• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, I've been playing guitar.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
I tried to start learning around sometime last summer, I think, but now's when I've really attacked my guitar. I've gotten pretty good over the course of the past few months, and I just felt like telling the world.

We could make a discussion of this: any recommendations of fun songs to play? Other guitar players out there? Favorite brand of guitar? This is literally the guitar discussion thread.

I'm using a Squier Stratocaster (eww) with some sort of cheap-ass amp. I'm dying to change my set-up, so I'm gonna get a new guitar for my birthday. :l

PS: Didn't know whether this belonged here or in music, so I just left it here. ^-^;;

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
Here's some fun songs to play on Guitar: "Are U Gonna Go My Way" by Lenny Kravitz, "Beautiful Disaster" by 311, "Sacrifice" by The Expendables, "Dani California" by Red Hot Chilli Peppers, "Prom Queen" by Lil Wayne<<< that's my most favorite one to play right now, "Let It Rock" by Kevin Rudolf, and "Queen B***h" by David Bowie.

Those are the songs I like to play on Guitar. My Stratocaster broke a couple of weeks ago so I have to buy a new one soon.

Wallflower

Website
I learned how to play Prom Queen not too long ago out of boredom (pretty boring, if you ask me), and I tried learning "Are You Gonna Go My Way". It went horribly. xD

Dani California is pretty fun to play, actually, now that I think about it. :l

I gotta say, my favorite songs to play have gotta be Blackbird (The Beatles), Falling Away With You (Muse), What I Got (Sublime), and I figured out the chords needed to play Jammin', by Bob Marley, so whenever I take my acoustic guitar to school, I play it in English class and everyone forms a little circle around me and starts singing along, a la kumbaya. It's pretty hilarious.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Holy shit I love playing Blackbird. One of my favorite Beatles songs.

Try Strawberry Fields Forever, just for shits and gigs

Wallflower

Website
Holy shit I love playing Blackbird. One of my favorite Beatles songs.

Try Strawberry Fields Forever, just for shits and gigs

Oh, yeah. I love songs with seemingly complicated but really simple picking patterns (Blackbird, Street Spirit (Radiohead), etc.). They're so much fun to play because once you get the pattern, it's so much fun to try and master it. xD

AHH I love Strawberry Fields Forever. I learned to play the beginning of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds just to freak everyone out when I start playing it. It's just so weird-sounding on guitar. xP

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
For me, being able to play the Beatles is a must if you want to be a good guitar player.
What

You don't have to play songs from a certain band to be a good guitarist. A good guitarist can choose not to learn how to play the Beatles, does this make him a bad guitarist? No.
My Stratocaster broke a couple of weeks ago so I have to buy a new one soon.
You have to be pretty stupid to break a Strat.

Last edited:

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
What

You don't have to play songs from a certain band to be a good guitarist. A good guitarist can choose not to learn how to play the Beatles, does this make him a bad guitarist? No.
it's all about how many songs you are able to play at different levels.

that's what makes a good guitarist.

Wallflower

Website
What

You're taking it out of context; they mean that if you wanna be a good guitarist, The Beatles is a great starting point to go from.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
You're taking it out of context; they mean that if you wanna be a good guitarist, The Beatles is a great starting point to go from.

So your saying the only way to become a great guitarist is to learn songs form the Beatles

KEN said:
Learning the scales and basic chords is an even better starting point.

Agreed. If you can play scales you can virtually play anything.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Agreed that they are a good band to start playing songs from, but they aren't a necessity.

Wallflower

Website
Vice said:
So your saying the only way to become a great guitarist is to learn songs form the Beatles

Incorrect; again, taking it out of context. I said that it's a good way to become a good guitarist. Not the ONLY way.

Ken said:
Learning the scales and basic chords is an even better starting point.

I'm not saying you should completely disregard all the basic and just start learning Beatles songs. If you want to start learning songs after you know the basics, though, The Beatles is a good way to go, then on from there.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Learn Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. It's not that complex of a song, but everyone needs to know some Pink Floyd, and this is an excellent pick, I think.

Wallflower

Website
:v I know, just being a dick.

Refer to the post right before yours.

oh

lololol k. Lmfao.

Pelafina said:
Learn Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. It's not that complex of a song, but everyone needs to know some Pink Floyd, and this is an excellent pick, I think.

I actually... Don't like Pink Floyd that much... o.o

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Anyway, to answer OP:

I play the guitar, but I suck. I started when I was about 12 and took lessons for about 4 years, but I really didn't take it seriously, and I actually started to hate playing it at the end of the four years, so I dropped it in grade 11 and 12. Picked it back up beginning of February, and I'm re-establishing my base. Granted, sometimes I just go straight into songs, but recently I often just sit down and drill my fingers with the most basic of exercises for half an hour.

fuck that

I play complete weeaboo shit

See: YouTube - Hikari [Rock Version] (Rising Sun) - Kingdom Hearts Theme

C:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back