• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So has anyone bought a PSP...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoes

You guys are making me wanna getanother psp There were so many good games on there but nows there's even more I rerember my psp fat(which still wasnt that fat) I hacked it and got gba emulator on it. And I new this great site for psp stuff it was pretty fun waaaay better than my DS.

EDIT: Since the vita has a touch "thingy" if people were able to hack couldn't they get put a DS emulator on it?

Last edited:

Love Machine

strut strut strut
EDIT: Since the vita has a touch "thingy" if people were able to hack couldn't they get put a DS emulator on it?

Not sure how that would work, what with only one screen, and not being able to see what you're tapping half the time.

Awards
I bought a PSP for BBS in 2007, when it was anounced. I didn't know it would be three more years before it would come out.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Na, I was just insanely hyped a couple years down the road when I found out they were making a game which at the time looked amazing (and ended up being as well) for a handheld which I conveniently already owned.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Yes. The PSP, I can assure you, would NEVER be in my possession if it wasn't for BBS.

The same thing would be for my case. The PSP was always a cool system, but I was fine with my DS enough to the point where I saw the PSP uneccessary. BbS really made me want to get the system, but besides Dissidia and LittleBigPlanet (which was bad compared to the PS3 version) there was nothing else and it wasn't enough to warrant a system purchase. Thankfully, SE announced the limited edition PSP-3000 in Japan for BbS which would be worth it as it was a collectible for my collection and that was enough to warrant a purcahse as I'm able to save the PSP in my collection of KH memoribilia.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
i have a special case.. im die hard KH so i wont settle for reading about or watching a game's story, i want to play through it.

When BBS had an official release date i got a PSP for BBS, but i did get other games like GTA Vice city, but they all broke XD (i still have dissidia and crisis core, never finished either though)

i also got 3DS for DDD, knowing it would be the next game in the KH series. The only other purpose for my 3DS is playing DS games (my other DS Lites had technical difficulties)

so yes, i have bought handhelds for just one game

Sixela

Yeah. I am a HARDCORE kingdom hearts fan. I got it for Christmas because I begged, Literally on my knees "Mom, PLEASE! If I don't have it I will go Emo and DIE!" and she said no then smiled. Then I got it for christmas and she was like "HA! We tricked you!" And I said (With Sarcasm) "You Sure did..." and Got Crisis Core, Trails in the sky and Birth by sleep. Best... Christmas Present... EVER!!

kupo1121

Awards
Honestly...I'm still waiting for a 3DS because as seen with all KH games on handhelds (minus the phone) there has been a limited edition Kingdom Hearts version of the GBA, DSi, and PSP.

GBA-
http://www.estarland.com/images/products/70/35570/70579.jpg

DSi-
http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/1368...-Edition-Kingdom-Hearts-3582-Nintendo-DSi.jpg

PSP-
http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/gim/id/28972/res/17

I got the GBA and PSP, however, the DS and the 3DS will be region locked. Some people on Ebay take off the shells however, and put the shells on US version of the systems (breaking their warranty, but also making them limited edition)...I'm hoping that someone can do that to the 3DS in time for DDD to come out in which case I'll get that. I had a DS well before Days came out, but I did know I would buy a PSP just for BbS...

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah. I am a HARDCORE kingdom hearts fan. I got it for Christmas because I begged, Literally on my knees "Mom, PLEASE! If I don't have it I will go Emo and DIE!" and she said no then smiled. Then I got it for christmas and she was like "HA! We tricked you!" And I said (With Sarcasm) "You Sure did..." and Got Crisis Core, Trails in the sky and Birth by sleep. Best... Christmas Present... EVER!!

thats sweet :3
i got a PSP for my birthday in the beginning of 2010 and got BBS later that year (around September 7th.. if i correctly recall that wonderous day)

also, welcome to the forums :D

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Honestly...I'm still waiting for a 3DS because as seen with all KH games on handhelds (minus the phone) there has been a limited edition Kingdom Hearts version of the GBA, DSi, and PSP.

