• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sociology paper

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

What form of communication do you think PEOPLE prefer in general? Online of face to

• online enviornment

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • face-to-face enviornment

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

R.O.C.K. ON
Website
www.whatthefuckiswrongwithyou.com
I asked 10 people a set of questions, but now I want a wider answer on one particular question, so if you have the time just click which one you think. I also encourage people to talk about it

edit: since there is not enough space on the poll

Full question: What form of communication do you think PEOPLE prefer in general? Online or face to face environments? Try not to think of what you yourself like but what you believe people in general like from what you have observed.

cboy305

It depends. Older people would probably prefer talking face to face, while teens wouldn't mind communicating face to face or chating online.

ShadowInside

Online, i guess. i can't speak with the rest of the world face-to-face xD and besides that, making friends online is more easier than in the "real world"

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Senior Leader's Course, Cold Lake Air Base, Albert
Depends on the situation and my needs at the moment.

Online communications allow for this kind of discussion to go on, without people having to meet in a place 200 km away, just for twenty minutes, then have to drive back.

And yet, If I have some issues, I'd more likely go to somebody in my general vicinity, face-to-face, and then deal with it from there.

Duality

Biased stat eh? Asking people online whether or not they think people would prefer online over face-to-face? Evidently, some might say face-to-face, but the vast majority will say online.
Personally, I think more people are tending towards online, confidence or not, (Facebook, MSN, forums, etc.), but I am still old fashioned and enjoy face-to-face conversation more.

Fuse

When will we surrender?
Imo, most people are more comfortable talking online.

If someones shy, they would make friends easier than making friends by meeting and having an actual "real life" conversation with another person.

Online it is..

ViVi94

Trying to escape the land of idiots and retards
Online for me definately, and I think, that if people prefered face to face chats, why was myspace invented? And I have a extreamly hard time making friends baasue im too afraid at what theyre thinking of me, but her it rarely crosses my mind that a actual person is talking to me so I can be myself.

Jopari

I prefer face to face, despite the fact that online is more practical. Face to face communication makes it possible to convey emotion and things like that in body language and intonation rather than with smilies and tags. Its easy to lie online, all it takes is the ability to type.

But that is the exact reason why most people would prefer online. Not only is it practical but it is also easier. You can be who ever you want. You can lie and fake your way through anything as long as you have some sort of imagination.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back