• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So way back when...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

duchessa

With all the longing for KHIII, I figured we could reminisce instead a little.
So when the KHII Final Mix secret ending (a.k.a early conceptual BBS trailer) came out, what were your initial theories as to who the heck these people were and what the heck they were doing? I remember when part of Ventus' mask came off to reveal an eye, for some reason I thought "Naminé?" but then it soon became "Roxas!?" After that I was left in pure confusion and only convinced it was still Kingdom Hearts when an angry Mickey showed up. Also, I was and still am bad at guessing things in general.
Anyway, I want to hear what everyone else thought since I jumped years late onto the KH bandwagon and didn't get the full experience of waiting, only binging through the first three games.
I also heard some people thought Terra was Sora'a dad, apparently.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I was like: " le gasp, who are these cool looking people, holey moley they are doing some interesting stuff, why is Roxas there, and who is that bald creepy looking man!?" and etc..
I was pretty amazed by all the stuff I saw. I Actually showed the secret ending to one my friends recently, and at the end he said:" If Mickey wasn`t there at the end, I wouldn`t have realized this is KH." It is an interesting question how and people consider to be KH, or KH-style.
But long story short, I was amazed and confused at the same time.

Xelon99

Awards
During the short secret ending (regular one) I was impressed and thought it was for kh3. The gang grown up as the keyblades hinted it was Sora and Riku at least. Plus a female wielding the Kingdom Key D, which I speculated to me Kairi inheriting Mickeys keyblade. Very big plot twist and all, but I'd take it. Not bad.

But then with the full length Final Mix trailer, that entire idea was ripped to shreds. I began thinking it would be like KH2, where they simply introduce new characters, as they did with Roxas. And obviously with them taking the Kingdom Key and such, they'd be on the good side and fight with Sora & co. Not far from the truth actually. Until I later viewed the translated cutscenes of Final Mix, where Xemnas sits in his little cozy room with Aqua's armour. That again, tore a hole in my ideas. At this time I was just throwing it all down and just see what happens next. Wasn't disappointed

DoctahFaz

Awards
I think Vanitas' costume was much more similar to Riku/Ansem's from the first Kingdom Hearts, so at the time, I think my impression was that this video must have been hinting a game that takes place many years in the past (since the Keyblade Graveyard gave off a very ancient vibe) and that, based on the costume, that Ansem/Xehanort had been possessing other people in the past. Mickey appearing at the end, however, definitely confirmed however it was much more recent than I originally thought.

In retrospect, I was kind of correct about Xehanort being responsible, but nowhere near to the extent of his true impact.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Ohhh, let me remember~ xD and post a link tot the 2.5 HD version for everyone to remember: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejYttnAXfEY
prepare for a long story, I remember it exactly because I react to everything strongly xD

*Armored Terra is shown in that cool pose* ---> HOLY SHIT, that looks hot, who might that be?? and those graphics and location and everything
itsbeautifulplz.jpg

