• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► so I'm atheist/agnostic now, and

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
It is no belief for two reasons. Not all atheists see things the same, i might think the universe came to be by a sudden expansion, another atheist thinks it just suddenly poofed to what it has been since the beginning of mankind.

As I said, Atheists have different beliefs about things, for sure. However, the reason they are "Atheists" is because they believe that there is no God.

Also, neanderthals which we are descendents from didn't even think that there was a god, it just was thought up about 2000 years ago.

Assuming the existence of Neanderthals (and when I say that, I mean assuming their existence as they are portrayed by evolutionists), I find it hard to believe that anybody could be so certain about something that occurred before the advent of recorded history.

Not believing in a god is no belief, it is a clear view on your surroundings like man already had millenia ago.

It is a belief, that is like saying Theism isn't a belief because it is disbelief that there is not a God. Also, lack of evidence (and I'm not going to go into the whole "proof is in the order" debate) does not prove lack of existence. It merely proves that it hasn't been found yet. The recent biological discovering in the rain forest if proof of this. They found a species of rat that they thought had become extinct long ago. Why? Because it hadn't been seen. Yet it still existed.

Now, that isn't to say that we are going to find some solid objective proof of the existence of any particular God, until He Himself clarifies it in person. However, just because you can't find evidence of Him, doesn't mean that He doesn't exist.

very differentiable
Awards
Just to ask you, then who created god, after all you need a creator for the universe according to you. And we don't believe, we know. And neanderthals didn't think about anything but food and survival.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
Just to ask you, then who created god, after all you need a creator for the universe according to you. And we don't believe, we know. And neanderthals didn't think about anything but food and survival.

1. I could also ask you what occurrence caused the big bang. The belief that the universe came into being from a large implosion is also quite ludicrous. If there was nothing in the beginning then there was nothing to cause a reaction now was there.

2. Depending on what religion you follow the father of the God now created him. If you are monotheistic than you believe that God always existed. This is not so hard to believe since science states that space and information have always existed.

3. Yes Neanderthals did believe in some kind of God because they were the first to bury their dead with objects (Like the Egyptians) in the thought that they would need their tools in the afterlife. They also were the first to form small family groups. So they did care about more than food and survival.

I absolutely hate faithful and atheists who spout off random facts without know what the hell they are talking about. Read a copy of the bible, science magazine, or a copy of Darwin's journal before you start debating. Also like kazukifafner said the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. Science is not perfect even if it is helpful.

very differentiable
Awards
1. I could also ask you what occurrence caused the big bang. The belief that the universe came into being from a large implosion is also quite ludicrous. If there was nothing in the beginning then there was nothing to cause a reaction now was there.

2. Depending on what religion you follow the father of the God now created him. If you are monotheistic than you believe that God always existed. This is not so hard to believe since science states that space and information have always existed.

3. Yes Neanderthals did believe in some kind of God because they were the first to bury their dead with objects (Like the Egyptians) in the thought that they would need their tools in the afterlife. They also were the first to form small family groups. So they did care about more than food and survival.

I absolutely hate faithful and atheists who spout off random facts without know what the hell they are talking about. Read a copy of the bible, science magazine, or a copy of Darwin's journal before you start debating. Also like kazukifafner said the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. Science is not perfect even if it is helpful.

1. Aw gee, what a bummer that no explosion could take place, an implosion is the collapse of something because of an explosion. And a source that was filled with energy was what there was in the beginning. What caused it to become the universe, we don't know but giving explanations for something we know nothing about doesn't get us any further.
2. And why could the universe not be treated like a special case, just like god gets the exception that he was always there. The razor has a good purpose in these cases.
3. Source maybe? All the neanderthalls were busy with was food, shelter and survival, the spiritual had no meaning. It didn't get into being until the lives of people were less troublesome.

