• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So far namine's hasn't appeared in any of the trailers how come? is her role not that important?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxycian

Awards
I don't remember seeing her in any trailer at all, I know she's in the game cover and I know she's in the full opening trailer but why wasn't she at least showen once? even xion was showen

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Her role must be important enough that Nomura has to keep her hidden I suppose. It may have something to do with restoring Terranort.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
She doesn't have a Keyblade and they don't have any faux danger plot with her like the others, both of which mean she has no value as a character.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
She doesn't have a Keyblade and they don't have any faux danger plot with her like the others, both of which mean she has no value as a character.

She's the only one with value as a character. The rest is fan wank feeding, with the exception of Roxas depending on what it is that he does.

You're going to tell me we spent one whole game with Naminè, she appeared in KH2, she's seen in every other game, with powers literally being in control of Sora's memories and everyone connected to him, with her ability expanding so much that she traced a link to Lingering Will...

Not to mention her connection to data...

And you're going to argue "value"?

chkya7o1d6021.jpg

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
She could have some sort of role in Cable Town now that I think of it. That world is very white and surrounded by the sea, things associated with Namine. If so that would explain why we haven't seen her.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Yeah, this. They can't figure out how to get people to go into all caps on their Twitter feed with her so she's not good trailer material.

The rest is fan wank feeding
I can't tell if you got the point or if you missed it, haha.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Maybe she's the secret weapon used against Xehanort, once he's "norted" all of Sora's friends. Since she has the power to manipulate the hearts and memories of those aligned with Sora, she would theoratically gain access to Xehanort's heart and simply crush it.

Of course it's not going to happen. But she's a character that will be saved, as was confirmed in Blank Points and due to the fact that she's on the cover of KH3. However, she isn't a fighter unlike everyone else so her role will probably be something special. We'll see.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The fact that she hasn't been shown just means there is a big secret surrounding her and that the effects of her role tie deeply into the resolution of certain plot points that we either aren't aware of yet or know of and just don't have the foresight to acknowledge yet.

Namine has always been a particularly special character within the series, maintaining a consistent level of mystery and intrigue around her role. She has been able to discover secrets about Sora that even he was unaware of (the Hurt ones), reached out to hearts that should have been inconceivable to reach out to (Lingering Will).

She singlehandedly can alter Sora's memory and the memories of those connected to Sora. I wouldn't be shocked if there is a point where Sora begins to lose himself, and Namine is there to help. Or even better, plays a major role in the climax in regards to whatever is happening to Kingdom Hearts, Scala ad Caelum, and Xehanort's final goal.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
The fact that she hasn't been shown just means there is a big secret surrounding her and that the effects of her role tie deeply into the resolution of certain plot points that we either aren't aware of yet or know of and just don't have the foresight to acknowledge yet.

Namine has always been a particularly special character within the series, maintaining a consistent level of mystery and intrigue around her role. She has been able to discover secrets about Sora that even he was unaware of (the Hurt ones), reached out to hearts that should have been inconceivable to reach out to (Lingering Will).

She singlehandedly can alter Sora's memory and the memories of those connected to Sora. I wouldn't be shocked if there is a point where Sora begins to lose himself, and Namine is there to help. Or even better, plays a major role in the climax in regards to whatever is happening to Kingdom Hearts, Scala ad Caelum, and Xehanort's final goal.

Thank you. After all, we know from the leaflets that someone (most likely Kairi) wants to bring her back. I’m sure she’ll have a significant role to play. I like that we have at least a few characters we’re kept in the dark about. Those are often the ones that have the most impact in the game itself, like Riku and Roxas in KH2.

drew0512

Awards
If anything, Namine being hidden probably implies that she will in fact play an important role. Plus, she's on the box art, why bother adding her if she will be barely relevant in the game? Especially because she breaks the balance by not being a part of any trio, so Nomura could have easily left her out.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
There haven't been much non-combat story scenes shown anyways so far so I feel it is no surprise we haven't been shown Naminé.

The drawing pad lying beside Kairi on that tree branch while she has ice cream with Lea seems to be at least a reference to her.

Frankly spoken, with the exception of Aqua we haven't really seen anything truly substantial about any of the other original characters not in the Destiny Islands trio at all so far.
What we've seen so far of Xion, Roxas, Terra and Ventus is at most DDD - cameo level, nothing more.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Has everybody forgotten that Namine helped Terra guide Aqua through The Realm of Darkness? Sure, she's not been marketed in any of the trailers, but Merlin hasn't either, and he's the one training Kairi and Lea.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Yeah, this. They can't figure out how to get people to go into all caps on their Twitter feed with her so she's not good trailer material.

I can't tell if you got the point or if you missed it, haha.

People are asking about her though. Mostly "where the fack is she".

And how is Data Riku and Riku Replica good trailer material?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
People are asking about her though. Mostly "where the fack is she".

And how is Data Riku and Riku Replica good trailer material?
Trust me. I'm not trying to make the case that SE/Nomura know what they're doing.

I think Namine will be a big deal in the game. I think she'll probably be in the launch trailer (if there is one) for a split second.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
While i dont care too much for Xion or Namine. Chances are they both will make an appearance. We didn't see Ansem the wise till the trailer that was released today.

wolfshadow0118

Her role must be important enough that Nomura has to keep her hidden I suppose. It may have something to do with restoring Terranort.

More important than what Nomura said about Roxas not being revealed yet a few months ago? Lol

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thank you. After all, we know from the leaflets that someone (most likely Kairi) wants to bring her back. I’m sure she’ll have a significant role to play. I like that we have at least a few characters we’re kept in the dark about. Those are often the ones that have the most impact in the game itself, like Riku and Roxas in KH2.

Indeed. Riku was kept mostly out of the trailers leading up to KH2 outside of a few shots here and there, and when he was shown it was Ansem SoD's face so we didn't even know it was him.

KH3 is going to really blow us away with surprises and we don't even realize it yet.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
You save the best things for last! Though I do wish they had shown her in the teaser opening trailer. That way they could show her face without spoiling her role in the game. Also I'm hoping Namine gets some new clothes. Of all the KH characters she's the one I really want to see some new clothes on. Give her some bling.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Indeed. Riku was kept mostly out of the trailers leading up to KH2 outside of a few shots here and there, and when he was shown it was Ansem SoD's face so we didn't even know it was him.

KH3 is going to really blow us away with surprises and we don't even realize it yet.

So going by that there's indeed a reason why we haven't seen Naminé and Terra at all while only a few cameo-esque trinkets were in the trailers concerning, Roxas, Xion and Ventus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back