- Apr 27, 2006
Now that Re:Mind has been released, how does everyone here feel about it? Did you feel it delivered on its promises? And how does it compared to other games?
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
- Beginning - Really liked that big chunk of cutscene at the start. Fleshed things out and helped connect 3 to X more. If there's a 3.5 ReMix in the future, I hope the meeting in the graveyard between Xehanort, Saix, and Xigbar gets added into the main game. Or at least part of it. Interesting that Darkness isn't given a voice. Liked that Terranort got a solo fight, and also explains why Terra's heart finally started to wake up during the Labyrinth fight. Also Kingdom Hearts Tobi.
- Middle - While the Marluxia/Luxord/Larxene part remained unchanged, the rest of it did enough different that I didn't mind the rematches. One thing I liked was showing how Xion went back to normal. Seeing all the memories floating up made me tear up. The other new before fight cutscenes were also really well done. Haley has a lot of fun playing Vanitas. Also I can watch Terra getting his body back over and over since it's such a good scene (That Fate of the Unknown mix in the BG ). Finally, contrary to what some people are saying, I think there's enough different here that it doesn't feel old or reused wholesale. At least to me anyway.
- End Part 1 - Scala was really fun to explore. That new section alone is as big as two KH2 worlds. You know that feeling you got as a kid when you'd look off in the distance in a game and wonder what it's like over there? Take that feeling, and give it an answer and you get my feelings on Scala. Loved it a lot! fffFffFFFUUCK Treasure Chest 7 though. Also I took a crap ton of screenshots to use as wallpapers. Not to mention the Environmental Storytelling in this one puzzle was really neat. Just an awesome world in general.
That was a god damn finale, and worth my $30 right there.
- End Part 2 - HOLY CRAP MICKEY. OH NOW IT'S PLAYING LINK TO ALL IN THE KEYHOLE! KAIRI HAS HAS A GOD DAMN WARP STRIKE! WHY CAN EVERYONE USE REFLECT EXCEPT SORA? D.SAKJHFAAJKHGA
- (Bonus) Limit Cut Start - Interesting they're pulling out another year skip. Cid finally gets more than one voice line of dialogue, and it is nice to see the gang. I don't see what's wrong with them analyzing Kairi's heart. Especially considering she was inside of Sora's for an entire game, and telepathically talked with Roxas in another. Also took Ansem a year to get data of Sora's heart so, eh? Really doesn't feel like that big a deal after the showing she got in ReMind Episode. Anyhow, I'm still working through this, so I guess I'll update this when I get done.
. But there were some good moments. I enjoyed MoM's scene, what we learn about Luxord, and everything involving Yozora.
I'm glad I didn't purchase this straight away. I knew there would be a small amount of story content, no longer than 3 hours at most, but I didn't expect so much of it to be such a brazen rehash. It's pretty bizarre and unflattering comparisons will be made weeks, months and years down the line.
On the other hand, the Guardians team up fight and Mickey's set piece (which was sorely needed as this character had been progressively decaying as a badass since 2006) are easily my favourite moments in the entire series.
Within the context of Remind itself, the story flows relatively well, however its really weird to see new and old cutscenes side by side as the old ones just look and feel so stilted.
One part (and the only part) of remind I actively disliked was how Lingering Will just broke apart. Sora really had no right to be there let alone fight, they had already made one off playable sections for everyone else, this filler would have been so much more palatable if we had been fighting as Lingering Will, just the sheer emotional impact of that would be far better than what we got. But I digress, I felt like it was a cheap way for such a legendary character to go.
The FF characters immediately brightened up the scene they were in. Yuffie and Cid alone have vastly superior VA and animations than any other character in the whole game bar perhaps Demyx and MoM, maybe Larxene too. Super fun and super refreshing, they themselves make the case for why they should have been in the base version.
It's amazing how well Nomura is able to write a character that's already fully formed rather than ones that are still getting there.
I (obviously) haven't played the data battles and even if I did have the dlc it would be unlikely for me to do so as that's not really my type of thing. However from the snippets I've seen a lot of work was done for them and they seem to surpass KH2, which should always have been the aim for KH3 in all aspects.
