• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Solace in Night

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
​Solace in Night
a kingdom hearts fanfiction
Original Canon by Piercing Light

Character Profiles
Characters posted in the 2nd&3rd threads will be added as the story unfolds.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Prologue

About twenty years ago, the king of Radiant Garden gathered a team of apprentices. These apprentices, five in number sought the boundaries of the heart and researched binding it to an object. The apprentices however sought another means, and to this end they would come to rebel against their master, four out of the five apprentices. The fifth apprentice became the device of the king's retribution, as he was used in action against his treacherous apprentices. By sealing their fates, he realized that his project they'd toiled over had become a success, implanting the traitors with a temporary substitute heart, known as the steel heart. The King's will fulfilled, he used his sabotaged apprentice to sever the chain between his body and his heart, and faded into memory.

The King vanished from the world never to return. In the ways of the heart, he assumed heartless form as his Nobody rested at the shores of the dark margin, even now. The King had a son, and to later discover that his father went missing plagued his son with confusion. His son was forced to become the new king of this world, to this end the son refused such a motion. The young boy began to feel the sentiments of loneliness, with no outlet for his pain of loss, the grief reduced him to tears.

It was one day as his future, bleak in nature, intervened with a shell of a man. As it approached him, it offered the majesty of rejecting the pain he'd held within himself. That the darkness would be his envelop to open others, so that they may suffer as he has. This malign figment, a heartless of the former king, to imbue his rage and hatred into his son. Embraced by the darkness, gaining resolve and ambition, he banished his name given to him by his father never to utter it again. That he should only ever be called by one name.

The Emperor.

Eighteen years later, Disney Castle, it became the very first world to fall beneath the wrath of ambiguous Empire. A single man, besting King Mickey of the keyblade and his guard. With such powerful hatred, he corrupted this pure world, to which he reigns even today. With time, eighteen years had been woven and the young boy spiraled into that of a man. Solidarity between his cold fingers, his wrath feeding the strength of his empire. His army had been constructed of a few leading figures known for their skill and he's dubbed them his Generals.

The conquest of worlds had come into effect for nearly two years now. His eyes had hardened, the emperor only had eyes for the world his father once ruled. For he was taken from him, his lust for power and conquest sought to take his birth right back into his own hands. Preparations were made, his leading and most powerful General by the name of Clement Capricious, also known subsequently as the Prince of Darkness. Clement was to lead the invasion of Radiant Garden, soon this world would fall into the hands of the emperor. With stern vigor and rigorous resolve, the empire dispatched its army to bring this world to its knees.

"Father. You are with me now, they shall soon suffer and be used as I was. Their blood, will fill the sky with no hope of remorse or penance. They shall suffer with me....for vengeance father."

~~~~~Prologue End

Author's Notes: I can't believe i'm trying this again lol, this was maybe the one KH-themed role-play besides Anomaly and few others by Reina that have had successful fan fiction adaptations. Well I tried something different, by giving The Emperor an identity. A past that was never fully elaborated on in the roleplays. It occurred to me to do this because there has to be a cause and effect for the events that are to take place. In the highlight, Akans' character Clement Capricious is equally important at tying together the image of how powerful the empire truly is. The Narration will be broken up into Chapters, and it will back and forth a lot with the other characters.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
[Reserving this post for Chapters 1 through the End]

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Kulen seems a bit mysterious with the way his eyes turn black. I'm not sure what to think of him quite yet. The story thus far has been compelling to read and entertaining. I actually really enjoyed and loved the fight scene on the train the most because, Cort kicking butt to protect Lissa was really cool. As for Clement, he's quite a scary individual. I definitely wouldn't want to tango with him at all, but Salforge is either brave or stupid to not concern himself too much with Clement around. Seriously, Clement would be considered evil with the way he tortured Mr. Cole. I do wonder what relation Mr. Cole has to Lissa and Cort. And Clement with his cryptic orders for Salforge was strange. I do hope Dia and Capell don't run into him for awhile after being freed from their jail cells. Although, the fight scenes they had against Neo Shadows were awesome. :D I've enjoyed every chapter thus far. I look forward to seeing what's next!

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
And Chapter 3 is live.

Professor Ven was really bad with remaining active back then, I have so little information on what Kulen does after a certain point and am going to be forced to improvise inevitably. The NPCs Guno and Viper were literally only active for I believe 2 chapters, hence why they aren't in the character roster. I'm almost positive in the next part (CH.4) most everyone is in one place.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
These author notes are entertaining to read by the way. xD I actually appreciate the different colors of dialogue, cause it's easier to know whom is speaking to each other.

My goodness, what a turn of events chapter 3 & 4 were. I can't figure out who the pure princess of light happens to be, but I have my guesses. Anyways, I feel bad for Cort. He had good intentions despite getting Lissa hurt in the process, and not getting to rescue their mother. I wonder why Lissa isn't aware he's a prince? I also find it greatly entertaining that Ciel and Salforge were had by Artem. lol. And I was definitely not expecting a Salforge to get hit in the head unexpectedly. I found that quite amusing to say the least. And goodness, Salforge sure does get into one fight after another. My favorite part in chapter three was when Derrick held Anya briefly in his arms before turning all serious on Haruka. Reminded me a lot of Sora in KH1 with Kairi. And it's super interesting to see the Emperor come into the playing field, and take Viper into safety after corrupting Bruno with powers of darkness. (I really love all of the chaos unfolding with each of the characters. :D)

In the meantime, I applaud you for writing these chapters into shorter ones because, that's definitely no easy feat, and I can imagine it'd be hard to keep consistency with what's going on with everyone too. On the other hand, well done with rewriting it because, I love reading every chapter you've posted thus far. I look forward to seeing what happens next with everyone. And I enjoy what author notes you write down too. xD (Sorry for taking a few days to read through this btw!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back