• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Small Update: Nintendo Ibérica decides not to distribute DDD in Spain.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The Blog entry of the Product Information about Dream Drop Distance has updated:

Product Information for KINGDOM HEARTS 3D [updated] | SQUARE ENIX

Apparently, due to the announcement that the spanish and italian subtitles would be excluded, Nintendo Ibérica has announced not to distribute the game in Spain at all.

Square Enix Europe apologizes for the huge disappointment, although if one looks at the comments the fans don't seem to be very forgiving.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
SE really shot themselves in the foot with this one. :( Why are they holding back the entire game? I mean, at least let the Spanish who can speak English have access to the game.
Not only is SE's pocket going to feel less heavy... the poor Spanish fans don't even get their game. I wonder if SE might consider putting in Spanish subs if Nintendo Iberica agrees to distribute the game there.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
SE really shot themselves in the foot with this one. :( Why are they holding back the entire game? I mean, at least let the Spanish who can speak English have access to the game.
Not only is SE's pocket going to feel less heavy... the poor Spanish fans don't even get their game. I wonder if SE might reconsider Spanish subs if Nintendo Iberica agrees to distribute the game there.

From what there is written in the article, it seems that the English version of DDD will still be available in Spain through "select retailers", although Square doesn't go into detail exactly where.

I agree with you though, SE really made a mistake there, especially because we also have the 10th Anniversary of the series. There are also sympathetic statements from fans of France and Germany, who are the only ones besides UK to get the game at least with Subtitles in their language.
On a broader note many European fans as a whole seem to feel treated like "second class"-fans because except France with some Keychains no one gets anything to celebrate the 10th Anniversary, with the Spaniards and Italians getting the shortest stick of all.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It's really unfair, and I empathize with the fans in Spain. So, for all of us who are getting the game, we should count ourselves lucky.

Sorax 122

OMG, i feel so bad for Spain. Especially so close to the release date. I don't know what I would do if I had been waiting for DDD for so long and suddenly Square was like nope.

España, espero que Square sea mas simpático en el futuro. :)

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
From what there is written in the article, it seems that the English version of DDD will still be available in Spain through "select retailers", although Square doesn't go into detail exactly where.
Well, at least parts of the country will get it, I think. But it still really sucks.

On a broader note many European fans as a whole seem to feel treated like "second class"-fans because except France with some Keychains no one gets anything to celebrate the 10th Anniversary, with the Spaniards and Italians getting the shortest stick of all.
Yeah, Japan and the U.S are spoiled. :( It makes me feel bad. Like I said before, I hope they at least get KH3 related stuff. Hey, maybe, if an HD collection is announced, you guys might get that before us. DDD's coming out in Europe before the U.S, right?
But I always wondered why a lot of gaming companies focus so much on the U.S and Japan and practically ignore Europe when it comes to the extras and even some more important things. It seems that there are just as many fans there as there are here in America.

Sorax 122

I'm not even fluent in Spanish and I looked at the comments, and, despite the fact that I couldn't tell most of what they were saying... well, they're pissed.
I hope they at least get KH3 in the future.

Yeah, I went and read like the first ten comments, and yeah..... they basically want to push Square Enix into the ocean.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I really feel sorry for the European fans. They do get the rough end of things, and this is truly heartbreaking.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Has Square Enix lost their minds? This is absolutely stupid. KH3D should be available to all KH fans in all countries, considering how important this game is for KH3.

Katsagu

Awards
Really? Poor spain :eek: I hope they dont do the same in Portugal -_-

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, at least parts of the country will get it, I think. But it still really sucks.

Yeah, Japan and the U.S are spoiled. :( It makes me feel bad. Like I said before, I hope they at least get KH3 related stuff. Hey, maybe, if an HD collection is announced, you guys might get that before us. DDD's coming out in Europe before the U.S, right?
But I always wondered why a lot of gaming companies focus so much on the U.S and Japan and practically ignore Europe when it comes to the extras and even some more important things. It seems that there are just as many fans there as there are here in America.

The most important reasons from Square's side are to over 95% business decisions.
The focus on Japan and US is bigger because they only have to do one localization each.
Japanese for Japan and English for US.

While Europe may have a bigger populace with around 500 million compared to the US with 300 million, there are many different languages which increase localization cost.

Still, this constant ignorance about Europe (and not to forget Australia gets that partly as well) is really somewhat annoying when looking at it emotionally. Businesswise though, I can sadly understand why they do this.

I really feel sorry for the European fans. They do get the rough end of things, and this is truly heartbreaking.

Yeah, thanks. ;_;
I have a feeling that this will end worse than the "Re: CoM"-incident.
You have no idea how grateful I am that at least we here in Germany get the game itself at all. I pre-ordered my copy (and the Bradygames Guide as Import from the US) of the regular game version this weekend.
The clerk in the store encouraged me to reserve the game already because this close to Release it's very unlikely/near impossible that something for the 10th Anniversary will be announced at all.

Has Square Enix lost their minds? This is absolutely stupid. KH3D should be available to all KH fans in all countries, considering how important this game is for KH3.

It's not really Square though who decided this, it is Nintendo Ibérica, the spanish branch of Nintendo.
On a side note, it could have to do with many spanish fans announcing they wouldn't buy the game if it's in English (the "boycott"-stuff popping up around the net), so Nintendo Ibérica decided it would not be worth the effort if the fans don't accept the English version of the game.
That's just an assumption on my part though.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
It's not really Square though who decided this, it is Nintendo Ibérica, the spanish branch of Nintendo.
On a side note, it could have to do with many spanish fans announcing they wouldn't buy the game if it's in English (the "boycott"-stuff popping up around the net), so Nintendo Ibérica decided it would not be worth the effort if the fans don't accept the English version of the game.
That's just an assumption on my part though.

Yeah this is what I was going to point out...everyone is just blaming Square when half the problem is Nintendo as well...I mean its partially Square's fault for not translating it in the first place, but then Nintendo went and made it worse. And I honestly thought the same thing, too, about all of their petitions to boycott the game. I know I said those would have the opposite effect they wanted, but I wasn't expecting this to happen.

Last edited:

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Getting a game not to come to one country is one thing, but if Spain begins to send death threats, well it won't be pretty. Sorry for Spain's loss, but I hope they handle it with getting a series being meantioned on the news.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
When they announced that it wouldn't be localised, people were sending threats to SE saying that they won't ever play a KH game ever again. I wonder how they're taking it now...

Maybe Nintendo Ibérica didn't want it in Spain because they thought there would be no point? Being as it's not in Spanish.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Maybe Nintendo Ibérica didn't want it in Spain because they thought there would be no point? Being as it's not in Spanish.
However it's still being sold in Italy at this point, despite it not being in Italian.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Had Nintendo decided not to region lock the 3DS for whatever dumb reason, they could have at least played it through import.

Though I dunno, the UK or French version will probably work in a 3DS bought in Spain.

Cherryjuice

Though I dunno, the UK or French version will probably work in a 3DS bought in Spain.
It will. :)

Sorry to hear that. It hurts to see how SE und Nintendo seem to be really pessimistic about the game doing well in Europe (or certain parts of Europe). Thinking how mad I was that we didn't get a CE or a preorder-bonus or anything at all for the anniversary, I should be truly glad that I get to play the game at all. This could have well been another Re:CoM with the 3DS being regionlocked and all...
Happy 10th anniversary, Europe!
Not. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back