• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Since 3D was supposed to teach Sora and Riku to fight 'the right way'...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

billyzanesucks

I wonder how they'll justify returning to the Command Menu in this game. I can't imagine that they'd simply ignore the Command Deck completely. My guess is that several of the commands will be brought back in a different way.Thoughts?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Like the canon joke but it really misleads. I swear I thought I was gonna have to talk about how they changed it to learning the secret power or something.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I know Nomura said they were aiming more for the classic command menu, but it feels so obsolete after having the command deck for three games.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, didn't Nomura say something along the way that they'll use that system (KH2/Command Menu) as the core/base system and then go out from there?
That doesn't have to mean that we will get a system too similar to KH 2 in the end for KH3.

It would be weird if they went through all this effort and experiment with the command deck for so long for it to be nearly scrapped as an end result.

Maybe they'll do something and split up the whole issue so that special attacks like Sonic Blade, Salvation or Time Splicer, Magic and Items are handled separately from each other instead of being in the same "deck".
They could for example go with the special attacks the old route with it costing AP to to equip them but instead of just randomly adding them as finishers, you have to do actual button sequences with different buttons to perform those attacks and you cannot spam them because depending on the AP cost they still have an own cooldown phase.
Bonus points if you can decrease the cooldown phase if you perform different actions and/or more interactive/creative ways to finish off enemies.

AlbertJ

Awards
Story-wise, we never played as the real Sora and Riku with the command deck. It was the dream world versions of themselves in 3D and Data Sora in Re:coded. It would make sense for it to be incorporated to a smaller extent since they both did learn how to use it during the exam, but the core of the battle system should still be the action menu. I think it works better for Sora that way and it will feel like a more natural progression. I am personally not a fan of the command deck but I do think that they should have it in there to an extent.

State

Awards
Didn't Nomura say he was thinking of a balance between command menu and command deck? I could have sworn I read that somewhere...

TheSupremeFace

The power they learned was to awaken a heart from sleep, this power will probably be used to wake ventus, and it'll somehow be connected to freeing Aqua from the Dark Realm.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Didn't Nomura say he was thinking of a balance between command menu and command deck? I could have sworn I read that somewhere...

He mentioned using the kh1/2 system as the "core", not sure about the rest but I take it to mean he plans to incorporate a little of something from every other title into it in some way.

Vasquez

Awards
I always the the command deck was clunky..but after playing the games some ore that probably was due to the clunkyness of the actual controls on handhelds. I recognize that the command deck gives the player more input they want to play and form strategies.

It should work very well on a console controller if they tweak it correctly.

I really hope some form of flow motion returns, though.

State

Awards
I really hope some form of flow motion returns, though.
I think there's a glimpse of it in the trailer (can't say for sure). But Nomura expressed that he's delighted with how Flowmotion turned out to be and wanted to keep the idea going (like command decks).

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think there's a glimpse of it in the trailer (can't say for sure). But Nomura expressed that he's delighted with how Flowmotion turned out to be and wanted to keep the idea going (like command decks).

ugh I'm probably in a minority but I'd rather he not bring it back.

State

Awards
ugh I'm probably in a minority but I'd rather he not bring it back.

It made things a bit easier, but it can be regulated (and from the looks of the trailer, that could be the case). What I'm speculating, though, is that KH games that aren't part of the main line will feature different gameplay mechanics, while the mainstream titles will feature the original ones since KHs 1 & 2 and bits of the "spinoffs".

Gram

Banned
Awards
It made things a bit easier, but it can be regulated (and from the looks of the trailer, that could be the case). What I'm speculating, though, is that KH games that aren't part of the main line will feature different gameplay mechanics, while the mainstream titles will feature the original ones since KHs 1 & 2 and bits of the "spinoffs".

It can be regulated but I'd still rather do without.
Going from his decision to use kh2's system as the "core" I'd say your speculation is right, at least up till the end of xehanorts saga.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I just hope that KH3's combat is a perfect blend of 1, 2, and BBS. I really loved the system of combining your stuff to make even more powerful moves in BBS.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I just hope that KH3's combat is a perfect blend of 1, 2, and BBS. I really loved the system of combining your stuff to make even more powerful moves in BBS.

I think I'd like to have it a blend of 1 and recoded. BBS was awesome but I enjoyed codeds system more.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I think I'd like to have it a blend of 1 and recoded. BBS was awesome but I enjoyed codeds system more.

I mostly just enjoyed the music that played every time you added new equipment in Re:coded, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back