• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So about Ventus being pure light...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Namine_x

Sorry, haven't been here in a while. However, I just noticed the first Kingdom Hearts had the concept of the "Princesses of Heart" aka ladies with no darkness in their hearts to taint them. If Ventus is devoid of any darkness in his heart, does that give him the title of "Prince of Heart"? Would there be any significance to this? Any future plot ideas that could be possible with this in mind? Just curious to hear others' thoughts and opinions.

Box_ghost

Technically no. Ven's heart was ripped out ant given form. He then connected his heart to Sora's. So technically, there should be darkness; just not as much as there was before.

Namine_x

Hmm... I still can't help to think what would happen if Ven's heart were to be given back to his body. Would Vanitas be locked inside him as the "remaining darkness"? I thought Vanitas was defeated therefore Ven's extracted heart would remain pure when give back to his body.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Technically no. Ven's heart was ripped out ant given form. He then connected his heart to Sora's. So technically, there should be darkness; just not as much as there was before.

What is this?
Of course Ven's heart was pure light, when his heart was ripped out by Master Xehanort Ven's darkness got extracted completely and a piece of his heart was also cut off to form the core of Vanitas's dark heart.

So the answer is yes, technically, Ventus was the same as the princesses and could be considered a "prince of heart". However, it's not even proven that this title exists and furthermore Ven's pure heart was unnaturally made.

When Sora connected with his injured heart in the beginning Sora didn't give Ven any darkness.

Namine_x said:
Hmm... I still can't help to think what would happen if Ven's heart were to be given back to his body. Would Vanitas be locked inside him as the "remaining darkness"? I thought Vanitas was defeated therefore Ven's extracted heart would remain pure when give back to his body.

Before Ven's heart can be given back to its body it must be healed from the grave wounds the destruction of the x-blade inflicted on it, which was the reason Ven's heart had to plead with Sora to sleep inside his heart.
What happened to Vanitas and by extension the small fragment of Ven's heart that was the core of Vanitas's heart is not completely confirmed.
It could be that after their fight when Vanitas was defeated that Ven re-absorbed the fragment of his heart and therefore got his darkness back (and Vanitas got therefore absorbed too).
Second possibility would be that Vanitas and the part of Ven's heart which was the core of his was fully and utterly destroyed...then there would be no more Vanitas and Ven's heart would indeed still be pure light.
Third possibility would be that Vanitas still exists somehow somewhere and his dark heart is as heavily injured due to the x-blade's destruction as Ven's is.

If Ven's heart would really remain pure this could open up paths to more plotlines in the future, but it is way to early to speculate on this because we don't know what the real status of Ventus is at the moment.

Box_ghost

What is this?
Of course Ven's heart was pure light, when his heart was ripped out by Master Xehanort Ven's darkness got extracted completely and a piece of his heart was also cut off to form the core of Vanitas's dark heart.

So the answer is yes, technically, Ventus was the same as the princesses and could be considered a "prince of heart". However, it's not even proven that this title exists and furthermore Ven's pure heart was unnaturally made.

I meant to say darkness. I said technically no because the PoH's are born with hearts of pure light. Ven wasn't....Born this Way...

When Sora connected with his injured heart in the beginning Sora didn't give Ven any darkness.

That's debateable. A complete heart has light and dark, save for those born of pure light. Sora's heart had darkness in it. Just the way it is.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Well, the PoH never had Darkness to begin with. Ventus, however, did, and his Darkness was given form, a.k.a. Vanitas. So, I would say that's the reason he can't be a PoH. That's a theory though... Or perhaps, what others have said, it could just be because Sora joined hearts with Ven, giving Sora's Darkness to Ven.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, the PoH never had Darkness to begin with. Ventus, however, did, and his Darkness was given form, a.k.a. Vanitas. So, I would say that's the reason he can't be a PoH. That's a theory though... Or perhaps, what others have said, it could just be because Sora joined hearts with Ven, giving Sora's Darkness to Ven.

That's why when looking at the state of Ventus's heart, as it is pure light, he could be treated or called a prince of heart because after MX ripped his heart out his heart is the same as those of the princesses.
However, since Ven's pureness was created unnaturally he would not get the title officially, so it's up to everyone themselves if one wants to call him that because his heart sports the same "traits" like the princesses or if one will just stay with the "similar to the PoHs" because of the artificial making of that pure heart...which besides all that nearly killed him as well.

That Sora gives darkness to Ven is just an assumption pulled out of the blue, no one ever gives at least one slight hint of this, on the contrary, many characters in BBS comment on how full of pure light Ven's heart is.
It's not even a theory because we have absolutely nothing pointing in that direction.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
And let's not forget that it takes a heart of pure light and pure darkness to forge the X-Blade.

Radar

Bronze Member
I still want to know how Evan knew that Ven's heart was "stripped of darkness." He couldnt have just "felt" it, could he?

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I still want to know how Evan knew that Ven's heart was "stripped of darkness." He couldnt have just "felt" it, could he?

Well, he could have felt it. We don't know much about him yet, so maybe there's more to him.

Neptun

wondered about this some time ago, too. I wouldn't be too surprised if Even was one of the seeds sown by Xehanort.

Radar

Bronze Member
wondered about this some time ago, too. I wouldn't be too surprised if Even was one of the seeds sown by Xehanort.
Yeah it really makes you wonder. It seems so much more can be explained about the org. members; somebodies and nobodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back