• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Smile

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
Smile
On my face,
a small curve,
so bright,
so radiant.

What a farce.

Another layer,
a mask of
ideals
forced
through sheer will.

Perhaps if you,
or perhaps you can't,
try to enter me,

You can see:
The darkness in my heart;
The resignation in my sighs;
The cloudiness of my mind;
The empty space my soul should be.

But you cannot.

And therefore,
all I can do
is smile,
just smile.

This is probably one of the first poems I wrote; I wasn't a fan of writing poems up until I realise their awesomeness this year.

And no, I don't believe in rhyming of poems. Poem rhyming is for idiots. If you want a rhyme poem I'll throw out my poem called Stigma which is literally having almost all words beginning with S and hardly makes sense unless you're a literary master.

And apparently, neither do I believe in poem structure. Screw poem structure. Every poem has its own unique structure as far as all the good poems I've seen (by professional poets) have wrote anyway.

I began writing poems to push out the emotions that plagued me when I got rejected for my school's Student Council... It's been working out pretty fine. This was one of the poems I wrote when I was really super depressed. And I still feel sad reading it, because I still am like that.

A very straightforward poem compared to some of my others. This one I was more interested in stuffing in emotions than to make it more philosophical.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm really liking this writing style. the cut-offs of each line adds a great effect, and it's quite a cute poem, as well. So, for it being one of your first poems in a while or so, I quite like it, a lot :3.

Keep at it ^^

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
I'm obviously not a professional poet if I only began writing...

And I'm not that great. I just don't mindlessly take prose and line break it into 50 different lines like what I see some people in this forum doing. Cause that just isn't poetry.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Tis is true. Even though this appears to be "professional" poetry, it is just words on paper. however, it still has a very great meaning, and that is what makes it good :3.

Oriax

I love how you go from the smile, to what the smile is hiding. It gave a whole new meaning to the poem.
Great job and I hope to see more of your poems :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back