*Armored Aqua is shown walking towards Terra* ---> that looks even hotter!! darn, this is so cool. What a beauty, just look at how her abdomen and hips move, that looks brilliant!! (( I may sound strange but it makes sense for me since I'm an artist xD I analyze stuff like that! ))
*Armored Ven is shown* ---> ooh, this little guy looks ridiculous and girly in armor (sorry Ven, that was my first impression)
*back to Terra, splendid view of his Ends of the Earth keyblade* ---> oh God, this looks awesome.
*Keyblade Graveyard music starts playing* ---> I totally get the goosebumps brrr `''>__<''` fantastic sound..
*Way to the Dawn, Kingdom Key and Kingdom Key D are shown* ---> These are... Riku's... Sora's and Mickey's... I have no idea what's going on.. but the little guy's taking Way to the Dawn, what?? ((now seriously, why is Ven taking Way to the Dawn??? ))
*Mysterious text appear with Xehanort's silhouette approaching* ---> The lost two? KEYBLADE WAR....... A Keyblade War... *heart stops for a second at this grand thought*
*Xehanort's face is shown* ---> IS THAT THE DEVIL HIMSELF?? ............................................. ladies and gentleman, this might just be the real villain of everything KH... (( and I WAS RIGHT!! o.o ))
*Vanitas appears and Ven reacts instantly* ---> oh . A mask. I want to see his face. What's that? these two are connected *smirks* ...that's similar to Riku's Dark Mode...but it looks more badass in black and red, darker than before.. good choice!
*Terra runs towards Xehanort and Vanitas* ---> ladies and gentlemen, we have a fool here (( and I was right again xD ))
*finally a full-body view of Xehanort and Vanitas* ---> awesome designs, the old man looks even creepier, and that dark guy totally intimidates me. All those muscles literally scream that he's strong xD
*Terra obviously gets hit and Vanitas jumps off that cliff using Thunder* ---> OKAY!
avatar__smirking_by_libertaschi-d8ljphj.png
now we get to see some ACTION!
*more action, Vanitas using Blizzard and riding that Keyblade 'cloud', attacks between him and Ventus, flying stuff* ---> that Blizzard looks LAME, but everything is so dynamic and cool *le gasp* yes, hit each other! I wanna see you fight aggressively! slash! bam! (( I'm a sucker for aggressive yet calculated fighting ))
*Aqua's mask shattered, we almost see her face* ---> the beauty has blue hair!! soft blue hair!! arghhhhh, I want to see her faceeee
*Aqua activates Barrier around Terra, flying Keyblades and an epic explosion followed by even creepier Xehanort* ---> THIS. this looks so epic, I want this game, whatever it is!! argh, that old man is the devil, just look at that smug face and those pointy ears
*Aqua's face is finally shown* ---> SHE'S BEAUTIFUL
iloveyouplz.gif
SO BEAUTIFUL ; o ;
*Terra attacks, Xehanort uses Blizzard, Terra backs off* ---> that blizzard still looks like awkward snow but I guess I can live with that...
*Ventus attacks, Xehanort catches him, Aqua's theme starts playing* ---> HE CAUGHT HIM BY HIS HEAD. HIS HEAD. That must hurt!!!!!
*drama moment as Aqua and Ventus look at each other* ---> I sense love, some kind of love. That little guy's eye looks so sweet and innocent
kaomoji_set_1_9_19_by_megaman5000-d7d8f5d.gif
... wait a minute.. I know those innocent eyes. It can't.. can't be Roxas!! It. can't. beeeee *is hit by the sadness in his eyes* ; ^ ;
*Xehanort freezes Ven and then he falls* ---> AUCH!!! I know we need some real pain/suffering in this happy-go-lucky series, and this definitely does the job :< so cool!!
*Kingdom Hearts apprears, Xehanort seems satisfied and Terra's eyes become yellow* ---> I bet this is a massive spoiler. Th-that's Kingdom Hearts!! but... different..and that old man looks as if everything goes 'just as planned'. Oh, look, it's the foolish boy, he has blue eyes...that turn yellow... he gets possessed by the old man or the darkness, perhaps? that will be a problem
*KINGDOM HEARTS text appears* awwww, already over????? I want more!! Seems like the dark guy didn't show his true colors at all... and what about that adorable ..."Roxas"..?
*angry King Mickey appears* YOUR MAJESTY.
shockplz.gif
Gosh, a mouse never looked THAT badass, even though the King looks strange with that angry face :/

and then I started fangirling about how much I love this series and how excited it makes me once again

SephirothZ

When I first saw the trailer I was pretty young and never really talked about KH theories before.

I thought Ven was Sora and Aqua and Terra were his parents facing the big bad guy. Obviously there is a lot wrong with that theory now, but hey, a kid had to dream right. :)

Anagram

Banned
All I remember from that time is "OMG!! Why is Roxas there!? Why is that old man dressed like Ansem!?"
Coincidentally the major theories I remember are Terra>Xehanort and Ven>Roxas. The Terra theory at first was based on later screen shots showing him grinning evilly with Maleficent. "Evil Terra".

My impression of the video though was silence. It was so beautiful to watch and look at I couldn't form more than that. =u=

duchessa

and at the end he said:" If Mickey wasn`t there at the end, I wouldn`t have realized this is KH." It is an interesting question how and people consider to be KH, or KH-style.

I thought the exact same thing! Then again, I was pretty young, but the trailer was pretty divergent from a lot of KH trailers.

and then I started fangirling about how much I love this series and how excited it makes me once again

Haha your whole recollection was funny to read! If/when we get something for KHIII, I'm sure even the most pessimistic of us will feel some excitement. Even rewatching this old BBS trailer makes me excited. :'-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back