I have read many sources respected in the scientific community, i have had discussions with my teachers so i'm certainly not uninformed. I like to discuss with you ass long as i don't have to deal with the same old arguments all over again.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
1. I personally like the bubble theory that states that our universe split from another universe and is flowing in space with multiple other universes continually breaking off from other universes like cells. That of course just raises many more questions.

2. Everything must be caused by something else. Every reaction must have a cause.

Neanderthals (Homo sapiens neanderthalensis).

I would also like to debate some who is educated and has good theories. I love the debate. I don't have any ''Side'' in the argument of the creation of life. I like the idea of God.

Like my uncle said ''Nothing when you die doesn't sound so attractive after a while. Heaven sounds kinda fun anyway...''

I'll be on the lookout for you on the discussion threads. This could be good for both of
us.

very differentiable
Awards
Kazuki, just to get back to you. Would you like to explain why atheists have beliefs?

Dantes, you gave me something i can work with, something i don't see often so that's a good thing. Shall we continue in the intel section or let it rest?

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
Dantes, you gave me something i can work with, something i don't see often so that's a good thing. Shall we continue in the intel section or let it rest?

I can say the same thing. Most people shut everything out and don't even listen to the other side of the argument. They also take it so personal. It's just dreadful. I'm afraid I can't make it to the intel section tonight. I have much to do tonight. School may be out but I've still got work to do.

-_-

Let's see what idiot decides to make a big deal about tomorrow. Is that alright with you?

Oh and on topic with the thread...

God= Good
Lucifer= Bad
Atheist= Monkey men humanity!

Have fun with science dude! It's what made super weapons! Yay cold war! (Sarcasm)

YouTube - Booty butt cheeks

frisson

Silver Member
Not believing in a god is no belief, it is a clear view on your surroundings like man already had millenia ago.
I don't believe in Santa. Therefore, I believe that Santa does not exist.

I don't believe in myself. Therefore, I believe I am nothing.

If you are monotheistic than you believe that God always existed. This is not so hard to believe since science states that space and information have always existed.
If you are monotheistic, than you believe in one God. Mono=One. This is not solely limited to the Chrisitan God.

2. Everything must be caused by something else. Every reaction must have a cause
That's an absolute claim. I like to think there's always an exception. <-- And an exception to that statement as well.
And we don't believe, we know.
In that case, it's Gnosticism, not Theism.

Last edited:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

That is the thing, God would be the creator, as the supreme supernatural being. The natural was created by the ultimate of the supernatural. It's far more likely for the supernatural to be eternal than the natural. He wouldn't be bound by nature's laws.

You know? That's fine. Every religious person will probably tell you that they know as well. I guess that means Theism isn't a belief either.

Again, how do you know that they did not have a concept of the supernatural. Granted, I don't really buy the whole "underdeveloped" human species to begin with. Less knowledgeable (less access to information)? Very likely. Less "potential" (for lack of a better word)? I doubt it.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Let's see what idiot decides to make a big deal about tomorrow. Is that alright with you?

Oh and on topic with the thread...

God= Made up by humans
Lucifer= Made up by same humans as god
Atheist= Monkey men humanity!

Have fun with science dude! It's what made super weapons! Yay cold war! (Sarcasm) However, it's also developed the technologies we use daily and life saving medicines as well.

FIXED.

Flying Spaghetti Monster. Try and tell me it exists just because it can't be DISPROVEN.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I just love saying that because there is no greater joy than being told God exists simply because he can't be disproven.

Meh, it's not that He is proven to exist due to lack of contrary evidence. More like, the lack of evidence doesn't guarentee non-existence (it just means it hasn't been found, not that I expect us to find).

As I said, FSM FTW!

C

Charlie

You're either on the 'fringe' of believing in God, or you just down right don't buy into it.

Choose one.
Quit bitching.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
You're either on the 'fringe' of believing in God, or you just down right don't buy into it.

Choose one.
Quit bitching.

I find that it's a possibility, but I'm not convinced.

Middle ground. And I've quit bitching.

so I suppose that this should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back