• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So... Who's 'not' looking forward to BBS? [Aka. Are you wary of its hype?]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
So, after all the trailers that it has been shown and the information we've been given, and with only near a month left until the Japanese release, let's ask... who's very wary of 'Birth by Sleep'. I know, some of you will be thinking "Oh great, Chrono's going to rant on how shit KH has been", but I tried looking forward to BBS, but it seems my niggles and cynicalism always going to get the better of me.

I mean, really? I know 358/2 Days is better than KH2, but that isn't exactly hard, is it? But it didn't try hard to be a lot better than KH2. It was just... better than KH2, by a little. But luckily, I didn't put a 'single penny' towards it. Zero, Zilch, Nil. I've completed the Japanese Version, hated how everything is wrapped up and the game took a drop down in quality before its 2nd half of the game. Pirated it in English and I was right, great beginning, great plot at the start, quickly became stiff, cumbersome and shit.

What really annoyed me thus far in Birth by Sleep is the amount of stupid ideas I've witnessed. I mean, really, vehicles-esque Keyblades? Also, the story and hints sound a bit pants so far, and Terra's side of the story just sounds like "What it would've been like if you had the option to play as Riku in KH1". The gameplay I'm very wary of, as it may be like COM's deck system, but I bet it will be dumbed down and resort to button mashing at some point.

And wouldn't it hurt Square-Enix to hire some new artist instead of reusing Hikki's songs. I would be perfectly content with istrumental music instead of listening to another S&C/Passion song. Every trailer I've seen and all the information of BBS I've read, it's just making me hate the game more and more. Who knows, maybe I'm up to a point where I've grown out of KH? Or maybe I love the series a lot because of my nostalgia with KH1 and Chain of Memories, which I loved when I was young.

But as it stands now, I'm up to a point where BBS will repeat the fate that I had with Days. Not a single penny goes to Birth by Sleep, and I'll probably give up the series or something.

Anyway, what about you lot?

[Anyone who argues or points out that "The game isn't even out" or "You haven't played it" and trying to diminish my points/opinion is getting a kick up the arse or nega-rep]

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
well i like the keyblade forming idea, we finally get something new =/
the way you go to worlds in Days suckz balls and the gummi ship thing got boring too >.>

but i must say this, the game isn't out yet and we haven't played it yet so judging the game like you have isnt great XD

but i do agree with them reusing the same damn songs over and over again, its becoming a pain....
but overall I'm looking forward to this game :D

peachie

The main thing I'm worried about at this point is the difficulty of the game, I think TAV being way too overpowered is a definite possibility. But then again, I saw quite a few people die during the demos, so I don't know. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about Zack, 100 acre woods, and "Captain Justice" being in the game. One thing I did like about Days was there wasn't any FF characters getting their own unnecessary subplots. Also there was a very minimal amount of Pete.

As for hype, I'm refraining from it. I realize that BBS could be really good, and at the same time I realize it being bad or mediocre is a possibility. So I'm neutral on BBS at the moment. I've learned the hard way that the more hyped and excited I am for a game the more disappointed I am by it when it comes out. It's best just to go into a game with an open mind, and let the game be what it is without judging it by how good you expected it to be. At least for me that is.

A

Audo

What really annoyed me thus far in Birth by Sleep is the amount of stupid ideas I've witnessed. I mean, really, vehicles-esque Keyblades?
THANK YOU. Ugh, I can't believe people actually like the Key-vehicle-gimmick-thing

And wouldn't it hurt Square-Enix to hire some new artist instead of reusing Hikki's songs.
Handheld titles never get new songs, I don't see why anyone expected otherwise.

I would be perfectly content with istrumental music instead of listening to another S&C/Passion song.
Personally, I'm fine with Simple and Clean, but I think it would be more enjoyable if they used the Orchestral version of it, instead of the one with actual vocals.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I won't be buying the game, and I'll probably never own a PSP, I just hope they make the presentation of the game good enough that it'll be bearable if not a joy to watch on YouTube, on top of hopefully answering a lot of questions we have about things like the Keyblades and Master Xehanort's link to Xehanort.

Eternal_Sleep

ironically i think one of the things i'm looking forward to the most about birth by sleep is how fragile it seems to be. this game looks like it could be the best in the series but at the same time for several of the reasons already listed it could also really hurt the franchise. it looks like they tried to stuff in TONS of stuff lol the board game, three playable characters with connected but still unique stories, d-links, new battle system, shoot lock, new minigames, new worlds, mirage arena, the keyblade space travel stuff and there are probably things i'm forgetting about. a lot of these ideas i really like but it's always risky to throw in so much new stuff, i'm wondering if it will still feel like kingdom hearts. this game will either be awesome or terrible and i'm really curious to find out which one its going to be. lol i guess in that way square had a good plan since i know i will be buying it just to see for myself (no offense but i wouldn't take anyone else s word for it)

time will tell :)

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm a little tiny bit weary about it. :[ It was the game I was most excited about (I even got a PSP just for it!), and theeeeeeen Days came out. I love that game so much and I don't have a lot of interest in BbS because of it. BUT, even if I'm not excited about it that much, still going to get it, of course. Because Stitch is in it! STITCHIIIIIIIE :D And chibi Sora. And... Ven.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I'm well aware at this point that BBS seems like it could be KH2 all over again; all flash, all flair, too easy, button mashan, and so on and so forth (hopefully the dialogue will be better than KH2's at least). That said, I'm wary of how this will turn out and will refrain from getting too excited.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
I feel the plot will be alot stronger then that of KH2, it was kinda just thrown at us at the end.

