her as if trying to see if she was joking, “If I hurt you then the deal I’ve made is off. I’m going to deliver you to someone who will take great delight in hurting you.”

“Please don’t…” LeBlanc begged as he untied her, but kept a firm grip on her hands with his long fingers, “I…If you want Yuna. I know where she is…”

Seymour stopped and stared at her, “How do you know that I want Yuna?”

“Y…you said your…your bride. You married Yuna…”

He nodded, “I’m impressed.” He said, but then he shrugged and pulled her along again, “She’s with her lover, I’m sure, and the only way to get her away from him is to make the trade for you.”

Seymour reached for the front door and cracked it open, wanting to see if he could sneak out as he had snuck in, by pulling the hood over his head and moving quickly out the front of Guadosalam. The coast seemed clear initially as he lifted the hood but then he cursed his bad luck. He saw Nooj descending from the Farplane platform after waving to someone and Seymour’s eyes followed his line of vision and saw his bride, her lover, the sissy little blonde girl, and…

“Gippal Liton…” he muttered to himself.

“You know Gippal?”

Seymour shot her a look to silence her and then shut the door, replying with a whisper, “I gave him one simple task and he didn’t do it. Maybe I could get revenge on him while I’m at it…”

“I’m glad you guys are here.” Nooj said as he met the quartet at the base of the Farplane platform, “I haven’t been able to figure anything out on my own. The Guado are busy trying to re-establish stability and haven’t been much help. I’m just glad to have some more eyes looking this over.”

“Where’s LeBlanc?” asked Yuna, “Why isn’t she helping?”

“I told her to stay in the mansion. I’d rather know she’s safe and sound with the Syndicate. It’s one less thing I have to worry about.”

“Makes sense.” Gippal admitted, nudging Rikku, “I kinda like the idea of that myself.”

She frowned, “You are not going to make me stay away from this. I can take care of myself, mister!”

Nooj smiled a little and then connected eyes with Shuyin, “Which one are you today?”

“Shuyin…” he replied quietly, “but I’m undercover as Tidus.”

“Why?”

Yuna replied, “I thought it’d be easier than trying to explain to all of Guadosalam what was going on.”

“Make sense…”

“Oh, Sir Tidus. It is you!” came a voice from across the Farplane. Shuyin turned his head and saw a rather tall Guado coming toward him at a quick pace. His skin was a pale shade of green and he looked generally like an alien – much like the rest of the Guado Shuyin had seen in his lifetime.

He felt Yuna nudge him slightly as the man closed the distance between their bodies. She leaned her head to him and whispered, “That’s…”

“Tromell…?” the name came to Shuyin out of nowhere, but he knew he was right even before the man smiled happily at being remembered.

He knew this guy.

"We have been expecting you, Lady Yuna. Welcome to Guadosalam. This way, my lady. This way."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!"

"Oh, I beg your pardon. I am called Tromell Guado. I am in the direct service of our leader, the great Seymour Guado. Lord Seymour has very important business with Lady Yuna."

"Business with me? Whatever could it be, I wonder?"

"Please, come inside the manor. All will be explained. Of course, your friends are also welcome."

“It’s so good to know you remember me, Sir Tidus.” Tromell was saying when Shuyin’s mind stopped wandering and returned to the conversation. The Guado was grinning broadly, “Lady Yuna was very sad with you missing, but I had heard you had once again returned to Spira and we are happy to see the lady is smiling again.”

Shuyin smiled back at the Guado, “It’s good to see you too, Tromell. It’s been too long.”

“Well, I must return to my post and help with the Farplane situation.” Tromell said, squeezing Shuyin’s hand tightly, “It was very good to see you again, my lord. Lady Yuna, a pleasure as always.”

He felt Yuna’s questioning gaze on him and turned to her as she whispered, “How did you know his name?”

Shuyin shrugged, “I’m not sure…I just did.” He paused and bit his lip, “Who’s…Seymour? Why does Tromell and that name seem to fit together in my head somehow?”

“Seymour is a bad guy.” Replied Rikku, “Much like you are.”

“Rikku…” Yuna reprimanded her cousin before turning back to Shuyin, “It’s a long story about Seymour. I’ll explain later. But…suffice it to say, he was one of the bad guys.”

