• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So... Who's 'not' looking forward to BBS? [Aka. Are you wary of its hype?]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blade5468

Keyblades have always been able to change form.
That they can change out of a conventional "key" shape doesn't really seem like that big of a leap.

That's a very good point, actually. The whole changing into this is not that amazing. Keyblades HAVE changed shape/size in the past, if there was some special keychain that changed them into bikes it wouldn't be far fetched at all.
I'm not going to attempt to argue over it, though, because although I do think it wasn't such a bad idea I don't care for it anywhere nearly enough to try and protect its obvious stupidity.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
The shoulder buttons were another. And they had two different set ups for the shoulder buttons.

Yes. They're still completely different things. Yes, Sora can make his Keyblade float through telekinsis or whatever, but what TAV are doing is NOTHING like that. TAV are physically distorting their Keyblade into a shape that looks like a Vehicle. They aren't simply floating on a normal piece of metal, they are changing this hunk of a weapon, engorging it, twisting it, breaking it, separating it, into a form that they ride. that's the stupidity of it.

First of all the idea of a keyblade itself is stupid flying on an unstable spaceship made of gum is stupid.

Riding your keyblade is pretty cool to me. Next it'll transform into a HOUSE!!! but seriously its a magical wepeon and its a Disney game at its core what were you expecting?

A

Audo

First of all the idea of a keyblade itself is stupid flying on an unstable spaceship made of gum is stupid.
Gummi Blocks aren't gum >.>

what were you expecting?
I was expecting something that made sense, had build up and an explanation within the realization of its own universe. Not something slapped in at practically the last moment to make a gimmick an even bigger gimmick.

leonidus

Even though it sounds overboard, I am sure Nomura will find something to make sense of it. There are atleast a dozen theories on how or why the keyblades can morph, from them being fake/manmade to some sort of mental connection. It hardly exuses it for being a bad idea though and for me it seems the only downside of the game, based on the info we've got. These could mount, depending on the difficulty of the game itself.

jordand

... Who knows, maybe I'm up to a point where I've grown out of KH? Or maybe I love the series a lot because of my nostalgia with KH1 and Chain of Memories, which I loved when I was young.

In all honesty, I think that's what it boils down too. And there's really nothing wrong with that. It is possible that the game will be bad; is it likely? No.

I get the whole nostalgia thing, tust me, but maybe it's best for you if you just leave it at that. And keep KH1 a 'stand-alone game' in your mind at least. Maybe the direction KH is headed isn't for you; then simply don't play it. And I mean that in the most sincere way possible.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I'd probably be more for transmorphing Keyblades if there had been any hinting that the Keyblade could ever have done something that ridiculous before BBS.

We've known the keyblade to be a supernatural, not always "physical" object since KH1. It disappears and appears out of nowhere, it is almost "living" as it stays summoned to its "master", so I find it to be a much more intriguing supernatural weapon to the point where having it transform doesn't really surprise me.

However, gummi blocks? The stuff bears are made of? That were used as a cheap plot device to explain traversing across disconnected worlds? lmfao

loke13

Gummi Blocks aren't gum >.>

I was expecting something that made sense, had build up and an explanation within the realization of its own universe. Not something slapped in at practically the last moment to make a gimmick an even bigger gimmick.

This IS Kingdom Hearts were talking about right?

loke13

The original topic was Birth by Sleep, something that is very much forgotten by this point. :X

lol I forgot about that. But yeah I think BBS isn't over hyped its just been a long time since we've had a decent KH game as good and surprising as KH 1. And we hope that BBS will deliver.

Axel's Fire

Website
www.youtube.com
I'm lookin forward to it because I really enjoy the Kingdom Hearts storyline. The only thing I hope is that its not TOO easy...or repetitive like Days.

leonidus

Just wanted to say that I think this game is the last defence to keep this series up and running. If it can have spirit, good enough development and create some sense (without creating too much nonsense) it leaves hope the series won't go downhill. So far, so good.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Wat you just switched topics.
We were debating about Gummi and I threw my two sense in to the topic because it related to how TAV don't use Gummi ships to travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back