• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, is Dual Wielding Roxas supposed to suck, or what?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
With the same strength, a Finisher deals remarkably more damage than a normal attack. Pandora's Gear is built around this fact. Dual Wield Roxas is build around a long string of weak hits followed by a single Finisher. Both are good, just Dual Wield only works well at high levels whereas most every other Gear works amazingly at lower levels as well.

ikd, anything above 60 should be fine

Allister Rose

French Lover
I haven't used DW Roxas in Mission Mode yet. I've mainly been using Mickey. :D I think Xemnas sucks. :\

surprisingly he does. i thought his stats were good, but he really doesn't have very good moves. the final hit doesnt take much of HP

maian

Hmm, I've been playing with him lately and he might not be as bad as I thought. I think the main problem is that I was fighting the Powered Armor, which seems to take little no damage...ever. Against the smaller enemies though, I've been having great satisfaction linking his combos together. He can actually obliterate groups of enemies if his attacks are just stringed together. His keyblade throwing finisher is pretty effective.

...But then, I've only been playing the really early missions, so we'll see how he fares as I progress into harder enemies. :X It's a shame because apparently I only managed to unlock like eight mission mode missions through the entirety of single player.

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
hwo the fuck do you get duel-weild roxas for mission mode

KeybladeLegacy5

SENPAI!
Hmm, I've been playing with him lately and he might not be as bad as I thought. I think the main problem is that I was fighting the Powered Armor, which seems to take little no damage...ever. Against the smaller enemies though, I've been having great satisfaction linking his combos together. He can actually obliterate groups of enemies if his attacks are just stringed together. His keyblade throwing finisher is pretty effective. ...But then, I've only been playing the really early missions, so we'll see how he fares as I progress into harder enemies.
no its still pretty weak even though powered armor has uber defense, wait till you fight more difficult enemies than little heartless, even though it is fun to play as him and string together combos
:X It's a shame because apparently I only managed to unlock like eight mission mode missions through the entirety of single player.
wow only 8 unity badges? that sorry, is really pathetic

maian

no its still pretty weak even though powered armor has uber defense, wait till you fight more difficult enemies than little heartless, even though it is fun to play as him and string together combos

wow only 8 unity badges? that sorry, is really pathetic

Maybe more like, fifteen? It's probably because I never looked for them. Ever. At all. If I just happened to run into it during my mission, I'd pick it up. It's still pretty weird though, because I got like 50+ Challenge badges.

And yeah, we'll see. I just wish they would let you play as him in story mode. Seriously, what reason did they have to only make DW possible in Mission mode? The Kingdom Key+ is insanely powerful, but has pretty shitty combos from what I can remember.

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
Maybe your Roxas is too weak. I havent tried it yet, but the sure awesomeness of the look is good enough for me. The strength i dont really care about. It's a pretty cool experience when your fighting with a very long string of combos to fight a monster than one hit kills all the time.

I think Xemnas kinda sucks. But i havent used anyone with Zero Gear yet so i dunno.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think DW Roxas is so incredibly broken in Story Mode so that you would be able to imitate what happened in Deep Dive. Either that, or what Zeonark said:

DW Roxas is like that because in story mode he was incredibly angry. So his attack power was insane in story mode.

Also, it wouldn't be very fair in mission mode if one person just ran rampant killing everything in sight with the DW abilities before everyone else even gets near a heartless.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
You mean the Dream Sword from Dive Into the Heart at the start of KH1?

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
Yea, he still pwns with it tho.

Like what unknown said, DW roxas was prolly powered down so he doesnt own everyone in Mission Mode.

And I think they wanted to make it feel like how Roxas was in the secret ending to KH1.

Zeonark

Hmm, I've been playing with him lately and he might not be as bad as I thought. I think the main problem is that I was fighting the Powered Armor, which seems to take little no damage...ever. Against the smaller enemies though, I've been having great satisfaction linking his combos together. He can actually obliterate groups of enemies if his attacks are just stringed together. His keyblade throwing finisher is pretty effective.

Wait, what? Xemnas has a keyblade? When did THIS happen? Xemnas does horrible damage for me, even WITH the Zero Gear. But I guess it's like stated, to make him less powerful and broken. In story mode, you were owning Neoshadows in ONE-TWO HITS. You see how long his combo is, would you seriously want that in Mission Mode? People in multiplayer would be so pissed with DW spammers. I'll take Kingdom Key+ over DW in Days, thank you.

Like unknown said, if he was as powerful as he was in the last mission, people would hate using him more than they did now.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
What's Xemnas have to do with that statement?

And the point is characters like Riku do more damage faster than DW thus it is useless. At least don't drag the combo so long for something that looks cool but does jack shit damage.

maian

Wait, what? Xemnas has a keyblade? When did THIS happen? Xemnas does horrible damage for me, even WITH the Zero Gear. But I guess it's like stated, to make him less powerful and broken. In story mode, you were owning Neoshadows in ONE-TWO HITS. You see how long his combo is, would you seriously want that in Mission Mode? People in multiplayer would be so pissed with DW spammers. I'll take Kingdom Key+ over DW in Days, thank you.

Like unknown said, if he was as powerful as he was in the last mission, people would hate using him more than they did now.

...? I was talking about DW Roxas.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
DW Roxas is like that because in story mode he was incredibly angry. So his attack power was insane in story mode.

So, basically, if you get a very highly pissed off Roxas to the degree, you better stay out of his way, or he'll take you out with only one hit.

On the other hand, I don't understand how DW Roxas when it came to Mission Mode had certain things that prevented him from reaching God Tier. Perhaps they thought that if they kept the same power level as in the story, then really, there's no point of using other characters. You got a cloaked badass (as so associated with him) with two Keyblades, and amazing stats. So he would be broken.

Yet, apparently, they have no problem making other characters weak in some stats as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back