"Truly, it is good to have guests again. Since Lord Jyscal passed away, these halls have been too quiet."

"The death of Lord Jyscal was a great loss for all of Spira."

"Was this Maester Jyscal really such a great guy?"

"He brought the teachings of Yevon to the Guado. He was truly a great man."

"Truly, a loss for us all. But now a new leader, Lord Seymour, has come before us. Lord Seymour is the child of a Guado and a human. He will be the tie that binds our two races together. But that is not all, I think. Lord Seymour...He will surely become the shining star that lights the way for all the peoples of Spira."

"That is enough, Tromell."

Shuyin squinted against the sudden memory in his head, “Are you sure he’s a bad guy? He was supposed to be the tie that binds…” he stopped and shook his head, “Never mind. I think I’m losing it.”

“We can discuss everything in more depth at the chateau.” Nooj suggested, “I promised LeBlanc I’d be back twenty minutes ago. She’s probably going to kill me so I’ll need protection.”

Shuyin’s mind was running a mile a minute as he walked with the group down to the chateau door, but even still he instantly noticed the front door shut quickly and a sense of dread went up his spine. He fingered the sword at his side and watched closely for more signs of movement but there were none and none of the others seemed to notice.

Maybe he was losing it…

“Hopefully she won’t be too mad.” Said Nooj as he twisted the knob and pulled, but the door didn’t open. He jiggled the handled and tried again. Still nothing. Frowning, he pounded a fist against the door three times, “LeBlanc…I know I’m late but that’s no reason to lock me out. Everybody is here. Let us in!”

When there was no answer, Shuyin grasped the handle of the sword tighter in his hands. Gippal went with Nooj and called in to LeBlanc but there was still no answer. Before Shuyin knew it, everybody was pounding and shouting but there was no answer from the inside except for silence.

Until…

A muffled scream came from just behind the window. Shuyin was at first convinced that only he had heard it, but then he noticed Nooj’s head perked up and he put an ear to the door. The cry came again this time, louder and more defiant.

“LeBlanc!” shouted Nooj, slamming his good side into the door with all his strength, “Are you all right?! LeBlanc!!”

Without really thinking about what he was doing, Shuyin strode forward and ushered the others away from the door. He pulled the sword from its position holstered at his hip and jammed the blade between the doorstop and the door itself and twisted. It gave just enough for him to pry the door open the rest of the way with his fingers.

The group poured into the entranceway. LeBlanc was tied hands and feet on the floor with a sock stuffed in her mouth. Nooj made a move toward her, but Shuyin stopped him with a hand when he saw something moving from the landing above their heads.

Not something…

Someone…

“Hello, Lady Yuna.” Came the voice from above them in the shadowed area. Yuna visibly trembled at the sound and Rikku let out a muted gasp. The figure stepped into the light slowly, inch by inch, until he was totally revealed. Tall, muscular, blue hair and tattoos over his body. Shuyin had never seen him before and yet he instinctively knew who he was.

Seymour Guado…

“My dear lady Yuna.” Seymour said, coming slowly down the stairs toward them. Yuna took a step back and hid herself behind the safety of Shuyin’s arm, gripping his elbow tightly, “I had thought I’d have to wait for quite a while to see my darling wife.”

Shuyin turned his head at Yuna, “You’re married…?”

"Lady Yuna, we've been expecting you. We were surprised you decided to come so soon. Pleasantly surprised, of course. Lord Seymour sends his apologies for having left without notice."

"It's quite all right. I have one question, if I may, sir."

"My lady?"

"I want to keep journeying, even if I marry. Do you think that Maester Seymour would let me?"

"But of course, my lady. Lord Seymour wishes nothing else, I'm sure."

He stopped and frowned, “I knew that…”

Turning his attentions back to Seymour, Shuyin found himself staring into the eyes of a man with a smirk of arrogance plastered on his face, “Just a little confused there, Tidus?” he asked, leaning in close to him and staring in to his eyes. As he did so, the smile faded and was replaced with one of quiet musing, “…not Tidus…interesting…so the rumors were true…”

“Rumors?” came Yuna’s question, speaking for the first time since seeing Seymour.

“Yes, my lady. Rumors floated amongst the evil-doers in the Farplane. Rumors that a victim of Bevelle was determined to destroy Spira.” He smiled back at Shuyin, “It did my heart good to know that there was still evil ruling the planet.”

