• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, about that MX's Nobody...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
There's no "it took a while" process. If there was, you may as well just say that Braig turned into a Heartless as a result of MX's keyblade, which should technically be impossible. Heartless are born as a result of hearts being taken over by darkness, to which that has nothing to do with heart extraction. Whatever the case was, if and however Braig became a Heartless, it couldn't have been around the time of his heart extraction.

iLeen

Awards
Finally found it! Here is an interview with Nomura from KHII concerning Ansem's six apprentices Heartless:

-When was the XIII Organization founded?
Nomura: The timing is when Philosopher Ansem’s 6 disciples turned into Heartless. The XIII Organization is called like that just because it has recruited 13 members, but it doesn’t matter if it has “XIII” in its name or not. All 13 members were already gathered in KH:COM but the members that were in Castle Oblivion still called it as the “Organization.”

So yes, they all produced both Nobodies AND Heartless (eventually).

Edit: Forgot to include this...

-Besides Xehanort, did the other 5 disciples that turned into Heartless disappear?
Nomura: Not really disappear but more like they’re somewhere else as normal Heartless. Xehanort was about the only one who was able to keep a human form.

iLeen

Awards
There's no "it took a while" process. If there was, you may as well just say that Braig turned into a Heartless as a result of MX's keyblade, which should technically be impossible. Heartless are born as a result of hearts being taken over by darkness, to which that has nothing to do with heart extraction. Whatever the case was, if and however Braig became a Heartless, it couldn't have been around the time of his heart extraction.

Sorry, I worded my sentence kind of funny. What I believe (and this may not be true) is that the six apprentices of Ansem became Heartless/Nobodies during the first cutscene shown in 3D. What I meant when I said "it takes a while to become a Heartless" was that it wasn't shown immediately that they became a Heartless, so it "took a while" (and by a while, I mean not a huge gap in time, but it probably happens off screen after the first 3D cutscene, which meant it took at least a few seconds for Heartless appearance to happen)

Sorry if I still don't make sense. Writing isn't my best subjectXD (yes, English is my first language. I just suck at writing. That's why I'm an engineer:p )

Nayru's Love

Awards
Few seconds or not, the body would have already disappeared, but not as a result of becoming a Heartless.

The point of the whole Heartless/Nobody correlation is that becoming a Heartless was originally the only way of discarding your body from the Realm of Light. Obviously, that's changed. Nobodies are supposed to be beings of Nothingness born from strong hearts being imprinted on them. I don't think you need to become a Heartless to leave an impression on your body.

Sorry if I still don't make sense. Writing isn't my best subjectXD (yes, English is my first language. I just suck at writing. That's why I'm an engineer:p )
Oh don't worry, I understood you fine. :)

iLeen

Awards
Few seconds or not, the body would have already disappeared, but not as a result of becoming a Heartless.

The point of the whole Heartless/Nobody correlation is that becoming a Heartless was originally the only way of discarding your body from the Realm of Light. Obviously, that's changed. Nobodies are supposed to be beings of Nothingness born from strong hearts being imprinted on them. I don't think you need to become a Heartless to leave an impression on your body.

Aa, I think I understand what you're saying. Sorry, I'm kind of slow tooXD I can see it going as a Nobody existing without its Heartless counterpart. That would actually be pretty interesting if MX had a Nobody.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

They were obviously in the process of becoming Heartless since their hearts were succumbing to darkness. Nomura spit it out clearly that they became Heartless, and that is what actually causes a strong heart to leave an imprint on the body and soul causing it to develop a will on its own and eventually receive the memories of the original person: The will to continue on living despite the heart being swallowed by darkness.
That is the whole premise of the entire thing. Becoming a Heartless is what causes the loss of the self and the transfer of the memories to the Nobody which gives it the almost exact same personality as the original person. (I won't rule out that the consciousness gets transferred as well in normal cases, excluding Roxas and Naminé).

MX' consciousness and memories however remained with his heart when he entered Terra, which is proven when he fights the Lingering Sentiment he IS Xehanort, his consciousness controlling Terra's body.

I can see it going as a Nobody existing without its Heartless counterpart. That would actually be pretty interesting if MX had a Nobody.

I would rather say it makes things pretty redundant. Xehanort already has a Nobody: Xemnas. As if we don't have enough "pure" Xehanorts already.
Xigbar, Saix and (possibly) Vanitas are at least different characters at the core.

iLeen

Awards
I would rather say it makes things pretty redundant. Xehanort already has a Nobody: Xemnas. As if we don't have enough "pure" Xehanorts already.
Xigbar, Saix and (possibly) Vanitas are at least different characters at the core.

I consider Xemnas Terranort's Nobody since he is Terra's body. What I'm wondering about is MX's old discarded body.

When MX releases his heart from his body to enter Terra's body, his body just disappears. Same thing happens to Master Eraqus when MX killed him off (and his heart possibly entered Terra). And now that I think about it, Sora's body disappeared when he stabbed himself with the KoPH, which later resulted in Roxas appearing in TT.

Well, Sora's case is different in that he had a Heartless, but it would be interesting to see MX and Master Eraqus have Nobodies created and appear in a different world, similar to how Roxas was born.

Or both their bodies could have just disappeared and will never reappear ever again. That would make things simpleX]

Absolute

I'm wondering why MX came back as his old body instead of Apprentice Xehanort. Since the Xemnas seen in 3D is a past Xemnas, that would mean that terra's body is still missing or not shown. Unless its one of those reasons like MX's body in 3D IS terra's body but with only MX's heart so it morphs Terra's body into a duplicate of MX's body.

Nayru's Love

Awards
They were obviously in the process of becoming Heartless since their hearts were succumbing to darkness. Nomura spit it out clearly that they became Heartless, and that is what actually causes a strong heart to leave an imprint on the body and soul causing it to develop a will on its own and eventually receive the memories of the original person: The will to continue on living despite the heart being swallowed by darkness.
That is the whole premise of the entire thing. Becoming a Heartless is what causes the loss of the self and the transfer of the memories to the Nobody which gives it the almost exact same personality as the original person. (I won't rule out that the consciousness gets transferred as well in normal cases, excluding Roxas and Naminé).

MX' consciousness and memories however remained with his heart when he entered Terra, which is proven when he fights the Lingering Sentiment he IS Xehanort, his consciousness controlling Terra's body.

I see it rather differently. Rather than the will to survive coming directly from a Heartless transformation, I think it comes from the body being rejected from the RoL (or, by extension, the RoD). Through a strong heart, you develop a will to survive. By rejecting your body from the RoL, the body uses that will to become reborn in the RoN.

That being said, if Braig was turning into a Heartless at that point, his heart would have no body to reject because it had already been separated from his body. Braig's heart extraction and Heartless transformation aren't necessarily the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back