GBA-
http://www.estarland.com/images/products/70/35570/70579.jpg

DSi-
http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/1368...-Edition-Kingdom-Hearts-3582-Nintendo-DSi.jpg

PSP-
http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/gim/id/28972/res/17

I got the GBA and PSP, however, the DS and the 3DS will be region locked. Some people on Ebay take off the shells however, and put the shells on US version of the systems (breaking their warranty, but also making them limited edition)...I'm hoping that someone can do that to the 3DS in time for DDD to come out in which case I'll get that. I had a DS well before Days came out, but I did know I would buy a PSP just for BbS...

The Nintendo ones have always been a worldwide thing. If it happens for the 3DS, it'll probably be released in stores here, so there won't really be a need to do that.
If one is made, I will be selling the 3DS I have now and buy it.

kupo1121

Awards
The Nintendo ones have always been a worldwide thing. If it happens for the 3DS, it'll probably be released in stores here, so there won't really be a need to do that.
If one is made, I will be selling the 3DS I have now and buy it.

The Kingdom Hearts DSi was not released in the USA, nor was the GBA. The GBA was released in Europe I believe, which plays in English so that works out well. However, I live right by Nintendo World and I called almost everyday to find out if the limited edition DSi would ever come to the US and I am sad to say that the DSi was a Japan-exclusive only. Considering the 3DS is region-locked as well, I don't have much faith Nintendo would release it here, even if they did make one.

Seasalt Lover

For me, I buy every console that has it, PS2, PSP, DS, got them all, it leaves me with only one console to buy...

The 3DS

Now I'm begging with my mom and dad to buy it on my birthday, wish me luck guys XD

kdude17

I got a used PSP mainly to play BBS, not sure if I'll use it for much more than that, so yeah I hope BBSv2 comes out for the PSP or at least on the Playstation Store. I've never really liked anything by Nintendo, the only console I had by them was a GBA, but I actually kinda want the 3DS since I could use it to play 3 KH games and it'll also has alot of other good games

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
if BBSVolume2 is really a game on a playstation platform i do hope its on PSP and not on PSVita :S my PSP has still long years to live

yeah i would really dislike buying yet another handheld to play KH.. plus it contradicts with nomura wanting to bring expose more people to KH. but knowing him he probly will do it.

kupo1121

Awards
plus it contradicts with nomura wanting to bring expose more people to KH. but knowing him he probly will do it.

Actually, releasing it on the PSP Vita is a smart option for the series, but a bad option for us fans who don't want to shell out more money for a console. You do realize that the more systems KH gets released on, the more people can't say "I've never played the game because I don't have the console." Right now, there is a Kingdom Hearts game for every system out there besides the Wii and 360. Now there is going to be one for the 3DS as well (even though there are DS games) and if they released the Vita, releasing BbSv2 on the Vita would eliminate the Vita. If they have a 10th anniverssary remaster and release that on the 360 and PS3, that means that a Kingdom Hearts game exists on every current console except the Wii/Wii-U. If anything, releasing a game for the Vita can only expose the series more to fans who's first console will be the Vita (there no doubt will be someone out there).

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Actually, releasing it on the PSP Vita is a smart option for the series, but a bad option for us fans who don't want to shell out more money for a console. You do realize that the more systems KH gets released on, the more people can't say "I've never played the game because I don't have the console." Right now, there is a Kingdom Hearts game for every system out there besides the Wii and 360. Now there is going to be one for the 3DS as well (even though there are DS games) and if they released the Vita, releasing BbSv2 on the Vita would eliminate the Vita. If they have a 10th anniverssary remaster and release that on the 360 and PS3, that means that a Kingdom Hearts game exists on every current console except the Wii/Wii-U. If anything, releasing a game for the Vita can only expose the series more to fans who's first console will be the Vita (there no doubt will be someone out there).

i hate that your right about this. im gonna have to blow money on a vita now. do you know if the vita plays regular UMD's (the regular psp games like bbs)

Rexy

Bronze Member
i would rather it to be on PSP since PSP games DO work on Vita, but Vita games do not work on PSP, so if the game is made into PSP the people that have Vita can play it as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back