“I’m not evil.

“I know that.” Replied Seymour smugly, “If you were you wouldn’t be with this motley crew of do-gooders. You just have some…” he pointed to his head, “…issues.”

“Never mind that.” Snapped Shuyin, “What do you want?”

“Me?!” Seymour replied, feigning innocence, “I just want what any man wants. I want my wife back. I want my life back.”

“What does taking LeBlanc hostage have to do with anything?” demanded Nooj.

Rikku nodded fiercely, “Yeah! How’d you get here anyway?!”

“One question at a time please!” Seymour requested, pacing in front of them slowly and then making his way to LeBlanc, lifting her roughly from the floor to stand next to him, “I was brought back. I walked through the front door and I killed the guards protecting her. I need her to seal the deal I made with the person who brought me back. Once I deliver her safely, then I’ll be a permanent resident of Spiran society again.”

“Nobody would help you.” Spat Yuna, “You’re a murderer…”

Shuyin frowned, wondering where Yuna was getting that from. Seymour was definitely evil; he could feel that in his bones, but a murderer? That seemed a little harsh. He remembered all the wonderful things Tromell had said about Seymour in comparison with his father, Jyscal.

Jyscal…

"We saw Jyscal's sphere."

"You killed him."

"What of it? Lady Yuna, certainly you knew of these things, did you not? Well then, why have you come here?"

"I came...I came to stop you!"

"I see. You came to punish me, then. What a pity. Ah, of course. Protect the summoner even at the cost of one's life." The Code of the Guardian." How admirable. Well, if you're offering your lives, I will have to take them."

"Maester Seymour. I trust my guardians with my life. But they are also my friends. I will not stand by and watch them be hurt. I will fight you, too!"

"All right!"

"Maester Seymour!"

"So be it."

Shuyin staggered back slightly, his mind reeling from the sudden onslaught of memories that weren’t his. What was going on? Why was he remembering this now? Was Tidus trying to warn him, or was it something else? He felt the sword slap at his thigh and his mind flashed to the final time the group had seen Seymour alive, just as Tidus had shoved a sword into his gut.

"Yuna...you would pity me now?"

"Lord Seymour! What happened here?"

"What...what have I done?"

"Wait a minute! It's not our fault at all! Seymour struck first! He's the bad guy!"

"You did this?"

"Yuna. Send him."

"No, stop! Stay away from him, traitors!"

Shuyin hadn’t even heard half of the talk the group had engaged in with Seymour. He didn’t even care. For some reason he knew that Seymour liked to talk and talk and talk and yet never really said anything of importance. Shuyin’s mind kept repeating the same image in his head again and again. Tidus’ sword swallowed up in Seymour’s gut.

Well, it worked the first time. Why not again?

Without a word or a sound, Shuyin pulled the sword from its holster at his side and lunged, slamming it through Seymour’s gut. He waited for a second for Seymour to crumble to the floor in agony, prepared to die for a second time, but the blue haired former maester just stood there, staring down at the sword with a bemused look on his face.

He glanced up with a frown, “Well that wasn’t very nice.”

“Wha…?” came Shuyin’s startled and confused reply as Seymour slowly pulled the sword from his stomach without so much as a wince.

“You can’t kill the dead.” Said Seymour with a wicked grin when, as quick as lightening, he flipped the sword in his hand and penetrated it deep within Shuyin’s stomach. The pain nearly split him in two. He vaguely heard the screams of those around him; Yuna’s being the loudest, as he keeled over onto his back, the force of the fall pushing the sword out of his gut a little and wrenching more pain from his middle. His vision began to blur but he distinctly saw Seymour wrench LeBlanc toward him and rush for the door before anyone had the chance to react. He saw Yuna crying above him, casting spells left and right and was left with the vague feeling that this might be the last time he ever saw her. This might be the end for him.

And then the world went black…

~~~~~~~~~
*eating popcorn*...o.o oh right thats my cew *clears throat* DUN DUN DUUUUUN

SoRaBhK_dUdE

YEAH, I'M BACK!!!!! If you're wondering why I've been away for so long, it's bacause I had an essay test,a math test A LOT of homework and I got lazy. I need to catch up on reading this awesome story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back