• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So, Utada Divorced... Again.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Last edited:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
that's very sad. I also am of the opinion that this sort of thing isn't appropriate for public discussion, so I have no further comment.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
See, I agree with that (I'm starting to second guess my decision of posting this in KH General now, perhaps it was more of the General Discussion section), for me it's just a little weird because... I don't know, knowing her husband was italian and from a town I went to many times made it a bit more... real to me. It was odd, I felt more invested with this than I would've for any other gossip story.

Oh yeah, I guess I'm also sad for their son. Poor thing is barely a few years old and already got divorced parents.

Awards
It might get messy, japanese outlets are reporting that she's dating a "young musician" so it's probably Nariaki lol

She cheated her first husband so if she cheated again it might hurt her career lol

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I love Utada because she makes the best and most magical music, but her personal life is her business.

I also don't think divorce is like this terrible thing, it's the right decision if two people have differences they simply can't move beyond. A toxic marriage or family life does no good for anyone, and I hate that society sets up this expectation of eternal monogamy and emotional codependence in the first place; it's something which particularly impacts women as familial breakdowns are typically perceived as reflecting on their character or capacity to fulfill traditional maternal gender roles.

So I hope this was a mutual decision made on good terms, and wish the best to both parties.

It might get messy, japanese outlets are reporting that she's dating a "young musician" so it's probably Nariaki lol
Japanese gossip rags are just as bad as those in the U.S. if not worse, and it's a special kind of BS that a working, professional partnership between a man and a woman is immediately construed as having romantic or sexual connotations, whether it's true or not.

She cheated her first husband so if she cheated again it might hurt her career lol
Frankly nobody cares, she admitted to the Japanese press herself that she has cheated in the past and her fans were like yeah we're shocked new single plz. She isn't an idol, and she built her online blog way back when by posting pictures of cute panties and outing her teddy bear. Her career will be fine.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I love Utada because she makes the best and most magical music, but her personal life is her business.

I also don't think divorce is like this terrible thing, it's the right decision if two people have differences they simply can't move beyond. A toxic marriage or family life does no good for anyone, and I hate that society sets up this expectation of eternal monogamy and emotional codependence in the first place; it's something which particularly impacts women as familial breakdowns are typically perceived as reflecting on their character or capacity to fulfill traditional maternal gender roles.

So I hope this was a mutual decision made on good terms, and wish the best to both parties.

As someone whose parents experienced a moment of separation that had a good chance of being permanent when I was only 6, I'm afraid I still see divorce as a pretty bad thing, regardless of how good and life-opening it could be on people in the future. My mom and dad don't live together anymore, we don't do stuff together anymore as a family and they possibly don't even like each other anymore. It was possible I had to accept a new partner in my house and life (which man, would've been absolutely peachy with all my depression and fear of change issues), and see the other parent either making a new family or living alone.
It isn't society that sets up that it's sad, that is sad. Even if a toxic marriage has to be undone, doesn't mean I like the alternative.

I think emotional codependence is a wonderful thing when it happens, it's what contributed to save my parent's marriage. And when it doesn't... yes, it sucks and one should be helped carrying on and starting over.
But I've seen a lot of this "divorce isn't actually bad" (to the point of "just divorced" afterparties), and I'm like... I still think two people not managing to stay together and working it out should be seen as a sad thing in its own right. Or that would mean there just wasn't anything in the first place.
Sometimes you *can* get through hard times and incomprehensions without breaking up, and doesn't mean going back to a toxic situation or patching it up, but re-discovering your partner and getting stronger with them.
That and I don't think people need more incentives on marrying without a second thought with the idea that you can just break up if it doesn't work out.

I DO get what you're saying and I now you obviously meant "when things can't be repaired", but the sadness gets to me even in that case.
If this wasn't a mutual decision made on good terms I feel sorry for them, and I feel sorry for the kid regardless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back