• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► So there is this guy...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

[Des+]

Under an umbrella in a rain-drenched night, waitin
His name is Travis. He is one of my really good friends, and I'm starting to really like him. Every time some one talks about him, I feel my heart skip a beat because I want him, but I dont know how he feels...How do I know when I should let him know how I feel? Or if he even likes me?

[Des+]
[♥]

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
There's a few things you can do.

1) Note his body language. Is he more relaxed, or more tense when you're around? Does you catch him looking at you a lot? There are a lot of indicators of affection, you just have to find them.

2) Does he seem to go out of his way to spend time with you?

3) A lot of times, when a guy is around a girl he likes, his voice will go softer than it normal. This is a big sign.

4) Hugs. Does he give you any? If the answer is yes, it's also a sign... Unless he hugs EVERYONE.

5) The touch barrier. This is the point where a guy feels comfortable touching a girl. For example, touching her arm during conversation. Generally, a sign of affection is about 4 to six times during conversation.

To let him know how YOU feel, just drop hints over, say, the period of a week. If he doesn't take the hints, then just come out and say it. When you do, though, try to get him away from his other friends. But, if you do, and he wants to be with you, keep it discreet. You can hold hands, be in the halls together, etc. etc., but don't go around screaming to all of your friends that you're with him. For me, and I'm sure many others on here, that's a massive no-no.

Hope this helped out.

Disluxia

Stop putting it on a pedestal

Just take a chance and go for it what's the worst that could happen. Don't think too much and just be straight out.

Ethereal

Sounds just like puppy love. If you really like him, just say so. Or be overly obvious about it by... blushing when you're around him and stuff... Yeah, they always fall for that.

And tell your friend to back off >D </joke> Tell her how you feel.

Ethereal

Karma... as in you've done the same thing your friend is doing know? (which is drooling all over your dream guy, right?)

Yeah, karma can suck.

Wallflower

Website
Just talk to him as you normally would.

Don't think about telling him until you decide to tell him. You'll generally know when the time is right.

Just say, "Hey, listen, I gotta tell you something important..." and gauge his reaction. If it's positive ("Yeah, what's up?", or something along those lines), tell him. If you're talking to him and he sounds irritated, just wait for the next day.

Wallflower

Website
It's always hard to tell someone how you feel about them, especially if they're close friends with you. There's always going to be the fear of rejection, or worse, that when they reject you, that they aren't gonna be friends anymore.

You just have to get over the fact that you might get shot down, and if so, let him know that even though you have feelings for him, you still want to be friends.

It's like pulling a band-aid. You're nervous before you do it, then you do it, and when it's over with, you feel relieved.

jazznam89

If all else fails, whip out the goods and tell him he doesn't know what he's missing out on in many ways.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Whoa, sounds somewhat like my situation but at least your friends with him! So have you talked to him yet and did you get around telling him? If so, I wanna know! If not my advice is what everybody else were saying and take it slow. Don't rush anything. Have you been thinking about this for awhile too? Anyway, update when you can! I'd love to help. Yeah, okay so Sorafan (me) had some problems with guys (in case anybody wants to comment on my comment) but I'm trying to help okay? I once liked a guy friend myself and he liked me back. :D But then I just decided I didn't want to rush and though it didn't work, we're still friends though it's been a bit awkward but he's okay with it by now. Anyway, good luck with you and that Travis guy, Des! :D

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Well, you're not going to want to not do it, and then he moves, or graduates, or something and you're left wondering for the rest of your life, "What if. . ."

Just do it. If you get shot down, just ask to be friends. He sounds like the kind of guy who wouldn't say no to that, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back