The only thing that really pisses me off about the game is the Keyblades turning into vehicles which is bullshit. Noruma must be fuckin stupid or something. Riding a key what the fuck.

Other then that I know this game will pass my expectations and be better the KH2 in almost all aspects

Allister Rose

French Lover
right now i'm preparing myself for disappointment. stuff like atlantica and stuff

then again days was just as hyped and had only a tiny bit of disappointment. and this time daisuke watanabe is being the lad, not nojima

Key to Truth

Awards
How can you possibly say Days is better than KH2? Seriously? O-o Days sucked so much in all ways.
BBS is looking to me like something fresh, at least most of the worlds and stories are new, not recycled stuff like Days, and BBS DOES have a Kh1 feeling, maybe you just don't like it, but i think BBS is a evolved KH.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
With what I've already seen, there's no way that this could be any worse than KH2.

That being said, I have nothing to worry about. Keyblade vehicles are fucking stupid though.

How can you possibly say Days is better than KH2?

Because it is.

Masamune

Big Boss
I feel the plot will be alot stronger then that of KH2, it was kinda just thrown at us at the end.

The only thing that really pisses me off about the game is the Keyblades turning into vehicles which is bullshit. Noruma must be fuckin stupid or something. Riding a key what the fuck.

Other then that I know this game will pass my expectations and be better the KH2 in almost all aspects

Did he not use a key as a weapon??? though I agree, it's pretty ridiculous.

Btw, I'll just download it off the internet and play. So I don't care whether it sucks or not.

after KH2, I don't think things can get more crappier.

Key to Truth

Awards
Because it is.

But dude, Days is just a recycled KH, with a sucky mission system with no freedom that is short and with a story all KH fans could see coming, you could see all the "big" things coming years ago. Kh2 was a completely new thing, there's no way 358 Recycled papers can ever be better than KH2, lol.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
my only concern about bbs is on the scenario of the thing. i hope nomura does not pull once again one "memory eraser" from up his sleeve or something like that to save potential plot holes.. that would really turn me off towards the whole plot. 358/2 was complicated enough and sometimes it even reached the line of hyperbole. take it more linear this time? huh??? nomura?? :p

I"m not too wary about the game. I mean the keyblade turning into a vehicle was first seen in the KH2FM+ fight against LS and should have been a big hint that it was coming. Honestly though I'm excited about that aspect or disappointed either. It's just a different way to get around the worlds. So it really doesn't matter in the long run. I'm more interested in how the game will play and the difficulty of it. From what I've seen and heard I'm probably just going to breeze through this game. So that's a little disappointing. As far as the story goes, it seems to be one of the more positive aspects of the game. The different scenarios going on at the same time has been done very well in other games and generally changes the perspective on how you look at the games story.

All in all, I'm looking forward to the game, however, I'm not expecting it be a great game. I don't see this game making to number one anybodies list or getting nominated for any awards. It will just be like all the other games of the series. Just a game you can pick up and play without really understanding what is going on.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Generally, I'm really quite hyped about the game due to its story and finally knowing all the mysteries that it's put forth (Xigbar♥), but I'm not happy about the sheer corniness of Keyblade riding. It's like some gimmick from a bad fanfic. However, that won't have any effect on the story since it's merely a method of travel. I'm also not looking forward to the battle system since I think it's going to be like II. Forgive my blasphemy here, but I preferred KH's awkward camera angles and stiff battle system to II's button-mashing.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Combat system.
I just want a better combat system. Everything else is a plus.
If it gives me a better combat system, like Days', but more streamlined and less-suited for missions, then I don't care if the game sucks, I will like it.

Forgive my blasphemy here, but I preferred KH's awkward camera angles and stiff battle system to II's button-mashing.
Both games are button-mashy. Extremely. KH1 just had you stop and think about how to attack, though. Not every enemy was destructible the same way.
We all loved the way the KH2 battle system looked when we saw it in trailers and previews, but in our hands, it felt too unpolished and flashy.
I feel BBS will return to a strategic element Days sort of reimplemented....a use of magic, and creative bosses, and different-stages-of-attack, and thinking about what to do next, rather than KH2's "hit X button and hope you beat it before your HP runs out". But it looks like it's also retaining the beauty and impression of KH2's flashy attacks.

Ugh, I can't believe people actually like the Key-vehicle-gimmick-thing

My opinion?
It's shit-tons better than gummi ships. And faster.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Well, I am really looking forward to BBS. I have high expectations for this game. If it doesn't live up fully to my expectations, I will go insane.

Originally Posted by Sol
but I'm not happy about the sheer corniness of Keyblade riding.

I agree with you Sol. This is probably the only thing that I am not looking forward to in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back