If you enjoy boss fights this dlc is your money's worth. If you're playing for literally anything else I'd advise youtube is your better friend this time around.
Level doesn't matter too much in Limit Cut. Damage is scaled so that it's a similar challenge on all levels. Try and get the best armor and accessories for each fight instead. For once, they scaled things properly so that you'll deal good damage even if you're lvl 1.I finished Remind last night and I thought it added a decent amount and really made the game feel like it had a better ending. Playing as the other characters was fantastic!
Playing this reminded me of the things I didn’t like about the base game.
1) Terrible lock on. When I was fighting multiple bosses at once, it would lock on the the farther one way too often.
2) The closeness of the camera. It’s too close to your character. You can’t prepare for attacks and enemies you can’t see. And locking on doesn’t work if the enemy isn’t in your field of view.
I’m going back and leveling up my critical run to take on the limit cut now. We’ll see.
Check your themes, there should be a new one.On a side note, I swear the Playstation store pre-order page teased some kind of bonus. I pre-ordered, and I'm pretty sure there's nothing in there for doing such. I don't need extra pre-order content, but if it's been promised...
They did plan on a new world but cut it because of time. Sucks 100%It ain't worth $30 when so much of it is repeating bosses/cutscenes from the main game. They could've just patched in the option to play other characters in TKbGy in the base game instead. But then the Remind scenario would be too short I guess. Also, the Secret Episode is only accessible after clearing Limitcut, which is a tall order so there's part of your $30 you may not get to experience.
Maybe they could've tried fitting in another Disney world, like Agrabah or something. It would be complete filler but at least it's content. I wonder if there's any worlds that were pretty far along that still got axed like Jungle Book in BBS.
Re-tread old water way too much. The Keyblade Graveyard scenes felt too ‘alternate universe’ rather than brand-new, though I guess maybe that’s what they were going for. Once I got to Scala, though, it really kicked up a lot and actually felt pretty exciting and fun. Some fantastic moments during the last segment. So a slow start, but it ended up good overall.
Really good. The best segment, but it was too short—though technically it wasn’t, since it took me AGES to beat the Data 13, but I would’ve really liked more cut scenes. Even just sprinkle some in-between every few boss fights to keep me going. Say, every few so often we get a glimpse of what TAV, MDG or TTG are doing. Even if it’s just quick little scenes with no dialogue, just to show where they are, what they’re doing, it would’ve been nice. Locking more content behind (what should be) optional super bosses just seems dumb to me.
Data 13 were super fun (and frustrating). Really nice variety of battles and fighting styles. The satisfaction I got from beating some of the harder ones was immense.
Really cool to see the FF Crew plus Fairy Godmother again. Given how everyone is trying to help in the Sora Search in their own ways, I’m also optimistic these characters will all return in the future, which is something I personally wanted after III.
Another super boss and…that’s it. It was a let-down. I haven’t beaten Yozora yet but am tired after being throttled by the Data 13 so many times. It was kinda nice they actually have a different scene play if you lose to him so you still get that ‘sneak peek’ feeling even if you don’t/can’t beat him. I was hoping this would actually be more like BBS’s Secret Episode, though, with a continuation of the story and a new world to explore.
The DLC’s dark horse. My first impression of this feature was that it would be fun for five, ten minutes, then I’d never touch it again. But holy moly, it’s strangely addictive and utterly hilarious. It made for a great respite between the harder battles of the Data 13, too. I’ll definitely dip in and out of this whenever I’m bored.
But where are Vexen and Demyx?! I could understand the exclusion of Ansem the Wise & Co. since only Ienzo and Ansem really did much as well as Yen Sid, who ain’t the most expressive chap. These two had some of the more active roles in the story, though. Without Vexen, there’s no Replicas. With no Demyx there’s no delivery boy to get Roxas and Namine their Replica bodies to Radiant Garden. The two true heroes of the game get left out?! Really? Especially boggling since they’re some of the hammiest and expressive members of the cast so would be perfect for something like this.