• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So how did XH look like underneath his cloak

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
imagesCA0E6PU3.jpg

What was underneath it?

Was it "Xehanort"

Xehanort_Render_%28Idle%29_KHBBS.png

I mean we know XH was just a heart at the time so was this guy "Xehanort" on how he looks there underneath the cloak?

Like say Sora was just a heart for a little of KH1, and the entire Castle Oblivion situation and a little of KHII before he was reunited with Roxas

damn it, what was just underneath his cloak

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Most likely he just looked like a Heartless (could even be a Heartless we're familiar with).
Or, it's possible that cloak is his appearance.

He doesn't have a body or appearance at all before he possesses Riku.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
This something that can be speculated for ever.

Well we can see there's sort of misshapen human shape so i think it's essentially a floating heart that's trying to project a human body around it but isn't quite strong enough to do so. I imagine a mass of darkness with a vague human shape underneath.

venomblade

Can someone shed some light on this? I don't remember ever seeing that brown cloak in any of the games I've played and has never been associated with Xehanort. Where did this brown cloak debut?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Can someone shed some light on this? I don't remember ever seeing that brown cloak in any of the games I've played and has never been associated with Xehanort. Where did this brown cloak debut?

The Cloaked figure in ASoD from KH1 before taking over Riku's body. He's the person speaking to Sora in the cave on DI and then with Riku at HB.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

...Kingdom Hearts 1. He first appears in the Secret Place where he says one of his most famous lines:

"This world has been connected. Tied to the darkness...soon to be completely eclipsed. There is so very much to learn. You understand so little. A meaningless effort. One who knows nothing can understand nothing."

He appears again in Hollow Bastion to Riku where he takes his body.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
"This world has been connected. Tied to the darkness...soon to be completely eclipsed. There is so very much to learn. You understand so little. A meaningless effort. One who knows nothing can understand nothing."

Ah, I've had these words memorized for years~

venomblade

...Kingdom Hearts 1. He first appears in the Secret Place where he says one of his most famous lines:

He appears again in Hollow Bastion to Riku where he takes his body.

Ah thanks, this is what happens when you haven't played a game in 9 years... I really gotta play KH1 again lol

Neptun

I always thought Ansem looked exactly the same way he looked when he took over Riku's body later, with the cloak only beeing a plot device to make the revelation of Ansem's face at the end even more epic.

Remember, the next time we see him as a pure heart is at the end of Chain of memories when Riku fights him in Castle Oblivion, and he looked exactly the same.

JTD95

I've believed for a while that the brown cloak was Ansem's Heartless form.

Remember, the next time we see him as a pure heart is at the end of Chain of memories when Riku fights him in Castle Oblivion, and he looked exactly the same.

But those battles took place inside Riku. No one but Riku could see Ansem. It was a struggle inside him.
Ansem was defeated by Sora while using Riku's body. Riku got his body back with a damaged Ansem residing within him.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Xehanort did not become a heartless guys

"I have transcended to an existence of only the heart. I should have come back as a Heartless, but there is no sign of such a transformation.
My body has surely perished. However, I am different from the other Heartless, keeping the memories of before, and I have not taken on the form of a Heartless

so that means Xehanort was just an existence of a heart which means he looked like "Xehanort the apprentice" under that cloak

correct?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Xehanort did not become a heartless guys

"I have transcended to an existence of only the heart. I should have come back as a Heartless, but there is no sign of such a transformation.
My body has surely perished. However, I am different from the other Heartless, keeping the memories of before, and I have not taken on the form of a Heartless

so that means Xehanort was just an existence of a heart which means he looked like "Xehanort the apprentice" under that cloak

correct?
He is a heartless, just diffrent from other heartless because he still has memories and isnt "mindless"
When you decided to become a heartless thats what happens. Sora and Xehanort both kept thier memories and will after becoming heartless

Awards
I always thought he was some nebulous floating cloud of darkness that had some barely tangible humanoid form, but who knows.

In regards to whether Xehanort was a Heartless or not, it's debatable. As I've said, you could envision the Guardian as the actual Heartless and Ansem SoD as the heart that would normally be captured/consumed by the Heartless (though Xehanort's heartless was strong enough to overcome this and even control his heartless). In that regard, when we say "Xehanort's Heartless," it would really be a term that encompasses both of them.

But this does muddy things up a bit, so for all intents and purposes I think it's fine to label Ansem SoD himself as "Xehanort's Heartless," since this is what KH2 does anyway.

Actually,

250px-Guardian3D.png
imagesCA0E6PU3.jpg

I think it could work

That's actually a neat idea, it sort of makes sense especially with the bottom of the robe.
Though if that were the case, I'd wonder why Ansem's voice came from it. Perhaps because his heart was literally in the Guardian at that point and he was speaking through it. But that kind of contradicts how he said he did not take on the form of a Heartless...

Zul

Awards
I don't think he had a physical form underneath the robe. His purpose in possessing Riku was to gain a physical form. The guardian can interact with the physical environment just as any whole being can. If he had the form of the guardian in there and could do what the guardian can do, he likely wouldn't have tried to possess Riku, unless the sole purpose was that he couldn't wield the KoPH in that form.

I'll settle with calling him a "Heartless Variant", in that he may not possess all of the qualities needed to call him a heartless, and may possess qualities deviating from a heartless, but he has enough similarities such that he can be classified as one.

He clearly didn't regard himself as one though. He probably uses a different criteria to classify heartless based on his research, whereas Yen Sid, Mickey, Sora +others probably use appearance and use of darkness.

billyzanesucks

Since he needed a body in the first place, I doubt he would look completely human. Since he had no sign of transformation into a heartless, I'm guessing he had no actual form (unless he literally looked like a heart). Whatever the case, you can think of the cloak as his form.

Awards
I think he had to have some sort of physical form, though, if only a weak one.

Otherwise he would be incapable of finishing writing the Ansem Reports lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back