• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So how did Maleficent do this?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Well since Vexen explained Maleficent wasn't really dead, she was just in the Realm of Darkness then that is fine. Maleficent somehow brought back Oogie Boogie. However obviously Ursula has a couple of Horcruxes somewhere that keeps her alive.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Well just took a look at a cutscene from Re:Chain of Memories (Decided to go back and play it a little) and Vexen's says that she didn't actually die in KH1. That she was actually trapped in the Realm of Darkness. So apparently she used the memories of the three fairies to somehow escape from the Realm of Darkness. So while a little vague on how memories actually helps a person escape the realm of darkness, it's better than memories restoring the dead to life.
I think that has a lot to do with Maleficent's powers as well, considering the fact she opened a Corridor of Darkness for Sora.

Key Wielder

Awards
Something else to consider is that CoM and KH2 focus a great deal on the importance and power of memories; then there is the idea from BBS where they can follow the connections between their hearts to find each other. Taken together, it makes some sense. Whether they like it or not, the fairies and Maleficent are connected; if Maleficent was just in the Realm of Darkness, the fairies remembering her may have caused her to see that connection and follow it back to the Realm of Light.

Ursula...is much more difficult. It didn't seem like they actually killed her in KH1 the way they did in KH2, so maybe she also went to the Realm of Darkness when she vanished into the dark clouds. Or she became one of those creepy plants she was fond of turning people into and it took her a year to figure out how to change herself back. The more pressing concern is why Ariel fell for it a second time, but that would be getting off topic. xD

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
So I'm wondering why nobody decided to revive Xehanort one of the times he's died, if they can revive them with the powers of darkness, why not Xehanort?

Wait, if she was in the Realm of Darkness, does this mean all dead people go to another Realm?

Key Wielder

Awards
So I'm wondering why nobody decided to revive Xehanort one of the times he's died, if they can revive them with the powers of darkness, why not Xehanort?

Wait, if she was in the Realm of Darkness, does this mean all dead people go to another Realm?

Xehanort has never really died, though. There's always incarnations of him running around, and he created them on purpose.

I just checked and Memory Master was right: Vexen says that Maleficent was in the Realm of Darkness and couldn't escape "of her own volition," so she apparently wasn't as dead as we thought. I'm wondering if Riku/Ansem releasing the darkness in her heart changed things.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Why dont we just forget atlantica in KH2 ever happened? I like that idea better xD

Some memories are just too painful.

Yo, Namine, I need some massive-juju up in here, some people need clean slates more than others, catch my drift?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
She had a spell casted on herself that if anyone remembered hers she could come back to life. It's like that old saying, as long as someone remembers you your not really gone.....but ya know for evil.

That reminds me of this

(I also think that this is what's going to happen with Xion)

[video=youtube;zYvDv2U-gqs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zYvDv2U-gqs[/video]

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Something else to consider is that CoM and KH2 focus a great deal on the importance and power of memories; then there is the idea from BBS where they can follow the connections between their hearts to find each other. Taken together, it makes some sense. Whether they like it or not, the fairies and Maleficent are connected; if Maleficent was just in the Realm of Darkness, the fairies remembering her may have caused her to see that connection and follow it back to the Realm of Light.

Ursula...is much more difficult. It didn't seem like they actually killed her in KH1 the way they did in KH2, so maybe she also went to the Realm of Darkness when she vanished into the dark clouds. Or she became one of those creepy plants she was fond of turning people into and it took her a year to figure out how to change herself back. The more pressing concern is why Ariel fell for it a second time, but that would be getting off topic. xD

So Maleficent wasn't really dead. She was in the realm of darkness but needed help to return to the realm of light and used her connection to the fairies to do so.

Oogie Boogie wasn't really dead either. If i'm not mistaken Oogie's brain bug survived in KH1, and as long as his brain bug survives then Oogie Boogie is still alive. Maleficent was just able to return him to normal. Thankfully though Donald squishes his brain bug in KH2 I believe, so Oogie Boogie is really dead.

Ursula is the only one that doesn't have an explanation. But I do think your idea of her turning into one of her creepy little plant people would have been a good idea. I can easily imagine a scene where Maleficent finds Ursula in her creepy plan form and uses her magic to return Ursula to normal. That would have been a great idea.

