• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► So I just cut myself

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I don't really know why people do this. I think it is actually helping the pain that I am going through, there were some shakes at it is just now starting to stop bleeding. I starting to shake again though. Anyway has anyone gone through so much pain that they feel they need to do this?

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
S07oh.gif

No but really, stop that, it is not helping you. No idea why you are cutting yourself, but you are getting nothing out of it. There's no satisfaction there that is lasting.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Cutting is rather frightening. But, as of late, I do know what it feels like to want to go to that point. Although, instead of blood, I'm looking forward to blacking out for periods of time. Asphyxiation isn't funny, kids.

I resist though, even if my life is crud at the moment. I don't really think a person should act upon those thoughts, even if I can truly understand why they would be thinking them. My advice to you; refrain and find alternatives. Talking or venting can take your mind off of physically doing something. Pretty much focusing on any hobby can help, or finding something to keep you busy. One wrong slice and you'll be in the hospital. Or lose use of your hand or whatever limb you're cutting.

Also, think very carefully about how others who know you would react to you hurting yourself. I'm terrified of scarring my sister like that. I think every person has somebody willing to smack a razor from their hand, they just need to talk to them.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Cutting is rather frightening. But, as of late, I do know what it feels like to want to go to that point. Although, instead of blood, I'm looking forward to blacking out for periods of time. Asphyxiation isn't funny, kids.

I resist though, even if my life is crud at the moment. I don't really think a person should act upon those thoughts, even if I can truly understand why they would be thinking them. My advice to you; refrain and find alternatives. Talking or venting can take your mind off of physically doing something. Pretty much focusing on any hobby can help, or finding something to keep you busy. One wrong slice and you'll be in the hospital. Or lose use of your hand or whatever limb you're cutting.

Also, think very carefully about how others who know you would react to you hurting yourself. I'm terrified of scarring my sister like that. I think every person has somebody willing to smack a razor from their hand, they just need to talk to them.
See the thing is I don't really have anyone to talk to about this issue. It helped for about a good hour. Drinking has helped too. I just feel like there isn't any point in going on anymore. I mean I didn't do it just once, I kept slicing, every memorie I saw was a slice.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I don't care what the issue it, it won't get better from you physically hurting yourself.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
It acts as a distraction. The emotional pain doesn't go away. The issue is still there, and instead of confronting it or dealing with it, you're distracting yourself by causing more pressing, physical pain.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Because it's still an outlet, just as bashing the craop out of a punching bag would be. It's linked to having release in your mind, which is why. Same with drinking. There are a lot better outlets than self-harm, although it may seem the easiest way to go about it.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
That is why this is all so new to me, I am usually able to shrug it off. This won't though, cause I am always reminded of it. I'm not the one putting me through the emotional pain.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
I have no way of confronting the problem though?

You don't always have to confront problems to be at peace with them. Acceptance is another way. Go see a therapist.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Right, I wouldn't figure that. Why would you put yourself in emotional pain and physical pain both?

Just find other outlets. You're an artist: focus on art. Spend more time with friends. Pick up running or more physical exercise. Just distract yourself and focus on other things, but don't resort to hurting yourself. It's not going to help in the long run.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
You don't always have to confront problems to be at peace with them. Acceptance is another way. Go see a therapist.
I don't have money to see a therapist. It is hard to accept something when you are reminded of the problem everyday by someone else.

Marly

Awards
Call a suicide hotline. And no one said accepting it was going to be easy, if you're expecting it to just come to you, you're wrong, you have to look at the reward that comes with accepting it and let that be your driving force. And I may not know your problem, but I'm going to assume it's a certain person in your life, in which case, you do have the power to escape that person, you just have to want to get out bad enough.

Trust me, cutting won't help for long. Everytime you cut yourself that sensation you get is a type of chemical compound produced in the brain that is taken in by a certain cell receptor, every time that cell grabs that chemical its receptor gets smaller and smaller, thus making you need more (aka addiction). /lol look im longlivelife. . . bad time?

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
Call a suicide hotline. And no one said accepting it was going to be easy, if you're expecting it to just come to you, you're wrong, you have to look at the reward that comes with accepting it and let that be your driving force. And I may not know your problem, but I'm going to assume it's a certain person in your life, in which case, you do have the power to escape that person, you just have to want to get out bad enough.

Trust me, cutting won't help for long. Everytime you cut yourself that sensation you get is a type of chemical compound produced in the brain that is taken in by a certain cell receptor, every time that cell grabs that chemical its receptor gets smaller and smaller, thus making you need more (aka addiction). /lol look im longlivelife. . . bad time?
See though I am not really commit on suicide. I just like that it helps. She reminds me everyday though. It's hard. I guess I need to shine more on the story so everyone isn't so in the dark.

Me and this girl broke up a couple months ago, after almost a year. At first she wanted me back, and I didn't want her, now I want her back, but she doesn't want me. She see's that I am weak and preys on this. She is going out with some guy, who she happen to meet while we were on a date. I don't like this at all, my friend said to wait it out and that we will meet in the middle eventually. I just can't take thinking of them together. She tells me everytime she is either, talking, seeing, thinking, whatever it maybe about him. She has to tell me about him. The reason she does this is cause she knows it will get to me. How can someone be so cruel is what I want to know.

Marly

Awards
See though I am not really commit on suicide. I just like that it helps. She reminds me everyday though. It's hard. I guess I need to shine more on the story so everyone isn't so in the dark.

Me and this girl broke up a couple months ago, after almost a year. At first she wanted me back, and I didn't want her, now I want her back, but she doesn't want me. She see's that I am weak and preys on this. She is going out with some guy, who she happen to meet while we were on a date. I don't like this at all, my friend said to wait it out and that we will meet in the middle eventually. I just can't take thinking of them together. She tells me everytime she is either, talking, seeing, thinking, whatever it maybe about him. She has to tell me about him. The reason she does this is cause she knows it will get to me. How can someone be so cruel is what I want to know.

If you're cutting yourself you're considered a suicide risk, you don't have to have a noose around your neck to call a Suicide Hotline.

Also what's stopping you from cutting all ties with this girl? Go get her phone number blocked if she's texting you this stuff. Go change your phone number. If in person, just ignore. It may sound melodramatic, but seriously, if she's pushing you to cutting yourself you should definitely consider it.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
If you're cutting yourself you're considered a suicide risk, you don't have to have a noose around your neck to call a Suicide Hotline.

Also what's stopping you from cutting all ties with this girl? Go get her phone number blocked if she's texting you this stuff. Go change your phone number. If in person, just ignore. It may sound melodramatic, but seriously, if she's pushing you to cutting yourself you should definitely consider it.
I have thought of it, I guess I need to just get the courage and go do it. I blocked her on facebook. That was a big milestone.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is this is over a girl...

Dude, I don't care how much you loved her, you are 18, your life has just started god willing.

Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back