Xehanort never died though. Also it seems the power of darkness can't really revive people. Maleficent and Oogie Boogie weren't really dead. Ursula is the only one unexplained but i'm just going with they got lazy with Atlantica's story/

No, dead people don't go to the realm of darkness. The story hints that heart reincarnation is the rule in the series. It has been said that Kingdom Hearts is the place all hearts are born and all hearts return to. Some people interprete this to mean when someone dies their heart returns to Kingdom Hearts and then will be reborn into a new life.

But then we also have the soul to deal with. So far the soul simply seems to be the energy or life force that fuels the body. I use the example of a car. A car and all of its parts is the body, the gas that fuels it is the soul, and the driver which controls the car is the heart.

However Nobodies have a will of their own, yet they lack a heart. Perhaps though since heartless act on instict, the will of the heart remains with the nobody just as memories remain with the nobody. Perhaps this combination of memories and will causes nobodies to have what may be called a phantom heart, a mere shadow of the heart they once held. Only able to pretend to have emotions based on the emotions they felt in their memories.

Then we have Terra's Lingering Sentiment. Exactly what a lingering sentiment is and what makes up a lingering sentiment is unknown. But could the soul possibly have something to do with it? Perhaps a person can leave a piece of their soul behind that has been imprinted with some emotions and memories, which would explain how Terra's armor was able to take on a life of its own, it would need a soul for that, right? So could Lingering Sentiments be seen as a type of ghost?

Finally we have the underworld where we have those little ghostly orbs floating around. These could possibly be souls since in alot of Japanese animes Souls do look like ghostly orbs. But perhaps these ghostly orbs aren't sentient, but instead are more like residual energy. In ghost hunting communities residual energy is not the same as a ghost. A ghost is the sentient soul/essence/spirit of a deceased person who decides to remain in the world of the living for whatever reason. Residual energy on the other hand is spiritual energy of a person that is more like an imprint of the soul left behind, often like a recording that keeps playing over a person's death or a traumatic or emotional event that took place at a certain location. So could the little ghostly orbs in the underworld be that?

Regardless, all of this stuff is interesting to think about and considering that we have another saga after KH3, i'm sure one day we'll have the answers to all of this stuff.

OnyxCrest

Wonderland!!! :D... Does it really matter?
Same way Ursula and Oogie Boogie were brought back to life; darkness. She may have not truely been gone but needed certain things to happen to help her revive. Perhaps the good fairies remembering her gave her the strength to regain herself.

Speaking of Ursula, anyone else wishing she would finally die yet? From what I have seen in trailers she is a boss.
You would think three times would be enough.

Like Land said when the good Fairies remembered here she came back to life. I think in the few seconds when Diablo (I believe that is the crows name) brought her cloak in the Fauna mentioned to try to not remember her or she will come back.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Didn't Nomura say there is no death in Kingdom Hearts? At least not in the way that we're thinking of death. Either way, there isn't much point in applying real life logic to a fantasy video game. Especially one like Kingdom Hearts. Although I can see why it would be interesting and even fun to do so.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Speaking of Ursula, anyone else wishing she would finally die yet? From what I have seen in trailers she is a boss.

Like Land said when the good Fairies remembered here she came back to life. I think in the few seconds when Diablo (I believe that is the crows name) brought her cloak in the Fauna mentioned to try to not remember her or she will come back.

Ursula is a boss in KH3D but...well this doesn't actually spoil anything about the story of KH3D but i'm still putting it in spoiler tags anyways The Ursula boss in KH3D is actually a dream version of Ursula created from Sora and Riku's memories, and Yen Sid uses this illusion Ursula to get Sora and Riku used to combat in the Realm of Sleep. In other words, that is just a memory version of Ursula created by Yen Sid to basically be the tutorial boss of the game, it has absolutely nothing to do with the story, just a tutorial boss. The real Ursula is not in the game.

Didn't Nomura say there is no death in Kingdom Hearts? At least not in the way that we're thinking of death. Either way, there isn't much point in applying real life logic to a fantasy video game. Especially one like Kingdom Hearts. Although I can see why it would be interesting and even fun to do so.

I think that was taken out of context. If I'm not mistaken the interviewer was asking a question regarding death in KH in relation to nobodies becoming whole and I think the fate of Roxas and Xion and stuff. If the interviewer would have paid attention to the series he would have known that if heartless is defeated first and then the nobody the two halves become the whole being again. Roxas and Xion aren't dead, they are inside of Sora now and the whole point of saving them from their torment is to make it to where they can become their own people.

But obviously death exist in KH, Ansem the Wise says as much. Death occurs when the soul leaves the body, the body dies and the heart most likely returns to KH so it can be reborn into a new life. I mean he makes it pretty clear:

Heart leaves body and is consumed by darkness = Heartless

Body and Soul left behind by heart = Nobody

If soul leaves Body then = Death

At the moment of death, heart most likely goes back to KH.

Heartless destroyed and heart freed then nobody destroyed, heart wills body and soul back to it = Whole Being Restored

Nobody destroyed before heartless = body fading away and if heartless destroyed later then with body gone, heart most likely goes back to KH. Whole being not restored except if heartless is destroyed rather quickly after nobody is but even then the chances of becoming whole aren't too good.

---------------------

Death in KH is pretty much the same as it is seen in alot of real world religions. Soul is source of life, soul leaves body, body dies = death. The only difference is that the soul in many religions carries the same functions as hearts do in KH, where as in KH the heart does almost everything the soul typically is believed to do, and the soul is simply just the life force/battery/fuel that keeps the body going so it can carry out the hearts commands.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
She had a spell casted on herself that if anyone remembered hers she could come back to life. It's like that old saying, as long as someone remembers you your not really gone.....but ya know for evil.
more specifically, remembered her with trembling fear. Pete, SDG already remembered her, but not in the same way the fairies did.

I like to think Atlantica in KH2 was non-canon, outside of the end credits appearance. and in the movie, she was literally run through with the bow of a ship.

Anyway, she's the opening of DDD(as I've seen in a video). I dont put spoiler tags because she seems completely unimportant. It's a tutorial section, and in a dream no less.

edit: ninja'd

Last edited:

KeybladeRoxas

Ok I don't know how to quote but who cares?
You said this

"The same way anyone would forget someone. The good fairies haven't seen her in a good 10 years since she destroyed their home world. Anyone could forget someone in that amount of time."

but they forgot him due to Naminé messing with the memories and thoughts of Sora and those who care about him (well sort of she pretty much made Sora not exist at that point)

The same way anyone would forget someone. The good fairies haven't seen her in a good 10 years since she destroyed their home world. Anyone could forget someone in that amount of time.[/QUOTE]

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Then we have Terra's Lingering Sentiment. Exactly what a lingering sentiment is and what makes up a lingering sentiment is unknown. But could the soul possibly have something to do with it? Perhaps a person can leave a piece of their soul behind that has been imprinted with some emotions and memories, which would explain how Terra's armor was able to take on a life of its own, it would need a soul for that, right? So could Lingering Sentiments be seen as a type of ghost?

"Your body submits, your heart succumbs- so why does your mind resist?"

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Ok I don't know how to quote but who cares?
You said this

"The same way anyone would forget someone. The good fairies haven't seen her in a good 10 years since she destroyed their home world. Anyone could forget someone in that amount of time."

but they forgot him due to Naminé messing with the memories and thoughts of Sora and those who care about him (well sort of she pretty much made Sora not exist at that point)

The same way anyone would forget someone. The good fairies haven't seen her in a good 10 years since she destroyed their home world. Anyone could forget someone in that amount of time.
[/QUOTE]

You quote by pressing the "Reply With Quote" button a the bottom of a post.

The Good Fairies forgot Maleficent because they, supposedly, haven't seen her in about ten years, not Sora.

Xaldyn

A better question is why everyone forgot about each other. I mean, I know Sora had a reason for his memory loss, but everybody else too?
Well in Kingdom Heart's logic/universe people's hearts are what lead them together, while there memories are chains that hold there separate hearts together. Well Namin'e has the ability to cut said chains, and when you do that the person you share the chain with forget's everything you were involved with. That's why once Sora's chains were mended (Circa Roxas joining back with Sora) other people started to gain there memories back. Sora didn't suffer the remembering part like Yuffie said she did, because he was asleep. I hope that was a good explanation.

The same way anyone would forget someone. The good fairies haven't seen her in a good 10 years since she destroyed their home world. Anyone could forget someone in that amount of time.

That make's as much sense as a Holocaust survivor forgetting who Hitler is. I for one would never forget the face of evil/ender of my world.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
That make's as much sense as a Holocaust survivor forgetting who Hitler is. I for one would never forget the face of evil/ender of my world.

More like they moved on with their lives and don't think about her anymore

Xaldyn

More like they moved on with their lives and don't think about her anymore

Most people never even move on from there High School Bully. I find it hard to believe someone they were rivals(loosely) with and knew about, who also destroyed there home, could just be forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back